ndj1979 wrote: »
    erickirb wrote: »
    miriamtob wrote: »
    Well, all you did is express how much you disapprove of the philosophy. That's your opinion and fortunately it bears no weight. This could be a productive conversation, if people were generally interested in my original answer, but it has been made into a boring discussion with a lot bullying and badgering by many of the usual suspects. Typical. Bye.

the bullying train is never late, and that is just a fall back because you don't want to answer questions about paleo.

sorry but disagreeing with your premise about paleo is not "bullying or bashing". I find it ironic that you are complaining about "badgering" when you were attempting to name call people that called you on paleo being a "secret for weight loss"...

When you asked a member a question they provided you a direct answer; however, you were asked several times for a list of foods that you ate when doing Paleo and refused to answer....

I was asked to provide a list, randomly and in a mocking tone. The list of foods one can eat on a Paleo/primal/ancestral/Weston A Price diet like mine is crazy long. It's more about food quality, source, and what one is omitting from their menu. I think feeling better helps with weight loss because you can overcome the fatigue that inhibits activity. So, a deficit is great and a deficit while feeling vibrant is even better!

how do you know it was mocking? You can read into that based on a typed response?

oh, and no one wanted a complete list, just a sample, so feel free to provide it....

Yes, and I've been on the forums enough to know where those types of demands lead: jokes and gifs about cauliflower and further attempts to make the declared paleo person look foolish. It is not helpful. You need to work on your delivery; if your intention is to understand more and not just to make jokes.

funny, you keep complaining about bashing, but the only one bashing is you with your passive aggressive attempts (which are very weak by the way) at name calling.

so again, where is that temporary list of Paleo foods? I just want to see what paleo specific regional diet you are following...

If you want to see non-paleo food items go check out their diary yesterday. Unless this person thinks those things are Paleo????

Paleo can be a way to reach a caloric deficit, the caloric deficit is the "secret" to weight loss. Paleo would be a good answer if the OP asked for options of achieving a caloric deficit... then again almost anything would qualify if you counted calories and stayed under maintenance.

Like I said, I just want to see some of these Paleolithc foods and what region of the world they are from...as we all know, Paleolithic foods were regionally specific. So Paleo man from northern Europe would not of consumed the same foods as say Paleo man from northern Africa....

For the number of times you've demanded a food list, you could have easily googled and got the information for yourself. That makes it glaringly obvious to everyone here that you don't really want to know the information, rather you just want to badger someone.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Well, all you did is express how much you disapprove of the philosophy. That's your opinion and fortunately it bears no weight. This could be a productive conversation, if people were generally interested in my original answer, but it has been made into a boring discussion with a lot bullying and badgering by many of the usual suspects. Typical. Bye.

the bullying train is never late, and that is just a fall back because you don't want to answer questions about paleo.

sorry but disagreeing with your premise about paleo is not "bullying or bashing". I find it ironic that you are complaining about "badgering" when you were attempting to name call people that called you on paleo being a "secret for weight loss"...

When you asked a member a question they provided you a direct answer; however, you were asked several times for a list of foods that you ate when doing Paleo and refused to answer....

I was asked to provide a list, randomly and in a mocking tone. The list of foods one can eat on a Paleo/primal/ancestral/Weston A Price diet like mine is crazy long. It's more about food quality, source, and what one is omitting from their menu. I think feeling better helps with weight loss because you can overcome the fatigue that inhibits activity. So, a deficit is great and a deficit while feeling vibrant is even better!

how do you know it was mocking? You can read into that based on a typed response?

oh, and no one wanted a complete list, just a sample, so feel free to provide it....

Yes, and I've been on the forums enough to know where those types of demands lead: jokes and gifs about cauliflower and further attempts to make the declared paleo person look foolish. It is not helpful. You need to work on your delivery; if your intention is to understand more and not just to make jokes.

funny, you keep complaining about bashing, but the only one bashing is you with your passive aggressive attempts (which are very weak by the way) at name calling.

so again, where is that temporary list of Paleo foods? I just want to see what paleo specific regional diet you are following...

If you want to see non-paleo food items go check out their diary yesterday. Unless this person thinks those things are Paleo????

Paleo can be a way to reach a caloric deficit, the caloric deficit is the "secret" to weight loss. Paleo would be a good answer if the OP asked for options of achieving a caloric deficit... then again almost anything would qualify if you counted calories and stayed under maintenance.

Like I said, I just want to see some of these Paleolithc foods and what region of the world they are from...as we all know, Paleolithic foods were regionally specific. So Paleo man from northern Europe would not of consumed the same foods as say Paleo man from northern Africa....

For the number of times you've demanded a food list, you could have easily googled and got the information for yourself. That makes it glaringly obvious to everyone here that you don't really want to know the information, rather you just want to badger someone.

actually, I cannot Google a list because there are about 5000 different versions of Paleo.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I asked as well and instead you accused me of bashing and all sorts of things.

But let's be frank....you are not eating Paleo/primal/ancestral etc.

There are many things below that counter what you have logged...hence our issue with Paleo/restricting foods.
    From the Weston Price Foundation page
    Eat whole, natural foods.
    Eat only foods that will spoil, but eat them before they do.
    Eat naturally-raised meat including fish, seafood, poultry, beef, lamb, game, organ meats and eggs.
    Eat whole, naturally-produced milk products from pasture-fed cows, preferably raw and/or fermented, such as whole yogurt, cultured butter, whole cheeses and fresh and sour cream.
    Use only traditional fats and oils including butter and other animal fats, extra virgin olive oil, expeller expressed sesame and flax oil and the tropical oils—coconut and palm.
    Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, preferably organic, in salads and soups, or lightly steamed.
    Use whole grains and nuts that have been prepared by soaking, sprouting or sour leavening to neutralize phytic acid and other anti-nutrients.
    Include enzyme-enhanced lacto-fermented vegetables, fruits, beverages and condiments in your diet on a regular basis.
    Prepare homemade meat stocks from the bones of chicken, beef, lamb or fish and use liberally in soups and sauces.
    Use herb teas and coffee substitutes in moderation.
    Use filtered water for cooking and drinking.
    Use unrefined Celtic sea salt and a variety of herbs and spices for food interest and appetite stimulation.
    Make your own salad dressing using raw vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and expeller expressed flax oil.
    Use natural sweeteners in moderation, such as raw honey, maple syrup, dehydrated cane sugar juice and green stevia powder.
    Use only unpasteurized wine or beer in strict moderation with meals.
    Cook only in stainless steel, cast iron, glass or good quality enamel.
    Use only natural supplements.
    Get plenty of sleep, exercise and natural light.
    Think positive thoughts and minimize stress.
    Practice forgiveness.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

actually, I cannot Google a list because there are about 5000 different versions of Paleo.

I googled Weston A Price and posted what is on their "rules"...just because I was curious...not sure how this poster can claim to follow it...as their diary indicates they don't.

They try but it's hard...
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Oh lawd, I'd be off that diet the same day I started. Thank God we don't have to really live like that anymore. I'm also glad we don't have to run away from dinosaurs all day. But could you imagine how many calories we would burn from running like mad?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Oh lawd, I'd be off that diet the same day I started. Thank God we don't have to really live like that anymore. I'm also glad we don't have to run away from dinosaurs all day. But could you imagine how many calories we would burn from running like mad?
    Not sure if serious.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    CICO and not listening to woo. Which there is quite a bit of on these forums.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    cottony wrote: »
    Not eating after 7 PM. Less sugar.
    Positive attitude.

what does not eating after 7pm have to do with weight loss?

I wasn't the one who posted it, but I also use this as one of my tools (weight loss and now maintenance). I was a big night-time mindless snacker, and once I decided to lose the weight I knew I had to deal with that issue. I started by moving my eating window to close at 10pm, then 9pm-until I got into the habit of closing my eating window at 7pm. I practice 16:8IF and my eating window is 11am-7pm now. Yes, meal timing/when you eat your calories is irrelevant as long as your staying within your calorie goals, but for me it really helps keep me on track and focused when I don't eat later at night :)
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    DirrtyH wrote: »

Stop. You make it very difficult to be on your side.

You don't know him. Stick around and you will see that he really does not care too much for who is on his side. What he does care about is facts and science.

I've been here for three years and am familiar with his comments. I agree, he's right about the facts and science which is why I want to be on his side, but he has a tendency to cross the line and then be like "What? I'm just being honest" but... he crosses the line.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Not sure if serious.

Lets ask the poster who can read tone on comments.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    well heck yeah I'm serious. We've got it made compared to the caveman days, or whatever you want to call it.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    well heck yeah I'm serious. We've got it made compared to the caveman days, or whatever you want to call it.
    We have it made compared to the caveman days, but we run from the same number of dinosaurs that they did.

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the list Sezxystep. Interesting. Also like the last 2 lines. hummmm
  • MichellePowell222
    MichellePowell222 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Patience, less sugar and carbs, more protein, and dedication. It took me 1 year to lose 30 lbs, and I've kept it off, but it's worth it because I did it "the old fashioned way" with healthy food choices and exercise. No fad diets, and no weight loss pills. It's all about a lifestyle change. Don't get discouraged by those that lose 30 lbs in one month, because most of them will not keep it off, so it's not worth it. Only compare your results to yourself. If you lose 1 lb in a week, and manage to keep it off, yay! Keep at it.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    At first, I ate too much of a deficit. It worked for a while, then backfired. Educating yourself on weight loss, fat loss and not muscle loss, busting my butt in the gym, and I can't say enough about the EM2WL program.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Stop. You make it very difficult to be on your side.

You don't know him. Stick around and you will see that he really does not care too much for who is on his side. What he does care about is facts and science.

I've been here for three years and am familiar with his comments. I agree, he's right about the facts and science which is why I want to be on his side, but he has a tendency to cross the line and then be like "What? I'm just being honest" but... he crosses the line.

I care zero.zero about how you perceive my posting style...

so continue...

• scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    MFP! lol It all boils down to the math. If I want a cookie, I have a cookie, log the cookie and make sure to pay attention to what I'm eating the rest of the day. Sometimes pre-logging helps to see where I'm standing and how much of this or that I can have with dinner.

Also ignoring my husband when he says counting calories is "stupid" and "doesn't work" even though I've lost almost 40lbs. :p
  • SezxyStef
    Options

what is the funniest part of this post is that if this is something being followed it would be bookmarked or something and easily gotten so why not post it if you are gonna harp on others for what for me is a lack of understanding of the whys...
  • ndj1979
    edited May 2015
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I asked as well and instead you accused me of bashing and all sorts of things.

But let's be frank....you are not eating Paleo/primal/ancestral etc.

There are many things below that counter what you have logged...hence our issue with Paleo/restricting foods.
    From the Weston Price Foundation page
    Eat whole, natural foods.
    Eat only foods that will spoil, but eat them before they do.
    Eat naturally-raised meat including fish, seafood, poultry, beef, lamb, game, organ meats and eggs.
    Eat whole, naturally-produced milk products from pasture-fed cows, preferably raw and/or fermented, such as whole yogurt, cultured butter, whole cheeses and fresh and sour cream.
    Use only traditional fats and oils including butter and other animal fats, extra virgin olive oil, expeller expressed sesame and flax oil and the tropical oils—coconut and palm.
    Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, preferably organic, in salads and soups, or lightly steamed.
    Use whole grains and nuts that have been prepared by soaking, sprouting or sour leavening to neutralize phytic acid and other anti-nutrients.
    Include enzyme-enhanced lacto-fermented vegetables, fruits, beverages and condiments in your diet on a regular basis.
    Prepare homemade meat stocks from the bones of chicken, beef, lamb or fish and use liberally in soups and sauces.
    Use herb teas and coffee substitutes in moderation.
    Use filtered water for cooking and drinking.
    Use unrefined Celtic sea salt and a variety of herbs and spices for food interest and appetite stimulation.
    Make your own salad dressing using raw vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and expeller expressed flax oil.
    Use natural sweeteners in moderation, such as raw honey, maple syrup, dehydrated cane sugar juice and green stevia powder.
    Use only unpasteurized wine or beer in strict moderation with meals.
    Cook only in stainless steel, cast iron, glass or good quality enamel.
    Use only natural supplements.
    Get plenty of sleep, exercise and natural light.
    Think positive thoughts and minimize stress.
    Practice forgiveness

interesting, because I am pretty sure that paleolithic man did not have access to teas, oils, maple syrup, sweeteners etc.

This just highlights the lunacy of paleo ...
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    clnrush wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the list Sezxystep. Interesting. Also like the last 2 lines. hummmm

NP I was truly interested esp since this particular Paleo method I had never heard of...

This discussion has been closed.