• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    miriamtob wrote: »
    The op asked what our secret was, I answered what worked for me, didn't preach. I didn't even choose the lifestyle for weight loss; I had medical reasons, but weight loss was a very welcome side effect.

So same as for us...your calorie deficit makes you lose weight. Not eating a specific diet as Paleo

Not always true. The "style" of diet does play a factor when you consider that Paleo doesnt allow for any sort of "fake" or "artificial" ingredients. I was on a more reg Americanized diet with calorie deficit and only lost a few lbs, then ended up starting to gain more. I finally figured out if I wanted my weight fixed, I needed to fix the inside of my body, their cells, blood, organs, etc Then the weight would take care of itself.

Some people can successfully loose weight with a reg diet, or any diet out there, but that doesnt mean that anyone can. Everyones bodies are diff and what works for some doesnt always work for the next.
    If you were gaining weight, you weren't on a deficit. Pure and simple.

• mynameisoliverqueen
    mynameisoliverqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Cutting added sugar virtually out of my diet and not listening to the "high post count" CLIQUE on the forums here, but following the advice of FULLY QUALIFIED Nutritionists and Dieticians.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    There are no secrets.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Cutting added sugar virtually out of my diet and not listening to the "high post count" CLIQUE on the forums here, but following the advice of FULLY QUALIFIED Nutritionists and Dieticians.

There is a difference between a fully qualified nutritionist=/= fully qualified dietitian. One has more education than the other.
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    kvanae wrote: »
    Tell me what has been successful for you on your weight loss journey!!

This is individual opinion. If something works for someone, good for them. Unless something is known to be blatantly unhealthy(anorexia, bulimia, eating 400 calories a day, etc.) is there a need to challenge it? I think that not eating past a certain time is ridiculous. But if it helps someone stick to their calorie goal, more power to them. It works for them. That's the whole point of the thread, right?

:pB) Oh My...Someone with some common sense!:)

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    kvanae wrote: »
    Tell me what has been successful for you on your weight loss journey!!

This is individual opinion. If something works for someone, good for them. Unless something is known to be blatantly unhealthy(anorexia, bulimia, eating 400 calories a day, etc.) is there a need to challenge it? I think that not eating past a certain time is ridiculous. But if it helps someone stick to their calorie goal, more power to them. It works for them. That's the whole point of the thread, right?

Thank you. I keep looking at the original question, seeing you and your and then scratching my head. It didn't ask for the #1 only secret to weight loss. It asked for each individual's experience.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    consistency in diet, regular exercise, patience, and discipline.

I personally found setting nutritional goals and fitness goals were more beneficial than actual weight loss goals. I started out trying to reverse a lot of bad blood work and trying to get off and avoid some medications (mission accomplished)...so my focus was really on nutrition and eating to improve my health and regular exercise for health...losing 40 Lbs was a nice bi-product of living a more healthful lifestyle.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Well, all you did is express how much you disapprove of the philosophy. That's your opinion and fortunately it bears no weight. This could be a productive conversation, if people were generally interested in my original answer, but it has been made into a boring discussion with a lot bullying and badgering by many of the usual suspects. Typical. Bye.

the bullying train is never late, and that is just a fall back because you don't want to answer questions about paleo.

sorry but disagreeing with your premise about paleo is not "bullying or bashing". I find it ironic that you are complaining about "badgering" when you were attempting to name call people that called you on paleo being a "secret for weight loss"...

When you asked a member a question they provided you a direct answer; however, you were asked several times for a list of foods that you ate when doing Paleo and refused to answer....

I was asked to provide a list, randomly and in a mocking tone. The list of foods one can eat on a Paleo/primal/ancestral/Weston A Price diet like mine is crazy long. It's more about food quality, source, and what one is omitting from their menu. I think feeling better helps with weight loss because you can overcome the fatigue that inhibits activity. So, a deficit is great and a deficit while feeling vibrant is even better!

how do you know it was mocking? You can read into that based on a typed response?

oh, and no one wanted a complete list, just a sample, so feel free to provide it....

Yes, and I've been on the forums enough to know where those types of demands lead: jokes and gifs about cauliflower and further attempts to make the declared paleo person look foolish. It is not helpful. You need to work on your delivery; if your intention is to understand more and not just to make jokes.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Well, all you did is express how much you disapprove of the philosophy. That's your opinion and fortunately it bears no weight. This could be a productive conversation, if people were generally interested in my original answer, but it has been made into a boring discussion with a lot bullying and badgering by many of the usual suspects. Typical. Bye.

the bullying train is never late, and that is just a fall back because you don't want to answer questions about paleo.

sorry but disagreeing with your premise about paleo is not "bullying or bashing". I find it ironic that you are complaining about "badgering" when you were attempting to name call people that called you on paleo being a "secret for weight loss"...

When you asked a member a question they provided you a direct answer; however, you were asked several times for a list of foods that you ate when doing Paleo and refused to answer....

I was asked to provide a list, randomly and in a mocking tone. The list of foods one can eat on a Paleo/primal/ancestral/Weston A Price diet like mine is crazy long. It's more about food quality, source, and what one is omitting from their menu. I think feeling better helps with weight loss because you can overcome the fatigue that inhibits activity. So, a deficit is great and a deficit while feeling vibrant is even better!

how do you know it was mocking? You can read into that based on a typed response?

oh, and no one wanted a complete list, just a sample, so feel free to provide it....

Yes, and I've been on the forums enough to know where those types of demands lead: jokes and gifs about cauliflower and further attempts to make the declared paleo person look foolish. It is not helpful. You need to work on your delivery; if your intention is to understand more and not just to make jokes.

Cauliflower gifs? I didn't even know those were a thing.

Went to google...

giphy.gif

Not disappointed.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

Cauliflower gifs? I didn't even know those were a thing.

Went to google...

giphy.gif

Not disappointed.

Oh man.... I am so dizzy right now... (nice gif)

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    CICO
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

funny, you keep complaining about bashing, but the only one bashing is you with your passive aggressive attempts (which are very weak by the way) at name calling.

so again, where is that temporary list of Paleo foods? I just want to see what paleo specific regional diet you are following...
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options

funny, you keep complaining about bashing, but the only one bashing is you with your passive aggressive attempts (which are very weak by the way) at name calling.

so again, where is that temporary list of Paleo foods? I just want to see what paleo specific regional diet you are following...

Stop. You make it very difficult to be on your side.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    DirrtyH wrote: »

You don't know him. Stick around and you will see that he really does not care too much for who is on his side. What he does care about is facts and science.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

If you want to see non-paleo food items go check out their diary yesterday. Unless this person thinks those things are Paleo????

Paleo can be a way to reach a caloric deficit, the caloric deficit is the "secret" to weight loss. Paleo would be a good answer if the OP asked for options of achieving a caloric deficit... then again almost anything would qualify if you counted calories and stayed under maintenance.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I lost significant weight before I ever counted a calorie by choosing the the Paleo WOE. So you can "lol" away until your food scale breaks.

you mean you restricted a bunch of "bad" foods and replaced them with lower calorie ones?

Paleo had nothing to do with it…

So I am curious what did you Paleo diet consist of? Raw meat, grubs, etc?

Careful he ate only other humans for 6 months at the start.

yeah and then he joined a calorie counting site.

My diary is open and I usually have a pretty good deficit without much planning or effort. Don't assume you know why people joined the site. I joined and am sticking with it because I like the graphs, data, community and blog posts.

Mine is open too...and I have a pretty good deficit without much planning or effort as well....and I eat all the foodz...

Lack of effort/planning is not paleo...it's called knowing your body, your food and what you like. BTW anyone new to Paleo would not agree...it's hard to know what you can and can't eat as the goal posts are always moving....if you can point me in the direction of a definitive paleo food list I would appreciate it. Not joking as I am always up for extra education.

idk, but this is not bullying... she was attacked for honestly asking this question. She even said she was not joking and wanted extra education..
    I was following along hoping for a true answer, but they returned with insults.
  • ndj1979
    Options

I don't care about sides...and I don't care what "side" you are choose to take...

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

You don't know him. Stick around and you will see that he really does not care too much for who is on his side. What he does care about is facts and science.

he cares about as much as i do who likes him and who doesnt LOL

• ndj1979
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »

If you want to see non-paleo food items go check out their diary yesterday. Unless this person thinks those things are Paleo????

Paleo can be a way to reach a caloric deficit, the caloric deficit is the "secret" to weight loss. Paleo would be a good answer if the OP asked for options of achieving a caloric deficit... then again almost anything would qualify if you counted calories and stayed under maintenance.

Like I said, I just want to see some of these Paleolithc foods and what region of the world they are from...as we all know, Paleolithic foods were regionally specific. So Paleo man from northern Europe would not of consumed the same foods as say Paleo man from northern Africa....
This discussion has been closed.