JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 80 miles in May.

exercise.png
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wendy1Fl wrote: »
    @briebee7 I just want to say you marathon runners are truly an inspiration and I love reading about your experiences! I'm sorry to hear about that calf. I don't run many miles & struggle with calf tightness often. I did finally try that Yoga video for tight shins/calves in the group page & found a lot of relief with it. Have you tried it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc3haRNn-5I Also, my hardcore runner Chiropractor is recommending I do an ice bath once a week. These are miracle workers!

Thanks for this. I think I missed it before. I will definitely try it tomorrow.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    May goal 65 miles
    5/1 3.32
    5/2 3.34

Total 6.66
    (Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png

• briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @SBRRepeat - oh no!

@skippygirlsmom - awesome job for you both! Congrats.

5/1 - 4 miles
    5/2 - 6 miles

10/150 goal

I did a bunch of stretches and that torturous stick thingy on my calf last night which helped. I will definitely be trying that foam roller video as well tomorrow.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - awesome race for both of you! Glad the docs took care of the Skippygirl until you got there and that she is ok!

@SBRRepeat - I know I am kind of late in the day with advice but just throwing out there that your body is going to be tired from fighting whatever you have besides likely being dehydrated, or at least not hydrated well enough, and you cannot run well like that. All that said if you still want to try it - I would approach it by running a little and walking a little and walking every single water station and getting some hydration in. That way you 'could' finish it and still get the medal.

Rest day, outlet mall shopping with my SIL today... hoping to get a short run in tomorrow.
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm new to running having just started week 3 of C25K.
    My target is 50 miles but will be a combination of both running and walking - hoping to be more running though.

exercise.png

1st May - 4.1 miles (2.1miles C25K and 2miles extra running)
    2nd May - 3.1 miles (walking)
  • lilcmac22
    lilcmac22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My goal is 45 miles. Have 8.5m on 5/1 and 2.3m on 5/2. I run on trails and currently working on increasing my distance and speed. I'm slow!
  • JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    On the way! You guys are doing wonderfully! KIU

exercise.png

• yossale3
    yossale3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Date.......KM......Total
    01/05.....10.......10
    02/05......5........15- VERY SLOW AND HARD RUN. WANTED TO STOP FROM THE FIRST SRIDE , TELLING MY SELF - " YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STOP AS LONG YOU DIDN'T FINISH AT LEAST 5 KM.

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    5/1: 5.2 miles
    5/2: REST
    5/3: 12 miles (scheduled: 20; left calf was not having it today)

Total: 17.2 miles
    Goal: 155

exercise.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    yossale3 wrote: »
    Date.......KM......Total
    01/05.....10.......10
    02/05......5........15- VERY SLOW AND HARD RUN. WANTED TO STOP FROM THE FIRST SRIDE , TELLING MY SELF - " YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STOP AS LONG YOU DIDN'T FINISH AT LEAST 5 KM.

The first mile is always the worst for me. Some days I just have to remind myself of that. Then all of a sudden I'm loving it. Guess it's just getting into your rhythm or something.

@sbrrepeat - so sorry to read you are sick!
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @SBRRepeat - I'm so sorry. However unlikely, I hope you woke up feeling much better today. I know how weak those illnesses make you.

May 1- 3.5 ™ …thats tread mill
    May 2- 0 …
    May 3- 6 ™

exercise.png
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50 again this month. Made it just short of that last month due to some familial complications. Hoping I have a better run of luck this month.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    5/1- rest day
    5/2 - 5 miles 8K Steeple Chase Race
    5/3 - 3.5 miles

8.5 out of 120 miles completed

my ticker is changing online but not here oh well

exercise.png

• davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    5/3 3.0 miles

exercise.png
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    just joining today. i don't run a lot, but i'm trying to change that. baby steps...

blk-exercise.png

• runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

exercise.png

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Very happy with my race today, starting with the 3:45 pace group, but moving up a bit as my heart rate was cooperating. My fueling strategy (involving pancakes from pamelas for lunch yesterday, and 10 gels on course), worked out pretty well, as I didn't bonk at 20 like I've done on prior races. Finished in 3:44:16, maintaining a consistent 8:30-8:35 pace for much of the race. Given the impending summer heat, I'll hold off until January (Disney) for my next full marathon. Didn't run into @Training2BeFast or @SonicDeathMonkey80 at the start this morning as they were likely in the A/elite corral given their half paces, but hope their races went well.

5/2 - 2 miles
    5/3 - 26.2 miles (3:44:16 total time @ 8:34 pace)

Total: 28.2 miles
    Goal: 100 miles
    Remaining: 81.8

vb58zqrap4c6.jpg
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

5/02/15 - 4.35 miles
    5/03/15 - 9.38 miles