• wasiemer
    wasiemer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • beanerschnitzel
    beanerschnitzel Posts: 75 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Beginner here. In for 40. 7 as of today.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Ohhim wrote: »
    Very happy with my race today, starting with the 3:45 pace group, but moving up a bit as my heart rate was cooperating. My fueling strategy (involving pancakes from pamelas for lunch yesterday, and 10 gels on course), worked out pretty well, as I didn't bonk at 20 like I've done on prior races. Finished in 3:44:16, maintaining a consistent 8:30-8:35 pace for much of the race. Given the impending summer heat, I'll hold off until January (Disney) for my next full marathon. Didn't run into @Training2BeFast or @SonicDeathMonkey80 at the start this morning as they were likely in the A/elite corral given their half paces, but hope their races went well.

Congrats on a great race!! What a great time!
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    01/5 - Recovery
    02/5 - 15.1 miles Trail
    03/5 - 8.1 miles Trail

Freezing rain and ankle deep mud made an interesting run. Only just managed not to lose a shoe to the mud monster

exercise.png

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Doing lots of cross training, so will go for 85 miles this month.

5/2: Wisconsin Half Marathon

exercise.png
  • CLEgirl
    CLEgirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Slowly progressing towards my 110 mile goal
    May 1: 3.2 miles
    May 2: 8.5 miles
    May 3: 8.0 miles

Total: 19.7 miles
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Very happy with my race today, starting with the 3:45 pace group, but moving up a bit as my heart rate was cooperating. My fueling strategy (involving pancakes from pamelas for lunch yesterday, and 10 gels on course), worked out pretty well...

Congratulations! What a great time! Like the pancakes idea, bc I love pancakes. :smile:
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    @Ohhim nicely done...congratulations :)

I ran/walked a total of 5.23 this morning, but only ran about half of that, so counting it here as 2.5 for the day. Brings my total to 5.5 for the month.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the new people joining the group! Welcome everyone!!

@Ohhim - Congrats on the marathon! Is that a new PR? I am so impressed that you are able to keep at a nice even pace the entire race! I have only been able to do that once.

Hope everyone else racing this weekend had an awesome time! Including @Training2BeFast, @SonicDeathMonkey80 , @SBRRepeat (if you ended up racing) and anyone else I missed!

I didn't expect to get to run at all this weekend but it worked out that I could get in a quick 4 miles before I needed to get going with everything. It was cool and overcast and absolutely fantastic for running! So glad I headed out instead of just relaxing with my coffee made me wish I could keep going. The pup was happy to get out too :)

Date.......Miles......Total
    05/01.....9.20.......9.20
    05/02.....0.00.......9.20 - Rest
    05/03.....4.33.....13.53

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Finished in 3:44:16, maintaining a consistent 8:30-8:35 pace for much of the race. Given the impending summer heat, I'll hold off until January (Disney) for my next full marathon. Didn't run into Training2BeFast or SonicDeathMonkey80 at the start this morning as they were likely in the A/elite corral given their half paces, but hope their races went well.

Fantastic job!

@shanaber great new picture
    @yossale3 I very seldom start a run or race where I feel great. My first miles sucks whether I run 3 miles or 13, I've just learned to keep moving until I get in my zone and go on. I ran an 8K yesterday I didn't even go 1/4 mile and I was sure I'd have to stop. By 1.5 miles I was moving along and feeling good.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    DATE...............MILES............TOTAL
    5/1/15................6.25.................6.25
    5/2/15................6.50...............12.75
    5/3/15................6.00...............18.75

exercise.png
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    @shanaber PR'd over my January marathon by 8 minutes (and last year's Pittsburgh marathon by 63 minutes). Still, been losing weight gradually for the past 3 years (about 30lb/year - not visible as they've disabled weight tickers), so that seems to have as big of an impact on my race times as training. Optimal weight for running is another 30lb away, so hoping I'll be close to a BQ by the time I get there (as the 1.5 min/lb seems to be holding true).

Stuck close to the 3:45 pacer group for much of the race (could hear them 40 seconds behind me doing their 3-4-5 cheer), so it helped with the pace, but was checking my watch and pace temporary tattoo pretty often. Still, ran the legendary climbing mile (150 feet of vertical in 3/4 of a mile) about 25 seconds slower than average, but otherwise all other full miles were within 15 seconds of my average.

@ddmom0811 Pamela's is an institution in Pittsburgh, and their thin crepe-like pancakes are legendary here. Ate them for a late lunch yesterday as I knew they'd take a day or so to digest.

kf4k5zil7qah.jpg
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice/ well wishes, all.
    I didn't get to run my race today. Doing worse than I was yesterday.

Still upset, obviously, but there's nothing I can do about it now. Hopefully I'll find another race for this month.
    What's the rule, though, am I allowed to wear the tshirt?

And @Ohhim and everyone else who raced this weekend- congrats!!
  • Wendy1Fl
    Wendy1Fl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom that is so great you get to race with your beautiful daughter! What an awesome legacy you have given her.
    @Ohhim congratulations on your amazing time!!!

Today was my first organized race since track in High School. I did Bloomsday in 1hr, 11 min (7.46 miles). I'm pretty happy since my goal was at least 1:12 so I could qualify to start in front of the walkers next year. I stopped to help a woman who rolled her ankle about a mile into the race. I was pretty astonished that everyone just kept passing her by as she was sitting there crying. As I was about to run back to the medics we had passed, her family came so I was able to continue knowing she had help. Then I started crying because I was certain I had lost my chance at my goal time. It took a little bit for me to quit being such a baby! I finally pulled out of it by making a game out of what had gotten her hurt - jumping up on curbs & grassy sidelines to pass as many people as possible. So I'm real interested to see what distance my Garmin tells me I actually did with all that bobbing & weaving. Let me tell you, I was never so grateful for all the trail/grassy running I have done! My ankles felt strong & solid. Me feet weren't wobbly. I felt agile, like a Billy Goat! Then, for some crazy reason, I bawled like a baby after I crossed the finish line. I wasn't hurt. A huge wave of gratitude washed over me & I burst into tears...what gives?!?!

5/3 7.46 9:30 pace
    108.74 to go
    exercise.png[img][/img]
  • missmelis98
    missmelis98 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Date-miles-totals-miles remaining
    5/1- 1.5- 1.5- 48.5
    5/3- 3.5- 5- 45
    Still walking and running. Hoping by end of month its all running or close to it.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Date-miles-totals-miles remaining
    5/1- 1.5- 1.5- 48.5
    5/3- 3.5- 5- 45
    Still walking and running. Hoping by end of month its all running or close to it.
    Do you do run any of the trails at Moraine or McConnell's Mill?

• VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Jumping in late, last month I had a goal of 35 miles and things got crazy busy, and I came home for a dog show and lost all motivation. I made it 8miles/35. I'm gunna go for 25 as I feel like thats attainable.

05/01- 2miles
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    May goal 65 miles
    5/1 3.32
    5/2 3.34
    5/3 3.18

Total 9.84
    (Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png

• Pandora_and_her_box
    Pandora_and_her_box Posts: 240 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I failed 80 in April but feeling optimistic - 100 for May :)
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Pandora_and_her_box Posts: 240 Member
    Options

exercise.png