• Razzaz
    Razzaz Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    sandryc79 wrote: »
    Razzaz wrote: »
    ok.....

i eat out all the time and lose weight. your point?

well, i dont eat mcdonalds cause gross but whatever. LOL

Fruit and salad made me gain weight. McDonald's made me loose weight. My point being this doesn't make sense

Depending on how the salad is made, a salad can easily have more calories than a cheeseburger. If you aren't correctly logging what is in the salad, you may be eating more than you think.

In a salad is lettuce tomatoes cucumber pepper spring onion beetroot wow that's more calories than a cheeseburger... don't know any low calorie foods anymore
    NO. The DRESSING is high calorie. If you only eat the vegetables that TINY salad is like 50 calories.

Or if it has a bunch of cheese or bacon or whatever in it.

Nah if I have salad it has nothing but salad no cheese or bacon or dressings. Consists usually a handful of lettuce. 3 cherry tomatoes quarter of cucumber quarter of red pepper 2 spring onions. 5 slices of beetroot... With a glass of water. Fruit wise 2 satsumas a day 10 grapes a day mixed fruit pots from tesco occasionally which can be 100 calories.

If you have PCOS you may also have insulin resistance. Your body's reaction to the carbs in fruits and vegetables can be less positive than to a meal containing lots of protein. PCOS people don't necessarily have to eat less calories than others, they just need to eat high protein and combine protein with the food they do eat. There is a book The Insulin resistance diet by a couple of Mayo Clinic doctors that covers it nicely.

Oh cool
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but your "handful of lettuce" salad had to be more than your aproxx 450-500 calorie mcdonalds meal. 1300 calories of salad is no different than 1300 calories of mcdonalds, sweets, and chips, at least for weight loss. The nutrition in fresh veggies and lean protein is better macrowise, naturally.

It's perfectly okay to eat mcdonalds, i eat drive-through often. Make sure you're weighing/measuring all your food so you know exactly how many calories you are eating.
    Sorry, but your "handful of lettuce" salad had to be more than your aproxx 450-500 calorie mcdonalds meal. 1300 calories of salad is no different than 1300 calories of mcdonalds, sweets, and chips, at least for weight loss. The nutrition in fresh veggies and lean protein is better macrowise, naturally.

It's perfectly okay to eat mcdonalds, i eat drive-through often. Make sure you're weighing/measuring all your food so you know exactly how many calories you are eating.

Ah right a little gem is 15 calories I had less than a little gem... The buggers must have added calories in my lettuce

Yeah, Whenever I feed my friends I inject extra calories into their lettuce so they get aft while I get slim. And they will never know.....
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options

Ah right a little gem is 15 calories I had less than a little gem... The buggers must have added calories in my lettuce

Yeah, Whenever I feed my friends I inject extra calories into their lettuce so they get aft while I get slim. And they will never know.....

Darm the calorie laden lettuce!
  • Razzaz
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Estimate calories a day I consume is 1300
    Had a cheeseburger and salad at McDonald's and lost weight... also ate crisp and sweets that day... I just skipped dinner and my calories were roughly the same
    Yeah.... when eating fruit and salad why am I gaining weight

There is nothing special about McDonald's that is leading to your weight loss, and nothing special in the fruit that is leading to weight gain. In fact, I would guess natural fluctuations are at play here and you are seeing it as fat gain/loss.

Eat within your calorie goals to lose weight and you will...lose weight.

When you eat at home, do you weigh your food? Never use generic entries for fruit (1 medium banana, small apple, etc) because they can vastly vary in calorie content. On Monday, my banana was about 175 grams, one this morning was 120 something. That's a big calorie difference.

Think it must have been water weight. Nah I dont weigh foods.

And, end thread.

The packet on salad tells you how many calories are in a whole gem lettuce 15 calories eating less than a whole gem lettuce isn't going to be more than

LOL haha
  • Razzaz
    Options

Darm the calorie laden lettuce![/quote]

I know right Lol
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    (Sorry, couldn't resist :p)
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Salad comes in a packet? Like crisps?
    tumblr_inline_mu6bdkdD2h1qc0231_zpsa108a2e1.gif
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

You've never seen packets of salad before? http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271914846
  • Razzaz
    Options

They have labels yes.... at least it does in tesco
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

You've never seen packets of salad before? http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271914846

Only occasionally, at to-go only places. Even my local grocery has a salad bar rather than pre-packaged salads. I don't even mess with that, it's so much more efficient to buy veg and make my own at home. ~shrug~ I don't usually use "packet" for something in that kind of package, so all I could picture was someone opening up a crisp packet and pulling out a cucumber, LOL.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    TL:DR
    Am I the only one that's considering the timing of said weight loss from McDonald's? Did you eat your McD's meal and step on the scale the next morning, attributing your weight loss to a meal you had the day before? :neutral:
  • Razzaz
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Am I the only one that's considering the timing of said weight loss from McDonald's? Did you eat your McD's meal and step on the scale the next morning, attributing your weight loss to a meal you had the day before? :neutral:

I weighed self in the morning after the mcdonalds the day before to see the damage done only to find I had lost weight.
    Options

I weighed self in the morning after the mcdonalds the day before to see the damage done only to find I had lost weight.
    That's not how this works. I don't even know where to start.
    I need an MFP veteran to chime in here....

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Only occasionally, at to-go only places. Even my local grocery has a salad bar rather than pre-packaged salads. I don't even mess with that, it's so much more efficient to buy veg and make my own at home. ~shrug~ I don't usually use "packet" for something in that kind of package, so all I could picture was someone opening up a crisp packet and pulling out a cucumber, LOL.

I only buy salad in things like that, because if I buy any more at once it all goes off before I can eat it. If I buy ingredients to make my own, my choices are basically either salad every meal forever, salad when I want it but throwing half of it away, or no salad ever. In the end I went for no salad ever (with occasional salads from packets like that if I really feel like a salad).

I think you should market packets of salad to the major crisp companies, I'm sure someone'll take it up :P
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    It's just not that complicated (in the beginning anyway). Eat less calories and burn more, lose weight. Eat more calories and burn less, gain weight. The type of food doesn't necessarily matter. Personally I prefer whole, healthy, real and nutrient dense foods vs. fast or processed foods. That just what my body likes. The only problem I developed was after giving up the fast and processed food items and eating mostly clean it seems that my body simply can't tollerate the latter anymore. Fast food, fried food, etc.... it's just not worth the digestive pain and issues I get.

This is silly.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I lost 80lbs eating McDonalds 5 times per week...just sayin'.

McDonalds, Taco Bell and Arbys here ;) OP, I'm not quite sure if you're actually being serious or just trolling, but yes of course you can lose weight while eating restaurant food, the same that you can lose food eating any other kind of food-it comes down to calories and math.
    Options
    This is pretty simple - OP is getting confused about timing. Ate McDonald's, then weighed the NEXT DAY and saw a loss. Attributed said loss to the McDonald's eaten the night before.

OP think of it as a weekly tally, not daily. As long as you're within your calories for the WEEK, don't worry about it. It will balance out.
  • Razzaz
    Options
    This is pretty simple - OP is getting confused about timing. Ate McDonald's, then weighed the NEXT DAY and saw a loss. Attributed said loss to the McDonald's eaten the night before.

OP think of it as a weekly tally, not daily. As long as you're within your calories for the WEEK, don't worry about it. It will balance out.

Thanks