Should woman over 50 wear short dresses/skirts?

Options
123457»

Replies

• bethmalakoff
    bethmalakoff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    More Freedom is more Joy. Wear what YOU want to wear. Experience joy. Hence the term "Enjoy" tee hee.. I love creating nerdy humor....:-)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    runner475 wrote: »
    NC_Girl wrote: »

8bghcd68abs4.png

OP is that you and is that the skirt you are thinking about?

If that's the skirt, don't worry, it's fine, If it were any shorter I would say no. I'm sure my wife would object to me wearing testicles on top of my belt. This is also conversation one should have with their family, if my daughter tried to walk out with a stripper skirt, then I would say HELL NO! Your style is a reflection of who you are and want you want.

Oh really? Do tell. If I go out tonight in my leather mini, who am I and what do I want?

common sense people, I hate when girls wear low cut tops, and if they catch you looking your considered a pig, why is that?

Because what I wear has nothing to do with you - and exerting self control (as in, not staring at random boobs) is part of being a grown up, and as such is your responsibility.
  • weightofgold
    weightofgold Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    After going through the whole thread..OP you are rocking that not mini at all skirt......

Now isn't it interesting that men that posted thinks (not all), that women wear what they wear to attract men... I m happily married...I would honesly not even want a guy to check me out...I buy what I buy because I think it looks good..for me and if anything to show off to my best gf s.........

Of course there are appropriate occasions for all.....but when I see someone wearing say socks with sandals...I might not wear it myself or like it....but its not my business.....of if u r 500 pounds in a micro skirt....hey if I don't like it....its my problem....you spend money for ur cloths..wear what you love....who cares about the world..there will always be many that doesn't like whatever you wear....I mean we judge middle eastern women on a covering up..... Soo to all yolo..u like it....go for it
  • weightofgold
    weightofgold Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    NC_Girl wrote: »

8bghcd68abs4.png

OP is that you and is that the skirt you are thinking about?

If that's the skirt, don't worry, it's fine, If it were any shorter I would say no. I'm sure my wife would object to me wearing testicles on top of my belt. This is also conversation one should have with their family, if my daughter tried to walk out with a stripper skirt, then I would say HELL NO! Your style is a reflection of who you are and want you want.

Oh really? Do tell. If I go out tonight in my leather mini, who am I and what do I want?

common sense people, I hate when girls wear low cut tops, and if they catch you looking your considered a pig, why is that?

Because what I wear has nothing to do with you - and exerting self control (as in, not staring at random boobs) is part of being a grown up, and as such is your responsibility.

True tat

As a girl there us nothing more uncomfortable than that..pls if you wanna see boobs google it...
  • PlumpKitten
    PlumpKitten Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am not quite your age. But a girlfriend and I, both 40, went off for a weekend wearing shorts, tank tops, short dresses and bikinis. (We went somewhere hot). And it was fine.
    Where I live -- in a warm, modern Asia city - middle-aged and older women who have slender bodies do still wear short dresses. It's perfectly normal.
    You will probably not see a 90-year-old in a minidress. But definitely women in their 50s & 60s wearing classy shorter pieces if it fits their figure.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Loving the responses on here... my SO likes me in short skirts and I've always felt they were "inappropriate" for a 51 year old, so wore them on a very limited basis.

Think I'm going to throw that rule out now (except for work!). You've made one guy very, very happy.

Meh... rules! Glad you and the SO are going to be happy.

I'm limited by size. I'm 42 and a size 0 in juniors. Makes it very difficult to find clothing that fits me. Try to find a skirt in the juniors section that isn't showing butt cheek. It's a challenge, but I've managed to find some.

Size constraints here too... tall and long-legged, so a knee-length skirt on the average woman is mid-thigh on me.

The SO has always said, "You've got the body for it, you can wear it," while I've been the one arguing that I was too old.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    NC_Girl you totally rock that skirt. I know there's an argument for wearing what you want and to a point I agree. However I also get the whole not wanting to look like mutton dressed as lamb thinking too. For me it's about class, elegance and putting an outfit together. I always follow the golden rule, boobs out or legs out lol.
    I think you look really good and just above the knee or on the knee is lovely and feminine and shows off your fantastic legs

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Andreas (60) likes to wear skirts... he looks good.

1401-Andreas-Cahling-2.jpg

I second that. Andreas does look cute. Is Andreas on MFP? I want to send an FR.

My Scottish husbands' response..."KILT.....its what happens to yas, when you call it a SKIRT!"
  • princessquitealot
    princessquitealot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wear what you want. Flowy hippy skirt with a tunic to micro...with a sport bra!
  • Lynda135
    Lynda135 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Girl! Wear that Skirt!
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!!....confession.....I haven't worn it yet. I will as soon as it warms up though. It will have to be in the 80's for me to wear it.....man it was low 50's today in WNC! Burrrrr!
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Here's Janice Dickinson in a mini dress. A 50+ year old former supermodel.

rps0rcd1vgij.jpg

Cool. What's your point?
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Not reading 5 pages but holy crap, yes, wear short skirts. Wear what you want!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    OP, you look great in that skirt.

And, it was not as short as I was thinking as I was reading prior to you posting the pic. I think it is a perfectly appropriate length, not a mini.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!