May 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• mosie32
    mosie32 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    New to this group--looking for ways to keep myself accountable. Goal for the month 97 miles.

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks Stan! The people in here have taught me so much and encouraged me to keep raising my goal.

That being said, I'm leaving my goal the same for May - 72 miles! :blush:
    I'll be away for one week at daughter's graduation/visiting family. Might run more then, might run less that week, not sure! But I can't really add more mileage in the mornings without getting up at a more insane hour than I already do!

exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Hmm... ::Adds up scheduled miles:: Got two long runs, a taper, and a marathon between May 3 and May 31, so... how's about a safe 155? (My schedule adds up to 158.2 but I'm accounting for the occassional "*kitten* happens").
  • cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    cooter_mom wrote: »
    Yay! I love these challenges. Thank you @Stoshew71 !!!! Hubby figures I need to up my goal, I got a bit complacent this month. Haha. So I'm in for 130kms. I am praying for less windy days in May.

Well after the news of having to rest my foot BEFORE I end up with a stress fracture......and only being allowed to power walk until it's completely pain free....I'm not sure what my May goal should be. Are y'all gonna shun me because I can't run and can only walk for now? ;) Am I allowed to count walking?
  • Faoworld22
    Faoworld22 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My goal for May is 100miles...I'm a beginner...
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am going for 150 this month (35 per week with a *bonus* 10 miles in there somewhere. :P)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    I am going to be on vacation for 10 days and am not sure how much running will fit into the schedule. We will be in SC and MD and I know there are some beautiful trails I would like to get out on so hoping for a few runs! I also have agility trials Memorial day weekend so likely minimal running then too. Going to go ahead and set my goal for 120 but I am not sure I will get there...
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Great goals everyone!
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm down for 100. It's my birth month, so why not commemorate it with my first 100 mile month.
  • CLEgirl
    CLEgirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll try for 110 miles in May.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Shooting for 75. Like @cooter_mom , I may be counting walking miles as I rehab my piriformis.

Thanks Stan! Love the challenges!
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Think I'll stick with last months goal of 75km.......hopfully I can reach it this time!!! Body and mind are struggling a bit for some reason :neutral:
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This is my first time doing this challenge. I have vacation right in the middle of May so I need accountability. I'm not up to the sort of miles a lot of these post have so mine will seem small but I'm out there doing it!

I'm in for 60.
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    After majorly slacking off this past winter, I'm getting back in to the swing of things. I'm staring with a 12 week spring training routine, and then I'm going to start training for my first full marathon. So, for May 41.5 miles.

• greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My first time doing this also. I travel quite a bit for work so a lot for my miles may be late night hotel treadmill runs!!

I'm for 60
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Interesting!
    I'll give it a try.

I'm not that much of a runner but the more I run the more I enjoy it. I will try to run 5 km, 2 times a week and I would like to do 10 km once.

I might be gone in the woods for a whole week in May (with no internet acces and no place to run really) so, I will set a lower goal for this month.

Lets say 35 km

exercise.png
  • cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 woop woop! Injured runners unite!
  • mxmakm
    mxmakm Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! Goal is 60 miles in May.
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 70 this month.....with 5 long run Sundays I should do more...but not sure where we will be for Memorial Day and if I'll get a chance to get out....

• 5hoodie
    5hoodie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just starting out running. My sister and her husband love it. I have yet to find the "fun" in it. I am hoping this will help keep me motivated to work past the initial pain and learning curve. My goal is 25 miles. I am not planning to count the walks that I take to help my mom with her fitness goals. Thanks!