May 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Wendy1Fl
    Wendy1Fl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    @briebee7 I just want to say you marathon runners are truly an inspiration and I love reading about your experiences! I'm sorry to hear about that calf. I don't run many miles & struggle with calf tightness often. I did finally try that Yoga video for tight shins/calves in the group page & found a lot of relief with it. Have you tried it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc3haRNn-5I Also, my hardcore runner Chiropractor is recommending I do an ice bath once a week. These are miracle workers!
  • LinOtt
    LinOtt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My goal is 60km for May. On my last 2 weeks of coach25k. Did 3.5 km this morning after taking 2weeks to recover from a virus.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm in - going for 110 miles.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    May goal 65 miles

5/1 3.32

Total 3.32
    (Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png

• OtisBuck
    OtisBuck Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal for May is 70 running miles and a couple of bike rides. Nothing special planned for May.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Date.......Miles......Total
    05/01.....9.20.......9.20

exercise.png

Busy busy weekend with little to no time for running. Got in a 'longish' run today in the heat and only the last mile+ was really miserable. Good news is by Monday it should be cooler! I hope so! Definitely wishing for some spring weather here!!
  • yossale3
    yossale3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Date.......KM......Total
    01/05.....10.......10
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm new to running having just started week 3 of C25K.
    My target is 50 miles but will be a combination of both running and walking - hoping to be more running though.

exercise.png

1st May - 4.1 miles (2.1miles C25K and 2miles extra running)
  • 31flavors
    31flavors Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join the challenge! I'm planning around 60miles for May, with a 10k on Memorial Day. I've got 3.6 miles in for May 1.
  • Martika160
    Martika160 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

exercise.png

on my way!
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    01/5 - Recovery
    02/5 - 15.1 miles Trail

Lovely early morning run on the trails it seems all the runners that hibernate in the winter are emerging

exercise.png
  • flrunner
    flrunner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5/1: got 3 in yesterday
    exercise.png
  • Xrix512
    Xrix512 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok - this sounds like a fun way to keep track, I'll go for 60k in May. Seems low but I'm just getting started running and I will be out sailing for the last week of the month. So hard to keep up my workouts when I am on the water.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Date.......Miles......Total
    05/02.....2.14.......2.14>>>>>>>>>>> miserable run this morning- side cramp- got super itchy. didn't really hit my stride till after a mile and a half- and I knew I was going to only be doing 2-3. :( ran a 15 minute mile- then an 8.20 mile. WTF.

whatever- it's done. Gonna shower and hustle up out the door- I have a very full weekend of dance in front of me!

• Faoworld22
    Faoworld22 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    exercise.png

MAy 1 4miles
    May 2 5 miles
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Wendy1Fl wrote: »
    @briebee7 I just want to say you marathon runners are truly an inspiration and I love reading about your experiences! I'm sorry to hear about that calf. I don't run many miles & struggle with calf tightness often. I did finally try that Yoga video for tight shins/calves in the group page & found a lot of relief with it. Have you tried it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc3haRNn-5I Also, my hardcore runner Chiropractor is recommending I do an ice bath once a week. These are miracle workers!

@Wendy1Fl Thanks for sharing! I will try this. My calves get really tight. I don't like doing child's pose because of that.

exercise.png

5/1--3.27 miles
    5/2--8.56 miles
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    May 1- strength training
    May 2- cycling - 34 miles

exercise.png

I'm not starting my running until the 5th.
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    5/2 7.5 miles I never really found my zone today and it was a pretty blah run but I got it done which I guess is what matters.
    exercise.png
  • Karenstem
    Karenstem Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group, and I have gotten lazy in running. Hope this will motivate me!
    exercise.png
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1 down, 22 to go

exercise.png