Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Today's supposed to be my rest day, but like every week, I'm bored, and I'm probably going to go to the gym anyway...

I'm in the same boat. Yesterday I was stupid and worked out on top of rearranging furniture. Everything points to this should be a rest day, but it's too damn nice out to stay inside today.

It is nice out, but I know I'll burn more calories on the treadmill as I can put an incline, lol. And I'm 2400 calories in the red this week (assuming I stick to my goal today), so I don't think it's going to hurt if I burn 300-400 extra calories...

It is snowing here and I was going to use it as an excuse not to get out. However, my husband and I dug out the Playstation and the DDR pads. Burned a few calories doing that.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

TWD is my husband's favorite show. He begged me and begged me to watch it with him. I just kept telling him it is not my thing. Then, after my last c-section, I was so bored I decided to just watch one episode....four days later, I had seen all four seasons. It was so crazy!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

My kids and I did not pick it up until season three, so we binge watched the first two and a half seasons.....all of us had zombies dreams a few times during those weeks, lol

I also binge watched Breaking Bad from start to finish and I loved that show

I love AHS too but watch it as it is on....

I feel like people binge watch shows a lot faster than I could ever.....it takes me weeks or even months to get through a show where I feel some people do it in days......
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I binge everything. We downgraded to basic cable and watch everything online. If I have to watch something week to week these days, I tend to lose interest and forget about it for a few months. Then when the season ends, I'll catch up in a week. Now I watch tv from a lot of countries, and don't have to worry about when they're actively airing. Some are harder than others, though. Things like UK Big Brother and Australian Masterchef air 6 or 7 nights a week while they're on.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    We don't have cable just Netflix/Amazon prime/Roku channels. I binge watch everything, then get annoyed when there is nothing left to watch.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    So, speaking of feeling like a fraud... I'm down almost 37 pounds as of this morning. I'm still just above 260 pounds. I was 300 in January. What I'm doing is working well for me.

Anyway, I haven't seen my cousin (more like a sister) in a year because she keeps making plans and cancelling. She has mentioned repeatedly that she's at her highest weight ever and I think that is the reason. We text all day everyday so we are pretty close.

She went to see a dietician a few days ago who told her *drumroll* "eat more and eat more often -at least every two hours- to lose weight". That was her take on it anyway. :neutral:

I just listened and felt like a fraud. I can't say "I've lost x and this is how" because I want to see her and I know that she's super self concious about gaining weight. I hope that makes sense. I don't want her to know that I'm losing while she's gaining and it make her less likely to show up. Also, I don't feel like a whole lot of people want diet advice from someone overweight.

It's so tricky, isn't it? I have a cousin that's getting married in October, and she's mentioned off and on via Facebook that she's trying to lose weight. I never post about my weight loss, but when she posted about going down a size and how her loss has stalled, I sent her a private message. I congratulated her on her loss, confessed my own loss, and told her all about MFP in case she wanted to give it a shot to help her get to her goal. She never responded, and now I wonder if she thought I was bragging (I wasn't, I swear; I just wanted to prove that MFP works) or if she thought that I was implying that she needed to lose more weight. I was just trying to help and never would've said anything if she hadn't mentioned being stalled (implying that she did want to lose more weight). I guess it's basically a lose-lose (no pun intended) situation when it comes to talking about weight loss. :/

Yes! You are exactly right. It is a very fine line to walk and I don't want to make things worse. *sigh* Sorry that happened with your cousin. That's what I'm afraid of happening. :(
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I watched like, 6 episodes of the Netflix Daredevil today. I was doing a really good job of only watching one at a time... Oh well.

I watched the whole third season of American Horror Story in one night. 13 45-minute long episodes. Yep. You are not alone with the binge watching.

Is Daredevil any good?

I liked it. It definitely is a violent crime drama.

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I love TWD too. Best show in a long time, imo. That is if you're into flesh eating zombies. ;)
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It took me MONTHS to actually measure how much creamer I put in my coffee. For a while I lied and logged 2 tbsp for 70 calories.

And then I stopped logging it at all. ¬_¬

And then when I was stalling for two weeks in loss, I hunkered down and measured. 1/2 cup of creamer at a whopping 235 calories. Such a bummer!

I had to do a week of black coffee only before I couldn't take it and switched to sugar free/fat free creamer. Now I drink more coffee and only a 1/4 cup of creamer. A 60 calorie coffee is better than a 235 calorie one. I still miss my calorie laden coffee though. :bawling:
  • AlexiaLynnC
    AlexiaLynnC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I eat things like Pringles, I can't just eat the serving size amount. I eat the whole container in one sitting, even if I'm not hungry.
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just ate Smartfood popcorn and poptarts,,,,,oh my,,,,LOL. Im over calories and havent made dinner yet....Oops.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I eat things like Pringles, I can't just eat the serving size amount. I eat the whole container in one sitting, even if I'm not hungry.

Me too and I think it's designed that way, too cruel. How is it that some people take a few out and put the can or whatever away where it stays for days or weeks untouched??
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It took me MONTHS to actually measure how much creamer I put in my coffee. For a while I lied and logged 2 tbsp for 70 calories.

And then when I was stalling for two weeks in loss, I hunkered down and measured. 1/2 cup of creamer at a whopping 235 calories. Such a bummer!

I had to do a week of black coffee only before I couldn't take it and switched to sugar free/fat free creamer. Now I drink more coffee and only a 1/4 cup of creamer. A 60 calorie coffee is better than a 235 calorie one. I still miss my calorie laden coffee though. :bawling:

My coffee is so filled with cream and sugar that it isn't a drink, its a dessert. I measure one serving of cream and one serving of sugar in the cup then add the coffee until it is the perfect pale brown. Its not much coffee in a very tiny cup but it tastes just the way I want it. I can only have one cup a day or a won't be able to fit any food into my calories but it is worth it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I just ate Smartfood popcorn and poptarts,,,,,oh my,,,,LOL. Im over calories and havent made dinner yet....Oops.

I'm already 200 over my goal and it's only 3pm. And I've been mostly eating things that are supposed to be filling. And I'm still hungry. This week has been ridiculous.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »

My coffee is so filled with cream and sugar that it isn't a drink, its a dessert. I measure one serving of cream and one serving of sugar in the cup then add the coffee until it is the perfect pale brown. Its not much coffee in a very tiny cup but it tastes just the way I want it. I can only have one cup a day or a won't be able to fit any food into my calories but it is worth it.

I was having two cups or so. I'd drink one right when I got up (hazelnut coffee with hazelnut creamer) and then put some creamer in my travel mug for work. Now I just drink tea at work.

They provide free coffee, but it is the RANKEST, MOST DISGUSTING coffee you have ever tasted. So I just drink black tea to keep me going. And they just have generic sugar and powdered creamer that does nothing for the taste. So I just drink my black tea and herbal teas.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I saved up 600 calories over the week in anticipation for today and all my sister had was some ham and rolls.

I did help myself to five rolls and had enough calories left over to finish off my B&J pumpkin cheesecake pint along with the sweets I already had logged. :wink:

I liked Daredevil. I wish the show was released the standard one episode a week because having all the episodes available at once just feels daunting and I can't stand binge watching.
  • emmyjo1981
    emmyjo1981 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wear Spanx ALL the time...even to the gym.

I ate all my calories one day in the form of bacon and eggs. All. Of. Them. Won't lie, it was pretty glorious.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    So I'm now looking at 3500 extra calories this week... I'm just so hungry, I'm just not even craving anything but eating anything I can find hoping it will help... and it doesn't. I hate PMS. I'm seriously in tears over this... every single month, I end up undoing 2 weeks of deficit because of it...
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I tend to make almost every weekend a cheat weekend, but it works for me, so there you have it.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I confess to giving into food easily... I do. I do. Sometimes, I don't even try to fight it. I could be 20 lbs lighter by now, but I. Like. Food.

And food likes me back.