To the people who have a "terms and conditions" in their 'about me' for people adding them..

Options

Replies

• greco16
    greco16 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    b65.jpg
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    livbridgex wrote: »
    Just had to get it off my chest yano, it's cool not everyone wants to be friends on here or want a simple 'hello' message so you're not a troll/creeper but I've seen people's 'about me' that are FILLED with terms and conditions on being friends like wat

I feel like there just aren't enough hugs in your life.

You'll find friends; apparently non-selective ones...
    haha maybe there aren't!! Yeah I will, I'm pretty new I just don't get the terms and conditions thing, I've got some people on here who are nice and don't expect me to jump through hoops for a friend request :)I thought it was all about supporting one another and being friendly not a popularity contest!

I thought it was a website to keep track of your food and exercise.
  • livbridgex
    livbridgex Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    greco16 wrote: »
    b65.jpg

hahaha I should of known, opened a can of worms here haven't I!
  • livbridgex
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Just had to get it off my chest yano, it's cool not everyone wants to be friends on here or want a simple 'hello' message so you're not a troll/creeper but I've seen people's 'about me' that are FILLED with terms and conditions on being friends like wat

haha maybe there aren't!! Yeah I will, I'm pretty new I just don't get the terms and conditions thing, I've got some people on here who are nice and don't expect me to jump through hoops for a friend request :)I thought it was all about supporting one another and being friendly not a popularity contest!

Obviously..
  • gsbaf08
    gsbaf08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, so true. I always roll my eyes whenever I see a long list of t&c!
  • Alluminati
    Options

Obviously..

Then why are u mad, bruh?
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options

Wrong. It's a dating website.
  • Alluminati
    Options

MyF***Pal
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

MyF***Pal

bahahha
  • PudgyToPrincess
    PudgyToPrincess Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I don't mind the "Please add a friendly message" ones, but I've definitely seen some crazy ones that require you to darn near go through an application process just to be friends with them. Sorry, I'm not sending you my resume just so I can see how well you count calories.

I've also seen some that basically say "I won't accept any friend requests" in this long, drawn-out explanation as to why you're not special enough to be added. A simple "I'm not accepting friends right now. :) " would say it a lot better and not make you look pretentious.

It's kind of weird how seriously people take their friends on this website. It's also weird how offended some people get over some joke threads!

That said, I accept pretty much anyone and only delete if they go inactive for months at a time. We're (mostly) all here for the same reason and I think giving and receiving a ton of support on the journey is wonderful. :smiley:
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    This is just starting to sound like a lot of people complaining that the cool kids won't let them come to the party.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Where's my bingo card.
  • livbridgex
    Options
    gsbaf08 wrote: »
    Oh gosh, so true. I always roll my eyes whenever I see a long list of t&c!
    I don't mind the "Please add a friendly message" ones, but I've definitely seen some crazy ones that require you to darn near go through an application process just to be friends with them. Sorry, I'm not sending you my resume just so I can see how well you count calories.

I've also seen some that basically say "I won't accept any friend requests" in this long, drawn-out explanation as to why you're not special enough to be added. A simple "I'm not accepting friends right now. :) " would say it a lot better and not make you look pretentious.

It's kind of weird how seriously people take their friends on this website. It's also weird how offended some people get over some joke threads!

That said, I accept pretty much anyone and only delete if they go inactive for months at a time. We're (mostly) all here for the same reason and I think giving and receiving a ton of support on the journey is wonderful. :smiley:

Ahh glad I'm not the only one!
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Did a blank friends request the other day and got a message asking why I sent them one and what my fitness goals were, and why our friendship might be a good match. I had to figure out why I did. Ended up They had posted a motivation topic asking for more friends. I almost wanted to reply because you asked me too. Instead I kept the post pleasant. I could get offended but frankly I'm a man online she doesn't know me. I could be a crazy creepy guy. I hope my daughters when they go online are somewhat suspicious of men online. I can't blame someone for doing any less than I expect of my daughters.
  • livbridgex
    Options

Obviously..

Then why are u mad, bruh?

15yz706s8rs3.gif
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I guess what bugged me was I'd get a request from someone and have no idea how they found me... then I add them and they literally never say anything to me (or put anything on mfp, period) not even if I write on their wall and say hi. This has happened more often than not. So I had the message thing in my profile for awhile. But it's not that serious for me and I still add people here and there.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    if I don't know who the hell you are, it's creepy to get a request from a complete stranger without knowing
    where they found me. Also I like to know why I sparked someone's interest, because if they expect me to
    sexy-talk with them, send nudes, or be their nanny/cheerleader, I know better than to accept.
    Yes, this, all of it.
    I'd like to have some idea of why a person is interested in being more in contact.
    Are we living in the same general area? Are we close in goals? Did something I write help you?

When I first joined, I got a couple creepy messages from some guy (I think it was a guy) who was very interested in
    how tall I was, went on & on about "oh, lady, you are so very tall". (I'm only 5'10", fer goshsakes!) I blocked him.
  • theanxiousfox
    theanxiousfox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's a real thing people do? Ha oh jeez, if you don't want to be friends with people just don't accept them and move on. Typing "rules" in your profile like that sounds so exhausting. I can't imagine putting so much mental energy into a thing like a friends list. And if creepos try to add/message you, ignore and move on.
  • livbridgex
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    if I don't know who the hell you are, it's creepy to get a request from a complete stranger without
    knowing where they found me. Also I like to know why I sparked someone's interest, because if they expect me to
    sexy-talk with them, send nudes, or be their nanny/cheerleader, I know better than to accept.
    Yes, this, all of it.
    I'd like to have some idea of why a person is interested in being more in contact.
    Are we living in the same general area? Are we close in goals? Did something I write help you?

When I first joined, I got a couple creepy messages from some guy (I think it was a guy) who was very interested in
    how tall I was, went on & on about "oh, lady, you are so very tall". (I'm only 5'10", fer goshsakes!) I blocked him.

Eww not about creepers!!
    yeah genuine questions are fine, I'm talking about the people who advertise having an application process on their page just so you can add them! It's not just asking for a simple 'hi' which is fine, it's like a tonne of stuff you have to do!! I read one that had 10 'conditions' and at the end it was really mean like "if I DO accept you and you waste my time/don't write in your food diary daily, then you've wasted a potential spot for someone else." I was like whhuuut this guy famous or some *kitten*??
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    if I don't know who the hell you are, it's creepy to get a request from a complete stranger without knowing
    where they found me. Also I like to know why I sparked someone's interest, because if they expect me to
    Yes, this, all of it.

The how tall are you guy is legendary. Your not the first person I heard about him. The other day I even made a meme for him
    f140s4cjj7cr.jpg