Soda how long can you go without it?

Replies

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    mygnsac wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote: »
    I have a hand-held soda maker that adds carbonation to beverages and it makes brewed herb/fruit teas really yummy.

What kind? I want one.

Sodastream.

sodastream.png

I'm definitely getting one. Been putting it off, but this may be the time.

A year and a half ago, I bought one of these for my 2-3 can a day diet Coke drinking Dad. He used it for about 6 months, and then went back to his canned sodas. He didn't like the taste of those syrups. I used it for a while just to have carbonated water on hand, but I didn't use it enough to warrant the counter space.

My boyfriend and I have thought about getting one... I'm hesitant because I don't want the syrup/carbonated water combination to taste like knock-off generic brand soda. How is the taste in comparison to the brand name sodas?
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    It's one of those things that I can go a very long time without. I'll have a few sips when I feel like it, but drink mostly water.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    mygnsac wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote: »
    I have a hand-held soda maker that adds carbonation to beverages and it makes brewed herb/fruit teas really yummy.

What kind? I want one.

Sodastream.

I'm definitely getting one. Been putting it off, but this may be the time.

A year and a half ago, I bought one of these for my 2-3 can a day diet Coke drinking Dad. He used it for about 6 months, and then went back to his canned sodas. He didn't like the taste of those syrups. I used it for a while just to have carbonated water on hand, but I didn't use it enough to warrant the counter space.

My boyfriend and I have thought about getting one... I'm hesitant because I don't want the syrup/carbonated water combination to taste like knock-off generic brand soda. How is the taste in comparison to the brand name sodas?

My Dad never did find a syrup that tasted as good as it did from the can, generic is probably a good description. Others may have a different experience though. He even tried different flavors, but they just didn't do it for him. Also, depending on how often you use it, you will have to periodically replace the CO2 bottle. Just wasn't worth it to us.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    forever
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I've had the flu the past two weeks. I've been hitting the diet ginger ale pretty hard lately.
  • LeoL87
    LeoL87 Posts: 127 Member
    I haven't drank soda for over 5 years and i feel so much better. When i was a kid i would drink about 4 cans a day.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 478 Member
    I like diet soda - a can about once a week. I won't go out of my way to buy it in large amounts and keep it in the house though. Prefer zero vitamin water or perrier.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    The last time I can remember having any was about two weeks ago when went out for drinks with a co-worker and had a Baccardi and Seven. I can go several months without drinking any soda though. Once got rid of the 2 liter a day habit I used to have, I lost my taste for it. I have to be really thirsty and even then I usually will just have a little bit of Ginger Ale.
  • kirsteena01
    kirsteena01 Posts: 13 Member
    I haven't drunk soda for... years. Gave it up about 3 years ago, can't bear the taste now. Won't drink the diet versions, as aspartame does weird things to me. Don't miss it.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    So far I've gone 4years without it!

My hero 4 years that's awsome but I bet you weren't even trying ? We're u like me ?

Oh no... It took a HUGE effort! Day 3 and week 3 were the hardest!
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    I will never be able to give up drinking cherry dr pepper,cherry coke or cherry Pepsi....there's no f'n way!
  • yourstrulynancy
    yourstrulynancy Posts: 77 Member
    jonnie256 wrote: »
    I will never be able to give up drinking cherry dr pepper,cherry coke or cherry Pepsi....there's no f'n way!

Lol well thanks for being honest lol ur comment had me laughing u sound like u will fight me if I try and take ur soda
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    I've never been one to drink soda everyday but I haven't had any at allsince September. I decided it was a step towards getting my weight under control by cutting it completely. I may make an exception tonight for a root beer float! And maybe for mixed drinks sometime soon.
  • eboniivoried
    eboniivoried Posts: 34 Member
    I no longer drink my calories, and have not drank soda for about a year! The last time I drank soda, the carbonation hurt my throat and it was really, really too sweet for my liking anymore. It's crazy what our bodies will adjust to...
  • jpcstudios
    jpcstudios Posts: 2 Member
    Forever
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    jonnie256 wrote: »

Lol well thanks for being honest lol ur comment had me laughing u sound like u will fight me if I try and take ur soda

I would fight you over it lol
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Virtually never drink soda. We may buy a bottle for family dinners at special holidays, but that is it. For us and our kids it is a treat, and a rare one at that, not a staple.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    edited April 2015
    I don't really drink soda, I don't like it that much. Years ago used to drink diet coke, but now I think it tastes disgusting.

I drink lemonade if I'm ill, for some reason it helps!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,228 Member
    I drink around 3 or 4 cans of Pepsi Mac or Coke zero per week - about the same amount I used to drink in regular sodas pre trying to lose weight.

I have no problems from this whatsoever so no plans to change.

Although I might sometimes go a week or so without any, just works out that way, no reason.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    opinion poll says half of Americans drink no soda ? http://www.gallup.com/poll/156116/nearly-half-americans-drink-soda-daily.aspx