May 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• polly_polly
    polly_polly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this challenge; thanks for setting it up!
    My goal for May is 60 miles.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    January - 92
    February - 96
    March - 180
    April - 145

Dropping to 100 miles as I'm going to do a proper post-marathon recovery rest period after my marathon on Sunday and spend more time on the bike.
  • allie_oop_07
    allie_oop_07 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 of C25K and will probably be repeating it a few times before moving on and getting to the 20 minute runs with no breaks. I think 45 will be attainable without stressing myself out.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • glyphhen
    glyphhen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Very much a beginner runner, but trying to build up the miles. I can only run about twice a week because I need rest days after my primary exercise, but I'd like to do 20 miles in May.
  • 74Brian74
    74Brian74 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in for 30 miles (50km) - all trails. Doesn't sound like a lot but with a stress fracture in my foot and surgery to fix it in my history, best not to push it until I've dropped another 10-15 lbs.

Love seeing the ambition of others. Hope there's a half marathon again in my future!!

:-)
  • beaniegirl50
    beaniegirl50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    new to the group, looking forward to posting and reaching my goal. I think 45 miles is doable for May. Have a couple of 10ks and weekly parkruns to help :)
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    mmabry72 wrote: »
    Upping the anti to 70 for this month!
    Same here! Up for 70!

• Glossberg
    Glossberg Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    New to the community and to running. Just started running in February and training for my first ever 5K which is the end of June.

Please count me in for 75 miles for May.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    OK all, if you have not signed up for the group page, I encourage you to do so. Please join here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/21182-monthly-running-challenges

I just started a new thread under announcements that I would like everyone to participate in. It is called, Where Are You From? And the short cut is here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10151108/where-are-you-from

What it says, "I want to see how many from the group live near each other? Meeting fellow runners makes it more fun and encourages you to stick with it. It also gives you accountability just like this virtual group aims to do. Maybe a few of you guys that kind of live near each other could agree to sign up for the same race and meet up before or afterwards. Or maybe if you live really close, you may have just found yourself a good running partner."

So put down where you are from. Check back in a few days and reread what everyone wrote. Find some new friends that live nearby. Be an encouragement to each other.

Also, check out the amazing stories that people wrote in "Introduce Yourself". If you haven't checked it out lately, go back and re-read it. Here is the shortcut:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1269030/introduce-yourself

Also a lot of goo! d reference material that I have been adding. If you have a question about running or nutritian, look here first. Or if you have a good article you think everyone would enjoy, add it to the list. Look for it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1269023/running-related-sites-and-references
    Stan

Lots of great stuff here Stan! I was going to post a question about where people were from after the NJ folks exchange - great minds think a like apparently :smile:
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Aiming for at least 160km in May.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd join in this month. I'm training for a 50m in July and had a few injury setbacks (stress fracture and bursitis) just getting back into my stride and need to hit 270miles in May to stay on track
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    DATE...............MILES............TOTAL
    5/1/15................6.25.................6.25

exercise.png
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    I thought I'd join in this month. I'm training for a 50m in July and had a few injury setbacks (stress fracture and bursitis) just getting back into my stride and need to hit 270miles in May to stay on track
    I'm back this month too... 270??? You're a beast, Duncan!

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    I'm back this month too... 270??? You're a beast, Duncan!
    ... or stupid? I've not decided which yet going to attempt to keep 90% on the trails as well
  • cathyjones08
    cathyjones08 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Family and work don't allow me very much time to run.
    I'm new to running and really don't like it.
    But I set an April goal, It was low compared to everybody else but I met it.

So this month I'm going to set of 24 miles. My April goal was 17.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 75 this month.

exercise.png
  • flrunner
    flrunner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    New to this thread. I'm a long time runner coming back from a hamstring tear. Goal for May will be 50 miles.
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Y'all are killing me. 77 replies and it's only May 1st. If I don't meet my May goal, I'm attributing my failure to time spent reading this thread.

In for 75 again. I have a HM Sunday, then a bit of a break to reset my brain before my half ironman training cycle begins.

Fun fact, I may have sprained my right ankle chasing seagulls last night (I know, I know...). Laying on the couch with an ice pack hoping for the best...
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm down! I just got back to it, so my goal for May is 23 miles, which would raise my average distance from April by 100 meters, from 0,93 miles to 0,99 miles (1,5 km to 1,6 km), as per my Nike+ program.

exercise.png[/url]