Is it just me?

Options

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Sigh.

There are a couple people here...who are jerks. There are some trolls. But mostly, OP ... I disagree with you. A lot of helpful, truthful, honest, people are labeled mean because they are being honest....esp when someone is sprouting off erroneous info that could actually be dangerous at worst and/or a huge waste of money at best.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    dufus12 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    EMT? What does that mean?

Emergency Medical Technician. They often drive ambulances. Knowing this, it's good to keep cab fare handy so you can opt out. :wink:

Mmmm. Nice to know the EMTs are so compassionate and considerate, You a fine example to your work, Mr M

While MrM27 is NOT one of my favorite posters (by a long shot), let's pause for a moment and consider if we all want our posts here to be juxtaposed with our professions. Do we want to be held to a different online standard than our peers here because of what we do for a living in our REAL lives?

I'm going with NO on that one.

My posts should be considered along side everyone else's posts, NOT evaluated based on my real life profession. No thanks.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    EMT? What does that mean?

Emergency Medical Technician. They often drive ambulances. Knowing this, it's good to keep cab fare handy so you can opt out. :wink:

Mmmm. Nice to know the EMTs are so compassionate and considerate, You a fine example to your work, Mr M

Soooooo, you realize you are doing the exact thing you are complaining of in your op….

Isn't that the way these threads are supposed to go?

Newbs with low post count, says others are mean, has no examples, get mean themselves.

Yeah, that's about right.
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have standards that have nothing to do with my job or personal life, but I like to think they much the same. As in, I do think it matters. I don't want an EMT who is a troll for example, Is that too much to say?,It gives me mistrust in the profession. Sorry,But it does,
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have standards that have nothing to do with my job or personal life, but I like to think they much the same. As in \i do think it matters. I don't want an EMT who is a troll for example, Is that too much to say?,

How exactly was he trolling? I'm confused.
  • dufus12
    Options
    HE e refused to answer what an EMT was,,,,,,,,,work that one out,
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

That makes him a troll? Why not just google it for goodness sakes.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I see a post that I think I can contribute in, or, at least, am interested in, and then I see the adversity and the sniping .....so I give up, I don't bother posting cos I don't want to get involved in it all.
    Can't just be me, can it????

errr if you feel you cna contribute and wnat to, then do so. Free forum.

It helps if you can provide examples of what you are complaining about rather than generically point the finger at everyone. These forums provide a lot of support and useful advice. Do you use internet forums or the internet a lot? these forums are very mild as forums go.

Do we really need to know what peoples professions are?
  • dufus12
    Options
    i KNOW a number of paramedics, as we call them; I think they would be ashamed,,,,,,and disgraced
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Where are you from?

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have standards that have nothing to do with my job or personal life, but I like to think they much the same. As in, I do think it matters. I don't want an EMT who is a troll for example, Is that too much to say?,It gives me mistrust in the profession. Sorry,But it does,

Well, you do what you want, but it's a slippery slope you're on.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    TIL how many people must suck at professional detachment. I hope for your sakes you don't actually do anything important for a living.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

What do you do?
  • dufus12
    Options
    I have seen his other comments.
    I am from England,
    But I hate to think my paramedics has his attitude,