What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Took several bags of clothes to the Oxfam store because they were much too big!
    I was upset to be parting with so many "favourite" outfits, but what's the point of keeping them, I never want to be that size again!
    Because they were all freshly washed and pressed they went straight out on shop floor where most snapped up immediately by a woman who had lost 5 stone/ 70lb/ about 30kg after weight loss surgery and needed some workwear :)
    And just to make me feel even better, the nice lady was so pleased with her designer bargains she gave £200 to the Nepal Earthquake appeal :smiley:
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This morning when I was showering I did a double-take at how much smaller my shoulder looked.

My second NSV... for kicks I tried on some clothes when I was at Walmart this afternoon. I actually fit in their clothes now. It's silly but I truly wanted to cry in the changing room. I started out at 400 lbs and for the first time I just walked into a store and bought something off the rack instead of having to buy something online from plus size stores. It felt wonderful.

Yep, I had the same reaction and wanted to bawl my eyes out AND hug the shop assistant when I could fit into a size L in a regular store. Great nsv - just beware it might turn you into a total shopping addict >:)
  • SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Last week I treated myself to a new, smaller sized dress as all my other clothes were too big and baggy.
    I wore it for the first time today.
    In Marks and Spencer's I saw a woman in an identical dress coming towards me and thought, " She's got great legs, I wish I looked like that!"
    Then I realised it was a mirror.
    Had to sit down and explain to my boy that "Mummy isn't crying, these are happy tears!" :smiley:
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    This morning when I was showering I did a double-take at how much smaller my shoulder looked.

My second NSV... for kicks I tried on some clothes when I was at Walmart this afternoon. I actually fit in their clothes now. It's silly but I truly wanted to cry in the changing room. I started out at 400 lbs and for the first time I just walked into a store and bought something off the rack instead of having to buy something online from plus size stores. It felt wonderful.

Yep, I had the same reaction and wanted to bawl my eyes out AND hug the shop assistant when I could fit into a size L in a regular store. Great nsv - just beware it might turn you into a total shopping addict >:)

Congratulations to you!!! I'm well on my way. I bought about $75 worth of tanks and maxi skirts. :D I don't think I'll ever wear shorts with these wrinkly legs though. >:)
  • theresaboosh
    theresaboosh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone! I'm on day 36 of being binge free. On my way toward B.E.D. Recovery!
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    1. Bought new jeans today. Used to be a 40" waist. Took a 38 and 36 into the changing room with me. Neither fit... walked out with a 34.

2. Went for a run. Usually do two loops of a 1.8 mile circuit. Started a bit fast today, and I knew the wife was at home waiting for me so we could go out, so I thought "eh.... I'll see how quick I can do one lap instead." Now, the first time I ever ran this, it took me 18:53. My previous record was 15:30. I thought, "maybe I can get under 15 minutes." I did it in 14:11.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    DD14 had her first 2 softball games this week. She was bummed out over her performance so far. To give her a somewhat funny motivation, I told her that everytime she gets a base hit, Mom will drop and do 10 pushups, no matter who is watching.
    She can't wait for Monday afternoon's game.

At any rate, it's a NSV because it just popped out of my mouth and I was surprised that the thought of it did not intimidate me at all.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone! I'm on day 36 of being binge free. On my way toward B.E.D. Recovery!

That's amazing, go you!! Keep on being awesome. :)
  • AngeBee18
    Options
    melissaw78 wrote: »
    DD14 had her first 2 softball games this week. She was bummed out over her performance so far. To give her a somewhat funny motivation, I told her that everytime she gets a base hit, Mom will drop and do 10 pushups, no matter who is watching.

At any rate, it's a NSV because it just popped out of my mouth and I was surprised that the thought of it did not intimidate me at all.

That is so awesome! :D
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    melissaw78 wrote: »

Your NSV should be that that motivated her and didn't mortify her! My daughter would be so embarassed (but secretly probably pretty proud!)
  • AnitaHardin
    AnitaHardin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was able to get down on the ground and turn off the propane gas to my fireplace without holding onto somethimg to get up. May be small, but it was a huge deal to me.
  • AnitaHardin
    AnitaHardin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I'm officially in single digit jeans :)

Congratulations! That would be a dream come true.
  • Emartz2
    Emartz2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My close friends are really noticing!!!

And I slipped some jeans off myself WITHOUT unzipping them!!! Whoop! Whoop!
  • AngeBee18
    Options
    I hit 100 days logging today :)

I also went to the pool before work, and managed to drag my husband with me! And he enjoyed it (even though he was disappointed he had lost some form from the last time he swam...15 years ago!) :o
  • amk165
    amk165 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just realized that for the first time in forever...... the weight in my license is actually accurate!
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Played 6 hours of softball today at a tournament. During the 6th hour the rain started coming down *bad* and, to keep warm, I started doing star jumps in the outfield.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Did my first ever race today. 2mile run, 19 mile bike, 2 mile run. Finished with a huge smile on my face and a song in my heart!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I went on a 6 mile hike and put on my fanny pack for the first time in a long time. I had to shorten the belt by about 8"!!!!!
  • nettam3re3
    nettam3re3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I hiked 6.6 miles and didn't stop to sit down!
  • nettam3re3
    nettam3re3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I went on a 6 mile hike and put on my fanny pack for the first time in a long time. I had to shorten the belt by about 8"!!!!!

Me too! Minus the fanny pack though! Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!