What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• allyyyson
    allyyyson Posts: 22 Member
    A few months ago, I ran a mile for the first time in my LIFE. I had been very overweight since I was probably 6 or 7, and got tired even walking a mile. It was the best feeling in the world... it may not seem like much, but it was amazing for me.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Today I made brownies for my husband, and while I only ate one, I ended up messing up my calories badly with the leftover chocolate chips. Rather than going crazy because "the day is already blown, so let's eat the whole house and start again tomorrow!" (like I ALWAYS do)... I STOPPED EATING, calculated the damage already done, and found that I can fix it by tomorrow if I do an hour of exercise on top of my regular deficit. Win! :)
  • erinm5
    erinm5 Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2015
    Two Christmas' ago my sister bought me two pairs of shorts from LaSenza, they were size Mediums. I tried them on and they looked awful, they were tight on my hips and tummy and squeezed my thighs...

Last night I was in my drawer looking for something to wear to bed and I pulled out a pair of those shorts. Scared I decided to pull them on expecting the worst. Not only did I get them on but they were too big in the thighs AND I had to use the draw string so that they wouldn't fall off! I have only lost about 10 lbs so far but the scale hasn't budged in a while. This felt great!

Don't always trust the scale.. :)
  • owensy12
    owensy12 Posts: 88 Member
    Being complimented on how I look by people in shops i usually go in, and by people at work. I've lost 17lbs and they all say my face has changed quite a bit. I don't see it myself, but they do.
  • erinm5
    erinm5 Posts: 55 Member
    spacelump wrote: »
    My greatest achievements are the ones that happen inside, first and foremost. Most recent NSV?

I let myself eat everything I wanted for 24 hours. I decided I wanted to enjoy my mini vaca and gave myself permission to do eat. I ate very nutrient dense foods and some, not so much. The victory you ask? Well, after my day of allowing food and not requiring forgiveness for said eaten food, I went for a long walk with a pup and age as usual. For me, sticking to my goals is a huge victory. Not feeling guilt for my off track day is utterly freeing.

I could get use to this objective vs emotional view on food, eating and tracking.

This is such a powerful NSV. Good for you! I have a tough time guilt tripping myself if I go over, it can be so emotional. Keep it up, and thank you for the inspiration!

• jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Fit into clothes pre-pregnancy, been four years since I fit into them. Can walk up the stairs without panting.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Size 10 sports bra!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbleepingbelievable
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    the last two weeks doing laundry my favorite pair of jeans ended up in my 14 yr old son's jean pile by mistake. Had to go hunting for them.
    I am only down 23 lbs but haven't been this weight for probably 3-4 years.
    Am needing to weed out my clothes to spring and summer things that will fit and get rid of all winter because I know I won't be a Large or XL next winter keeping up with my new routine. Most of the clothes I really don't like anyway. I tried on some capri's I bought a year and a half ago for a trip to AZ, and they are all too big, and gave them to my daughter to try and they were too big for her too. I want to slowly the next week or two go through all the clothes and get rid of stuff. I don't ever want to be that size again.
    I hadn't been eating fried foods for months, had a corndog this weekend and it was weird eating something greasy, there was unfortunately nothing healthy to pick from. Things that used to taste good, don't taste as good as you remember.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Running a mile in 13 minutes and 9 seconds....better than I did before at 14 minutes and 47 seconds.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    I wore a pair of pants today that were falling off me. I had to belt them but they were loose everywhere. At work I suddenly realized I hadn't worn these since I started losing weight. Last time I wore them I had regulated them to the "hooker" pile - clothes so tight they made me look like a hooker. I was totally psyched.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Running a mile in 13 minutes and 9 seconds....better than I did before at 14 minutes and 47 seconds.

That is great! Congratulations!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    I mentioned to a friend that I was going to have an old dress tailored for a wedding mid June. She asked what size it was and I said "20, but I think I'm about an 18 now". She gave ma a look and said " no, you're a 16"

Whateves lady.

Fast forward and I'm looking at a dress online. Only ones left are size 16. I figure I might me 16 by mid June, let me measure and find out how off I am.

I'm half an inch *smaller* than 16. Now I'm wondering if I'll even fit this dress by mid June!
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Did my first half marathon! It was slow as all get out, and I did the whole thing in walk-jog intervals, but I did it and had a blast! (And only suffered one blister!)
  • Emartz2
    Emartz2 Posts: 108 Member
    allyyyson wrote: »
    A few months ago, I ran a mile for the first time in my LIFE. I had been very overweight since I was probably 6 or 7, and got tired even walking a mile. It was the best feeling in the world... it may not seem like much, but it was amazing for me.

Good for you!!! I have a runner's heart in a non-running body...but I'm working on it!
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    I started with size 12 and 14 pants. My "new" pants are all size 8. And definitely today....they feel like they are sitting too low. Despite me chaperoning a camp last week where the ladies put the main two stachy items on my plate and I only got to pick veggies and dessert. Glad I got the pants from a thrift shop! Looks like I will need to go back in a couple of weeks for smaller.
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    livityliv wrote: »
    Did my first half marathon! It was slow as all get out, and I did the whole thing in walk-jog intervals, but I did it and had a blast! (And only suffered one blister!)

Well done! You must feel on top of the world right now!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    I came back from holiday in Japan and ended up losing 2 kg and 5% body fat. Normally when I get back from a holiday, I have gained 5 kg or more!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    And just to make me feel even better, the nice lady was so pleased with her designer bargains she gave £200 to the Nepal Earthquake appeal :smiley:
    THIS! Well done!

• SallyRamona
    SallyRamona Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2015
    MKEgal wrote: »
    toriraeh wrote:
    My current NSV is that, according to BMI, I'm OVERWEIGHT! Not obese anymore!
    I love that I can come on here and say that and you guys GET IT.
    LOL! Yeah, only people who have 'been there' understand why it's so great to only be overweight.

ALSO my husband made the comment that I can stop losing whenever I want because he thinks
    I look incredibly healthy. It's bogus, I still have about 30 lbs to lose, but so sweet of him to say.
    I've had a couple people tell me I should stop losing now (have about 20 lb to be at the top end of
    a healthy BMI), one of whom was a doctor! I think our perception of normal/average has been so
    skewed by the obesity epidemic that we can't recognize healthy any more.

That is so interesting! I think you are right that we are skewed on what healthy actually looks like between the obesity epidemic on one side on glossy mags on the other. My goal is to get down to the athletic range, not just in the normal range so I am sure I will start to get those comments too. Maybe the people who say those things are also a bit upset by those of us who show them what is possible that they themselves are not doing?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!