Things That Make You Irrationally Angry

Options

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The nurse at my son's school that over-reacts to everything. I can't trust a thing she says when she calls. This year she has already told me that my son one time broke his elbow (not even close) and another time possibly had meningitis.

However, when he truly dislocated his thumb, she reset it herself - at school, before calling me.

Argh! I hope there is a new nurse next year.

She reset it herself?

I was never taught how to reset dislocated joints in nursing school. I always assumed it was out of our scope of practice due to potential nerve injury if not done correctly. Different states have different tasks a nurse can perform though.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Zx14chick wrote: »
    I've been perseverating over the whole yoga pants as real pants thing too the last few months. What is the deal with that? Am I just not cool enough to get it? Too old?

I think a lot of dudes are pro-yoga pants as pants due to bums. I totally understand why people wear yoga pants as pants. They make most people's bums look fabulous, and if they don't then, well, you're really comfy.

I do think that people should wear clothes most of the time, or at least wear a tunic with leggings.

That is my point about wearing yoga pants as pants. Cover up your goodies. No one wants to see your crotch or rear end eating your yoga pants.

To be fair, I do think that some people do want to see your goodies. :D

Lol!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    The nurse at my son's school that over-reacts to everything. I can't trust a thing she says when she calls. This year she has already told me that my son one time broke his elbow (not even close) and another time possibly had meningitis.

However, when he truly dislocated his thumb, she reset it herself - at school, before calling me.

She reset it herself?

I was never taught how to reset dislocated joints in nursing school. I always assumed it was out of our scope of practice due to potential nerve injury if not done correctly. Different states have different tasks a nurse can perform though.

I assume so. My son told me how she pulled on his thumb and it "popped back." When I took him to the QuikCare afterwards, they said the tendons were stretched out and it could have been dislocated...
  • searsvls
    searsvls Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Two cars riding side by side on a four lane and the person in the passing lane REFUSES to speed up so that I can go past.
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    mhecht32 wrote: »
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    mhecht32 wrote: »
    People who get on the treadmill next to mine a the gym and WALK when I'm attempting to jog! UG it is a total deal breaker for me. I have to move away. It's hard enough for me to try and jog/run, and the walker in my periphery drives me crazy! I always try and find the runners so I'm motivated.

Well, that IS irrational, I will give you that...

Equally irrational: I will check the speed/incline on neighboring treadmills and set mine higher, just so I can win the imaginary race we're not even having. I bet I cause some irrational anger.
  • Deltaoutlaw
    Deltaoutlaw Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    People as a whole. But I like certain individuals.
  • rightaboutmeow
    rightaboutmeow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ephiemarie wrote: »
    "It is what it is."

Um, yeah, obviously.

THIS.
    I HATE this phrase. My ex used to use it constantly and now I hate it even more. Lol

• fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    People as a whole. But I like certain individuals.

^^There it is.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    The "Pants on the ground" thing. Shouldn't they be on to a new thing by now??? We even have some young men at work who think it's appropriate to come to work with their drawers hanging out and walking like a penguin.

ouhs12gatwbr.jpg

Though, minus the flashing of underwear, it does kind of remind of Bert (Dick Van *kitten*) doing the penguin dance in Mary Poppins...

v01tpp7495gd.jpg
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    The "Pants on the ground" thing. Shouldn't they be on to a new thing by now??? We even have some young men at work who think it's appropriate to come to work with their drawers hanging out and walking like a penguin.

ouhs12gatwbr.jpg

Though, minus the flashing of underwear, it does kind of remind of Bert (Dick Van *kitten*) doing the penguin dance in Mary Poppins...

v01tpp7495gd.jpg

LOL You should tell them that...they probably won't do it any more.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options

Oh. My. Goodness! I am a school nurse & that just irritated me! Nurses are not allowed to diagnose - even if we know exactly what it is - and a good nurse should be matter of fact, reassuring and positive! And the thumb thing...totally out of her scope of practice! You really should let administration know of your concerns! Grrr...making us look bad!
  • greco16
    greco16 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Beach body posters
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    searsvls wrote: »
    Two cars riding side by side on a four lane and the person in the passing lane REFUSES to speed up so that I can go past.

this happens to me everyday
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    when people use the word "surreal" it pisses me off
  • JoshuaPrager
    JoshuaPrager Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Watching people pick their nose...:/
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The word 'thick' to describe a body type. It *kitten* me right up the wall. It's a horrid sounding descriptor, and I don't know where it came from, but it should go back there.
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When you explain to your family that your going to the "beach"(or wherever you are going) and they don't pack anything to do at the beach or anything they would really need. Like wearing tennis shoes instead of flip flops or heck not bringing a swimsuit....then complains. Especially since my family is 12, 14, and 40....all old enough to pack themselves. Makes my head want to explode. SMH
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Watching people pick their nose...:/

This. Freaking THIS!!!