May 2 – 3.78
    May 4 – 4.07
    May 5 – 3.09
    May 6 – 3.24
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    teacton11 wrote: »
    *Edit - calendars are apparently for smart people and not me (skipped over the 5th in recording)

I do that all the time!
  • teacton11
    teacton11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    teacton11 wrote: »
    *Edit - calendars are apparently for smart people and not me (skipped over the 5th in recording)

I do that all the time!

Sad part is that it took me a few minutes of staring at it to figure out what I did wrong.....and it's only the 7th. Maybe I need more sleep.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    1 - 6.2mi, trail
    2 - 8.4mi, 5k, kids run, treadmill challenge
    3 - 13.1mi, Pittsburgh half marathon
    4 - 7mi, easy
    5 - 5.5mi, 5k race
    6 - Rest
    7 - 8mi, easy w/strides

8x20sec strides @ 5:50, 6:04, 5:51, 6:12, 5:59, 6:06, 5:52, 5:19. About 85 degrees on the pavement and I'm hoping to acclimate by the end of May.

Total: 48.2mi

May goal: 120 (through 17th)

• Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    8.16 miles for me today....wohoo!!!
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    @training2befast sorry to hear that Pittsburgh didn't go well. There should be a few good late season flat races that could serve as BQs (vs. your target race) you can run in September (Via marathon - Allentown, PA, Erie-PA Marathon). Good luck with making a full recovery!

Finally laced back up the shoes for a slow 6 mile run with some friends today, as 3 days of post race non-running recovery before a light easy run was about all I could handle. Probably went about 2 miles further than I should have, but took it about 3 min/mile slower than my marathon pace. I'll take another rest day tomorrow and focus more on the swimming/biking until my next run on Sunday.

5/2 - 2 miles
    5/3 - 26.2 miles (3:44 total time, 8:33 pace)
    5/7 - 6 miles

Total: 34 miles
    Goal: 100 miles
    Remaining: 66 miles
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    DATE ... MILES
    5/1 ... 4
    5/2 ... 6
    5/3 ... 10
    5/4 ... 3.5
    5/7 ... 5.5

29/150 Goal

I actually got in my car and drove to run with people this morning! Most of my running is from my front door and by myself with the exception being my Tuesday morning group (still from my front door as we meet 2 blocks away from my house ;) ). It was fun today. I think I may make it my new Thrusday run - 5.5 miles with lots of hills.

@Training2BeFast - I am very sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully you heal quickly and can find another flat, fast marathon to do for your BQ.
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

May 6 - 5k
    May 7 - 6k
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    May 1- 3.5 ™ …thats tread mill
    May 2- 0 …
    May 3- 6 ™
    May 4- 5 Newport Cliff run!
    May 5- 3.2 & pump
    May 6- 4.5 neighborhood run
    May 7- 3.2 & Pump

One week in and I am tracking, but this week was tough for me & I am sore. I think I need one long run a week to bang out some of these miles and perhaps get two rest days instead of one. I should easily be able to do 6,6,5,4,4…. or 8,6,5,3,3. We shall see. Enjoy the beautiful weather runners & best wishes on your races.

exercise.png
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    46km completed to yesterday on objective of 160km but hoping to put in more distance than that with stretch goal of 200km.

exercise.png
  • myfitnessloselbs
    myfitnessloselbs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Got another 5.5 miles in today - total - 48 as of 05/07
  • Wendy1Fl
    Wendy1Fl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am meeting a potential new running partner tonight. He is a super cute 1 year old shephard/lab mix named Forrest Gump (LOL, I pledge to start each run declaring 'Run, Forrest!' if it works out). He is being re-homed due to a move. He has gone through all obedience classes up to advanced, and has earned his Canine Good Citizenship Certificate. I can't find a human running partner (I stopped short at putting an ad on Craigslist - not THAT desperate yet). I've asked everyone I know. Since I far prefer trail runs to city running, I just don't feel safe doing that with my little pug/jack russell mix. She is scared of our hamster! She is too small to be any kind of deterrent if we are scoped as prey. Besides, I have built her endurance up to 6 miles, but she seems to be tapping out at that distance and I don't feel right pushing her any further. Pepper spray only goes so far. If a predator is high on Meth, crack, or Bath Salts it won't stop him. A large dog, however, can disable him so that he can't attack. I may sound neurotic here, but my sister was assaulted running alone 3 years ago. This is what law enforcement told us after the attack. I never feel safe running without a partner since that happened. Fingers crossed Forrest is everything his Mommy has promised me...

5/6 6 miles Pace: 10:00
    5/5 5 miles Pace: S-L-O-W 12:12
    5/3 8.21 Miles; Bloomsday race 7.62 miles Pace 9:23
    Total: 19.21; 96.99 to go

exercise.png
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    05/01: 3.75mi, Easy PM Run
    05/01: 3.23mi, Interval training my wife, active recovery for me
    05/02: 1.65mi, Race warmup
    05/02: 4.30mi, 7km Road/Path Hybrid Race; OA: 12/106, AG: 4/8. Cobblestones claimed my ankle about 1.5mi in.
    05/02: Frustrated and did not record cool down, so fuhgettaboutit..
    05/02: 13.98mi ** Cycling
    05/03: 4.62mi, Interval training my wife, active recovery for me
    05/03: 3.76mi, Slight progression to test ankle
    05/03: 1.20mi, Cool down
    ==> Total weekly miles: 50.3*
    05/04: 5.25mi, Easy lunch run
    05/04: 4.19mi, Interval training my wife, active recovery for me
    05/05: 5.00mi, 5k tune up, 800m x 400m progression repeats + easy
    05/05: 4.53mi, Interval training my wife, active recovery for me
    05/06: 4.00mi, Lunch run helping a coworker dial in pace for his first race, tempo intervals for me
    05/06: 21.71mi ** Cycling
    05/07: 4.00mi, Easy lunch run and pacing two coworkers

Current total...49.47
    Remaining.....150.53
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    6- 3.25mi, Easy start run
    7- 3mi, slower run with a friend who's getting back into it, 5* conversation

Current total-6.25;43.75 left to complete.

exercise.png
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    01/5 - Recovery
    02/5 - 15.1 miles Trail
    03/5 - 8.1 miles Trail
    04/5 - Recovery
    05/5 - 10.6 miles Trail
    06/5 - 12.1 Miles Trail (split into 2 runs)
    07/5 - 10.3 Road

Only scheduled road run of the week and easy paced 10

exercise.png

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Wendy1Fl wrote: »
    I am meeting a potential new running partner tonight. He is a super cute 1 year old shephard/lab mix named Forrest Gump (LOL, I pledge to start each run declaring 'Run, Forrest!' if it works out). He is being re-homed due to a move. He has gone through all obedience classes up to advanced, and has earned his Canine Good Citizenship Certificate. I can't find a human running partner (I stopped short at putting an ad on Craigslist - not THAT desperate yet). I've asked everyone I know. Since I far prefer trail runs to city running, I just don't feel safe doing that with my little pug/jack russell mix. She is scared of our hamster! She is too small to be any kind of deterrent if we are scoped as prey. Besides, I have built her endurance up to 6 miles, but she seems to be tapping out at that distance and I don't feel right pushing her any further. Pepper spray only goes so far. If a predator is high on Meth, crack, or Bath Salts it won't stop him. A large dog, however, can disable him so that he can't attack. I may sound neurotic here, but my sister was assaulted running alone 3 years ago. This is what law enforcement told us after the attack. I never feel safe running without a partner since that happened. Fingers crossed Forrest is everything his Mommy has promised me...

5/6 6 miles Pace: 10:00
    5/5 5 miles Pace: S-L-O-W 12:12
    5/3 8.21 Miles; Bloomsday race 7.62 miles Pace 9:23
    Total: 19.21; 96.99 to go

exercise.png

Good luck with Forrest Gump! I hope it works out! And if it does.... pictures please!! :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Wendy1Fl wrote: »

Sounds awesome!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    9 miles so far this month. Added 2.5 miles this morning.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @Wendy1Fl : I hope you had a great run with Forrest!

Windy couple of days here - I don't mind the rain so much, but I'm too scared of getting hit by branches or trees to venture out into the storm. At least there was a quiet half hour yesterday, so I got a short run in. But a longer run is more than overdue... Hopefully the weather will be nicer tomorrow!

2.5.15 - 4.1km
    4.5.15 - 3.9km
    6.5.15 - 4.2km
    ___
    12.2km (of 100km) done

exercise.png

• FitnessMeagan1105
    FitnessMeagan1105 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would like to do 50 miles in May!
    05/01/15 - 2.27 Miles
    05/02/15 - None