What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Visited my dad and his wife this past weekend and they complimented my progress and asked what I was doing. I mentioned MFP and moved on but they kept coming back to it as they have put on a few retirement pounds. Now, they've both joined, got a food scale, and have been tracking for the past week.

So, I got a compliment and inspired two people to make a change.
  • mrsmaggiejane
    mrsmaggiejane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have two non-scale victories:
    1. After two years of not caring about myself and allowing myself to gain almost 40 pounds, I am finally taking the initiative to rid myself of my weight and my psoriasis. I think it's time I spend a little time for me.
    2. Although I am under a tremendous amount of stress from work, I have stopped myself from stress eating.

Scale victory- since starting mfp about a week ago, I have already lost 2 pounds! :smiley:
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    NSV: Shocked.. I am was a 2XL shirt size. -- I could if the LARGE fine this morning, but felt comfortable in the XL. Winning!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had to get my glasses adjusted because they kept falling off my face!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I had a ring tucked away that my roommate had given me that I was going to give away because I thought it would never fit. I was rummaging around in some things and came across it, tried it on, and it went right on!
  • JRiver053
    JRiver053 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I fit into my size medium scrubs today I have had stashed away for the last 2 years!!
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This morning when I was showering I did a double-take at how much smaller my shoulder looked.

My second NSV... for kicks I tried on some clothes when I was at Walmart this afternoon. I actually fit in their clothes now. It's silly but I truly wanted to cry in the changing room. I started out at 400 lbs and for the first time I just walked into a store and bought something off the rack instead of having to buy something online from plus size stores. It felt wonderful.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Just pulled four tops, a dress, and a pair of PJs out of my too small drawer and put them in to the closet as they all fit...... for now. Hoping to make them too big in the not too distant future :smiley:
  • Carolyn_Carolyn_Carolyn
    Options
    I've won twice playing the Workweek hustle on Fitbit! Rewarded myself with a new workout gear:)
  • satisatisati
    satisatisati Posts: 260 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    When other people in my office notice the changes in my body and then they start asking me questions.
    How did you reduce what do you eat. Can you spare some time with me. I also want to loose weight like you.
    you are looking so young :)
  • SallyRamona
    SallyRamona Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am so in love with this thread!! I have been haunting it the past few days and it just inspires me no end! No NSV is too small or too weird. I only started logging my food and getting serious about all this on 7 days ago. I am currently very pregnant with my second, due early June, so I am not focusing on weight loss right now just eating well so as to set me up well nutritionally so I can focus more on exercise once my son arrives and I am cleared for all exercise again. But I have still had some NSV, unexpected considering my focus and being only a week.

~Three days ago a woman at my daughter's play group said it looked like my face it thinning out.
    ~Yesterday I accidentally walked 10 more minutes then I planned and felt no worse off then the shorter walk
    ~Last night, whilst getting ready for bed I actually noticed that my face does in fact look slimmer
    ~Also, last night, I noticed that my skin, which has never actually been bad just black and whiteheads on and around my nose mostly, is clearing up from all the water I am drinking!!
  • Lyn78
    Lyn78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't usually post, but yesterday morning I accidentally picked up my daughters gym trousers fron the clean laundry pile. In the last year I have gone from a UK size 20 to a 12/14. My daughters trouser is size 8. Did not realise my mistake until I got to the gym after work, but thought I may get as well see if I can wear them, as I did not want to miss my workout. Apart from being a little tight on the thighs, they fit fine. The last time I wore a size 8 was 16 years ago, before I had my daughter!

• duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Pushed away my dinner when I realised I didn't need any more. My husband and I went out for dinner and had just the most amazing curry ever. Just delicious. But when I wasn't hungry, which was less than half of it later, I pushed it away and asked for a takeaway box. My husband- who is very much of the mindset "don't waste food"- decided 'wait, yeah that's a good idea' and pushed his away too. Big moment for the two of us.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    In spite of feeling unprepared and repetitive when I taught an Aquatic exercise class for Arthritic people last night, one student commented to the person at the front desk on the way out, "She's really good!" while I was walking out with her.
  • Megeffer
    Megeffer Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I went an entire day without checking out my own bum in the mirror. Haha.
  • jennfeustel123
    jennfeustel123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had to tie my shoe laces into double, triple knots because my feet are getting smaller and the double knot leaves the loops hanging out too far... Realized this the hard way, tripped my self doing day 20 of the 30 day shred!!! Woooo!!!
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Wore a size large polo this week, for the first time since 1978, junior year in high school.
  • SallyRamona
    SallyRamona Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had gotten too big to use my homemade hoop. The hoop to waist ratio made it soooo hard and I couldn't keep going at all. Today I got out the hoop and swoop swoop, I only dropped it when I was trying to do fancy stuff, I never just lost control of it from my waist :)

I love this! I took a hoop class last summer at Wanderlust Festival and fell in love. As soon as I am cleared for exercise after I birth my son (due in early June) I am going to sign up for a local hoop class.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Can bend over to paint my toenails!6dz0gwdiaqr6.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!