edited May 2015
    Options
    wrong thread
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Beast4242 wrote: »
    I've been sporting a beard for years ad am confused as to why people think it is just now 'in'. Beards have always been amazing. Just saying.

I don't think the trend issue is that we've been sporting our beards since 10th grade. It's that it all of a sudden became popular (about 5 years ago when the duck boys came on the scene) so now everybody with a beard is "following suit." It's not right, but I'm guessing that's my theory.

Forr a lot of these women(as I have seen)...,man, it brings it to a whole other level. I see it all over the place out here in Phoenix: gorgeous women that you can tell clean up real nice on the arm of a guy rockin a 4" beard.

So if it is a trend, is it set by the women, and the men adapt, or vice versa?

• RockstarWilson
    Options
    You see it in sports all the time, too. Just watch a baseball game or a football game.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Beards are instant turn-off for me. To take it even further, the Duck Dynasty look seems to be 'in' and that .....I have no words for that. I could say more, but I'm going for no confrontation on Friday! :p
  • Beast4242
    Beast4242 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think if the women didn't like the beards the guys wouldn't be doing it. Not all of them love it but enough to make the guys think it is cool.
  • BigLifter10
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    I have no idea. I like stubble. But not the bird's nest thing. I'm sorry, they're ugly and just look unsanitary.

Ok, a little bit of controversy. There are guys at the gym with just a little wad of stuff on their chins that looks exactly like they took their pubes and glued them to their face. Eww.
  • KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I hate beards! I love love no facial hair. I make my fiance shave mostly every day. Lol! I can not stand it!
  • hollyann31
    hollyann31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i think it depends on the guy..because not all men look awesome with a beard...
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    I hate beards! I love love no facial hair. I make my fiance shave mostly every day. Lol! I can not stand it!

If you're making him shave then he isn't worthy of a beard.

truth

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Because my husband has a remarkably sweet-natured baby face with china blue eyes. If he didn't have a beard he'd get carded for dry ice (He's 30). It would also make trying to have married-fun-time awkward if he still looks like an 11 year old. I'm not for that.

He likes to grow his mustache out and wax and curl it, barbershop quartet style. It is quite a glorious thing to behold, men stop him in the street and thank him for it. I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, but after it grew in thick and awe-inspiring, I became a fan. Not every guy can get away with it, but he pulls it off nicely.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I've had a beard for 37 years. In that time I've shaved it off twice. Both times my wife's response has been the same. "You're going to grow that back aren't you?!"
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ladies plz give OP the validation he is so desperately seeking.

ETA: INB4 - im a hater
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the fascination is with women and beards.....I can't stand them on a guy.....more than 2 days of stubble on my guy's face and it's like, get it off....I also can't do long hair on guys either.....and these stupid little buns the guys are sporting???....seriously???
  • RockstarWilson
    Options

So does he do it for the nookie, because he wouldn't get some otherwise, or does he "actually" like having a clean shaven face?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    I've had a beard for 37 years. In that time I've shaved it off twice. Both times my wife's response has been the same. "You're going to grow that back aren't you?!"

yours is glorious bro.
    you look like a more sophisticated richard dreyfuss.
    well grown.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    I won't do anything more than a 5 oclock shadow. too itchy.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    i think beards can look okay on the right person (just okay, not great), but i generally dislike them.
  • BigLifter10
    Options
    I won't do anything more than a 5 oclock shadow. too itchy.

The minority of us thank you. B)
  • RockstarWilson
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    ladies plz give OP the validation he is so desperately seeking.

ETA: INB4 - im a hater

Don't need validation, my friend. Im sittin out here in the street holding a sign for a few bucks, and just looking to pass the time in a fun way. What's to validate?