To the people who have a "terms and conditions" in their 'about me' for people adding them..

Options

Replies

• livbridgex
    livbridgex Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Where's my bingo card.
    s5valsgh6wv8.jpg

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Where's my bingo card.

tumblr_mkcazty7Qi1s5ti09o1_500.gif
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Who is that guy? He must hang out on chitchat.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    It's not unlike people who put that they're going vegan in all caps in their profile as some grand announcement, huh?
  • livbridgex
    Options
    It's not unlike people who put that they're going vegan in all caps in their profile as some grand announcement, huh?
    I would just put 'vegan' but I'm still transitioning so I didn't just wanna say I was a vegan and someone call me out on it when they read my diary, hence the caps. I'll change it, I didn't mean it to come across in that way :)
  • livbridgex
    Options
    Gabrielm80 wrote: »
    MKEgal wrote: »
    if I don't know who the hell you are, it's creepy to get a request from a complete stranger without knowing
    where they found me. Also I like to know why I sparked someone's interest, because if they expect me to
    sexy-talk with them, send nudes, or be their nanny/cheerleader, I know better than to accept.
    Yes, this, all of it.
    I'd like to have some idea of why a person is interested in being more in contact.
    Are we living in the same general area? Are we close in goals? Did something I write help you?

When I first joined, I got a couple creepy messages from some guy (I think it was a guy) who was very interested in
    how tall I was, went on & on about "oh, lady, you are so very tall". (I'm only 5'10", fer goshsakes!) I blocked him.

The how tall are you guy is legendary. Your not the first person I heard about him. The other day I even made a meme for him
    f140s4cjj7cr.jpg

HAHA omg what as if
  • RichardParisFR
    RichardParisFR Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Rules to accept friends... That's a weird concept. If I create rules for that I am not sure I'll be approved myself!
  • angelxbaby714
    angelxbaby714 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know u can do that in your about me section. Hmmmm I'm going to make people write "why we should be friends" & then tell me the bills of rights b4 I accept them (; (; jk. Lmao
  • livbridgex
    Options
    I didn't even know u can do that in your about me section. Hmmmm I'm going to make people write "why we should be friends" & then tell me the bills of rights b4 I accept them (; (; jk. Lmao

Hahahah
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Haahahahhaha yes
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Before anyone friend invites me please video tape yourself as if we were having a dance off and send me a link. If I deem you the victor you than must take a practice Harvard SAT test and a Vogue quiz titled does he even love you. Please provide an original short essay on the fall of modern industrial revolution(I have read all the online essays please no plagiarism I will know and you will be failed right out of my FL). If you do become my friend there will be home work Mondays Wednesday and Friday and I am not your mom I won't stand over you till you do it but it will be impossible to pass the end of month exams if you are too lazy to finish the assignments. Are you taking notes yet. If the answer is not yet please don't even apply. Oh and no judgmental people or drama queens please.
  • livbridgex
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Gabrielm80 wrote: »
    Before anyone friend invites me please video tape yourself as if we were having a dance off and send me a link. If I deem you the victor you than must take a practice Harvard SAT test and a Vogue quiz titled does he even love you. Please provide an original short essay on the fall of modern industrial revolution(I have read all the online essays please no plagiarism I will know and you will be failed right out of my FL). If you do become my friend there will be home work Mondays Wednesday and Friday and I am not your mom I won't stand over you till you do it but it will be impossible to pass the end of month exams if you are too lazy to finish the assignments. Are you taking notes yet. If the answer is not yet please don't even apply. Oh and no judgmental people or drama queens please.

Hahahahaaha!! love it
    rd8tx1efcdw7.jpg

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    livbridgex wrote: »
    livbridgex wrote: »
    Just had to get it off my chest yano, it's cool not everyone wants to be friends on here or want a simple 'hello' message so you're not a troll/creeper but I've seen people's 'about me' that are FILLED with terms and conditions on being friends like wat

I feel like there just aren't enough hugs in your life.

You'll find friends; apparently non-selective ones...
    haha maybe there aren't!! Yeah I will, I'm pretty new I just don't get the terms and conditions thing, I've got some people on here who are nice and don't expect me to jump through hoops for a friend request :) I thought it was all about supporting one another and being friendly not a popularity contest!

I have a "terms and conditions" on my profile (although nothing like the exaggerated examples you gave) precisely because I don't want a ton of friends. I want to interact with my friends list, and actually see what they are up to. If I have too many, I can't do that.
  • jlima845
    jlima845 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Do I have an outdated app or something?? I don't see an about me section. All I can do is type my city and add a pic. And I don't see anyone's "about me" either
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    Eh. People normally have prerequisites for just about anything in life. Some may baffle you, but the reality is, they aren't you nor may have your perspective. So you look and if you don't like, don't add. No biggie.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,225 Member
    Options
    jlima845 wrote: »
    Do I have an outdated app or something?? I don't see an about me section. All I can do is type my city and add a pic. And I don't see anyone's "about me" either
    Yeah that's not visible on the app but when you access mfp from a web browser you can see the about me.
  • MissMary75044
    MissMary75044 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    bu8yl8byk5d3.jpg
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    No one wants to be my friend :'(
  • jlima845
    jlima845 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    PewterSky wrote: »
    Yeah that's not visible on the app but when you access mfp from a web browser you can see the about me.

Thank you. I did not know this haha
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,225 Member
    Options
    PewterSky wrote: »

Thank you. I did not know this haha

I wouldn't have known either had I not started using mfp before the app. You should see it sometime, there's plenty of things that are missing from the app.