Postnatal-May 2011

Options

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Amanda, I have to agree with the other women that he is going through a growth spurt.. they can be really frustrating, but it will be over before you know it.

Sheri, I feel ya, I was so busy on Friday that I completely forgot to pump until late afternoon! Not good!

In other news, I am dropping weight like crazy since I've started running. I'm getting weightloss compliments which has NEVER happened in all the times I've tried to lose weight. I'm actually 26 pounds lighter than where I was pre-pregnancy... but my clothes are not budging. This lower belly fat is being super stubborn & I'm not fitting into my normal clothes the way I want to. I've never actually been able to lose weight before so I guess I should just stop rushing things since I'm not even 2 months PP yet?

Another question.. I randomly had blood clotting for a couple days, like the kind you have right after the birth.. anybody else have that?

The other day I was walking around and pulling medical supplies for deliver and started clotting and bleeding out of nowhere which was odd considering I had stopped pp bleeding weeks ago....it was scary i felt like I was peeing thats how much was coming out....and I agree with you i am not fitting into my pants either its that ugly pooch staring me in the face :(
    CONGRADS on the weight drop!!!! I can't wait to start running again..
  • CherylVannattan
    CherylVannattan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you Megan! I can totally feel what your feeling about trying on Jeans that don't fit...I couldn't go through that and I don't feel comfortable wearing bigger jeans so I bought Strechy pants and a few dresses. I want to wait to buy jeans until I'm a little thinner. Anyways, I'm excited to get to know you and hear more about your ups and downs.

My baby girl Mallory was so cute this morning. She stayed up late last night, until 9pm...so she didn't want to wake up this morning. I had to get her dressed and diaper changed before I dropped her off at the sitter, (yes I'm sadly back to work) and she was laughing, smiling, gooing and gaaaing the whole time, even for the whole car ride. :) It was an awesome way to start my day!!!

Hope you have a great day with your LO!! :)
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Sheri, I'm glad your days have been good....hopefully the hectic-ness makes it go by quickly, but I hope it does settle down for you so you can have some peace to pump....and eat! lol I know your little ones have missed you the past few days. Only 3 more days til the weekend!:laugh:

I am definately looking forward to the weekend. I have to work on getting myself time to exercise with everything else. Just got to get back in the swing of things
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Amanda, I have to agree with the other women that he is going through a growth spurt.. they can be really frustrating, but it will be over before you know it.

Sheri, I feel ya, I was so busy on Friday that I completely forgot to pump until late afternoon! Not good!

In other news, I am dropping weight like crazy since I've started running. I'm getting weightloss compliments which has NEVER happened in all the times I've tried to lose weight. I'm actually 26 pounds lighter than where I was pre-pregnancy... but my clothes are not budging. This lower belly fat is being super stubborn & I'm not fitting into my normal clothes the way I want to. I've never actually been able to lose weight before so I guess I should just stop rushing things since I'm not even 2 months PP yet?

Another question.. I randomly had blood clotting for a couple days, like the kind you have right after the birth.. anybody else have that?

So hard to remember right? I usually remember when my boobs feel like they're gonna burst :blushing: My tummy is all flabby and odd shaped, I feel like I am bigger than I was last year when in reality I am 10 lbs lighter. Has to be the uterus still pushing out and all of the stretched skin trying to find its way back. We are too newly postnatal to have a normal stomach I guess. And I also get strange bleeding when I work out too much.
  • naomi_clarke1987
    Options
    ooohh can i join?! I have a 5month old boy called Isaac, he is so lovely.

I'm trying to lose my baby wit sensibly, i have tried a few 'fad diets' but i literally had no energy. I found myself unable to stay awake during the day and i realised that when you have a baby you need to take things sloowwwww.

This is my attempt at taking things slow! lol, i'd love to make some friends and get some tips of the mummy weight loss trade x
  • CherylVannattan
    Options
    :smile: Hello ladies...so I'm staying under in calories but going over in sodium almost everyday!!! I don't know what to do to keep this down....any suggestions?:smile:
  • CherylVannattan
    Options
    Hi, I'm new at this too!! And my baby girl is 19 weeks tomorrow..so were right at about the same timeline!! :) Can't wait to keep in touch and see eachothers progress! :)
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Ok, so as I'm getting ready to go out (for only the 4th time since she was born, lol) I'm trying to find something to wear. I try on my pre-pregnancy jeans...no go. So I try on the jeans that are a size up from what I was wearing...again, no go. So I go for ANOTHER size up....They fit. REALLY? :sad: I'm only 9 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight so I wasn't prepared for that!! What did I end up wearing??...Maternity jeans! HAHA :laugh: I guess I just wasn't aware how much my body would change with only being a few pounds away. I now have a muffin top that I didn't have before...bummer. Guess it's time to start working out!!!

Went shopping for jeans a couple days ago because I want to be comfortable right now and not squeezed in my other jeans. I got two pairs but returned one because I don't want to stay where I am too long :) I went to Kohls and found a pair of Levis 518s. They are low rise, boot cut and I made of the stretchy stuff. They are quite comfortable and I highly recommend trying them. I too have worn my maternity jeans lately ~ I wore them to church last Saturday night. In past pregnancies I have worn them much past where I am now :blushing:

On an exercise note, I have I walked 7.25 miles since Sunday and so far my ankle is holding up and I am thrilled. Haven't been watching what I eat too closely yet, but that will come in time.

I haven't had any bleeding in about a week so I am hoping I am done with that. I have my six week appointment on Friday.

Wade has been on a great schedule. He has been going down between 9 and 9:30 pm and waking between 2 and 3 am to eat. He goes back down for 2 - 3 hours after that. So pretty much he is getting up only once a night and at most I am up an hour. Hopefully this keeps up!

Hope you are all having a terrific week.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Oh and by the way, I jinxed myself last night when I wrote how well Wade was doing sleeping. I knew as I typed I was making a mistake.

He went down at 8:50 and was up around 12:30 and went right back down after nursing. Was up again at 3:15 and went right back down, but was up again a little after 6pm. So he still did his "normal" routine, but added the midnight feeding.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Oh and by the way, I jinxed myself last night when I wrote how well Wade was doing sleeping. I knew as I typed I was making a mistake.

He went down at 8:50 and was up around 12:30 and went right back down after nursing. Was up again at 3:15 and went right back down, but was up again a little after 6pm. So he still did his "normal" routine, but added the midnight feeding.

I always jinx it
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Anyone else scared about this 3 week growth spurt? Aubrey turns 3 weeks today and I'm already afraid I won't be able to handle it. She is such a mellow baby but I keep hearing these "horror" stories of this growth spurt about to come.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies: Question. How long were your LO's in newborn clothes? Trying to decide how many newborn size outfits I need.

Aubrey was over ten pounds at birth so I didn't use newborn clothes. I'm sure for a normal sized baby you could used them for a month or two.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Anyone else scared about this 3 week growth spurt? Aubrey turns 3 weeks today and I'm already afraid I won't be able to handle it. She is such a mellow baby but I keep hearing these "horror" stories of this growth spurt about to come.

We are having one now at 6 weeks the next is supposed to be 3 months then 6. Cant wait for the end of this one, pump extra because I am glad I stocked up she has been eating more while I'm at work than I can pump
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Annabelle is 5 weeks...so the next one should be coming up soon! That will be the week I have to work 2 days...better pump extra!!

We have been having some great nights!!! She goes to bed around 10, even if she's not asleep she will lay there until 11 or so and put herself to sleep and usually won't wake up until 5 when my hubby gets up for work...WONDERFUL!! Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself...hehehe.

Busy weekend this weekend - dr. appt. tomorrow, running errands, my school's graduation tomorrow night, another graduation saturday afternoon, graduation party saturday night, and then my aunt may be coming to town to see Annabelle. Whew - this will be one tired mommy! Although I've been getting use to going out - gone out twice in one week this week! :laugh:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

FYI - I LOOOVE your daughter's name!! It was one of my favorites, and still on my list for a future child :wink:
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Annabelle is 5 weeks...so the next one should be coming up soon! That will be the week I have to work 2 days...better pump extra!!

We have been having some great nights!!! She goes to bed around 10, even if she's not asleep she will lay there until 11 or so and put herself to sleep and usually won't wake up until 5 when my hubby gets up for work...WONDERFUL!! Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself...hehehe.

Busy weekend this weekend - dr. appt. tomorrow, running errands, my school's graduation tomorrow night, another graduation saturday afternoon, graduation party saturday night, and then my aunt may be coming to town to see Annabelle. Whew - this will be one tired mommy! Although I've been getting use to going out - gone out twice in one week this week! :laugh:

Oh my gosh, 10pm to 5 am! You can say Annabelle is sleeping through the night! Nice work!
  • Rebecca1025
    Rebecca1025 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am here looking for some encouragement and support. I am stilllllll trying to shed this poundage. I have finally came to the point that I am dedicated to this plan. It really helps to have friends here to cheer each other on. I was always overweight as a teenager, but in my early 20's I got fit and lost 66 lbs and kept it off for 3 years. Then I got pregnant and its like starting oer again, although I would do it all over again, because I adore my little guy. Here's some stats: Im 5'8" and 27 yrs old.
    HIghest Weight: 210 in 07/2005
    Lowest Weight: 144 in 07/2006
    Maintained 144 until 10/2009
    Pregnancy 1st weight at 12 weeks was 154
    HIghest Pregnancy weight 200 5/ 2010
    Started Exercising/weiging myself 183 07/2010
    Today im at 172
    Goal back to 144.
    Whew!! Its been a long journey. I guess I am feeling frustrated because last time I lost 66 lbs in 1 year. Now its been a year and its so much slower. I start "dieting" and quit a few days later. I am on day 4 of MFP, how can I keep this going in order to reach my goal??? Thanks everyone.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Rebecca- Welcome

Megan/Bethe- I wish I could get 3 straight hours of sleep, Brooklynn has still been feeding every 2 hours or so and I hope this stops real soon. She screams her head off when we put her in the pack and play so she sleeps in bed with us. Horrible I know but between me hating my baby crying when I can fix it and worry about her waking up her brothers I just dont know what else to do.

Today is what I call an oh shi* day, I woke up 45 minutes late for work and that always starts my day off bad. Hmm the whole reason I woke up is because my little alarm clock wanted to eat. I keep forgetting to turn my alarm clock on at night so I set up an alarm on my phone so I would not have to remember.
  • CherylVannattan
    Options

FYI - I LOOOVE your daughter's name!! It was one of my favorites, and still on my list for a future child :wink:

My LO is 19 weeks, she was in braces for the first 14 weeks of life becuase she was breech in my belly and her legs were in front of her face the entire time, therefore she had double hip dysplasia (dislocatable hips) shes totally healed now. She was also colicy. The point is the first 3 months of her life were hell. I didn't know if I could do it. I doublted my parenting skills and didn't know if I was cut out to be a mommy. But now with all that passed she is an extreamly happy baby. She is so sweet, smiling, goo-ing, laughing, and rolling. Being a mommy is an extreamly hard job, but you can do it!! You went through pregnancy and child birth, your stonger than you know. The rewards are greater than the difficulties. Just breathe and keep your patience!! I know you can do it!!!!! :smile:
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    hey im sneaking in here.. has anyone used castor oil?