Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    5/1- rest day
    5/2 - 5 miles 8K Steeple Chase Race

Skip ran fantastic especially considering she hasn't been training because of soccer. She finished in 37:31 which is a 7:33 min mile, 2nd in her age group, 15 overall. There were over 100 runners. For some reason my chip didn't time me so I wasn't on the print out they hung up but the race director had me at 49:26 which is a 9:58 min mile, 3rd in my age group and we think around 66 overall. When they post the official results I'll know for sure. The doctors did attend to Skip at the finish, her blood sugar was low and felt faint and cold. He took great care of her and she was feeling almost 100% when I got there. The PT from Results (I love you people!) gave her a post race stretch on her calves which she loved.

5 out of 120 miles completed

exercise.png

ydl4l7az7jo8.jpg

She said I need to learn to be fierce but she makes me laugh too much.

gq5l9tr9ijuj.jpg

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    5/1- rest day

Skip ran fantastic especially considering she hasn't been training because of soccer. She finished in 37:31 which is a 7:33 min mile, 2nd in her age group, 15 overall. There were over 100 runners. For some reason my chip didn't time me so I wasn't on the print out they hung up but the race director had me at 49:26 which is a 9:58 min mile, 3rd in my age group and we think around 66 overall. When they post the official results I'll know for sure. The doctors did attend to Skip at the finish, her blood sugar was low and felt faint and cold. He took great care of her and she was feeling almost 100% when I got there. The PT from Results (I love you people!) gave her a post race stretch on her calves which she loved.

5 out of 120 miles completed

That sounds like it was a great race! Unfortunate about your chip not working, but sounds like since it was a smaller event, they'll get your time pretty accurate for the end results. And congrats to you for 3rd placeAG and to Skip for 2nd place in her AG! That's amazing!
  • alyssareyans
    alyssareyans Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It's been a LONG time since I logged in. Kinda fell off the wagon. Not really fell but just allowed life to get in the way. I've made some goals for May and am determined to get back on track with food and exercise. I'm doing a May challenge in another group where we do 100 miles in May so I'm going to log here too just to keep myself extra accountable.

100-7.5 = 92.5 miles remaining

May 1st 3. 25 miles
    May 2ns 4.25 miles
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsMom - love the pictures! Awesome runs for both of you!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for May
    5/1 REST DAY - 0
    5/2 16 miles - 16.0 <<< Madkin and Weeden Mountains on RSA (1,208ft elevation gain)

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    5/1- rest day

Great job for skippy. I got a 36:20 at the UAH 8K, so that's pretty darn good. How was her blood sugar low?
    Did she eat anything before the race? She may need to carb up the day and night before. You shouldn't have low blood sugar for an 8K. Unless she has some kind of condition or has been eating poorly all week.

• Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    May 2....3miles...97 to go!

exercise.png

• ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    03/05 - 5.04km

exercise.png
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Got to town this morning, hit up the expo to get my race kit, and ran a final 2 miler to shake out the cobwebs. All set for the marathon tomorrow, with starting temperatures in the low 50s. I'll be starting with the 3:45 pace group, but if my heart rate cooperates, I'll move up/back as appropriate.

5/2 - 2 miles

Goal: 100 miles
    Remaining 98 miles
  • skippygirlsmom
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    5/1- rest day

Great job for skippy. I got a 36:20 at the UAH 8K, so that's pretty darn good. How was her blood sugar low?
    Did she eat anything before the race? She may need to carb up the day and night before. You shouldn't have low blood sugar for an 8K. Unless she has some kind of condition or has been eating poorly all week.

@stoshew71 you know how little she is so she burns right through calories when she runs. She had carbs for dinner Friday night and cereal and a nutri something bar for breakfast. Her little 5' legs need to be moving for her to have a time like that lots of steps there. Friday night she was the ball girl at the varsity soccer game and ran her legs off doing that so I'm sure that burned off whatever carbs she had for dinner, she ran up and down the field as much as any player for 90 minutes. The doctor said her sugar will drop like that when she has flat out given all she's got. I've seen her like that after a XC meet and after a race in track so it doesn't concern me. An hour after the race she was completely back to normal, after the race she had a banana, gatorade, water and a muffin. You also need to remember she hasn't been doing any real running except for this past week, the stop and go running of soccer isn't the same as an all out 8K with a few nice hills.

Thanks @ddmom0811 and @kristinegift :smile: The race director had my time, I guess the back up person doing it had it which was great.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Set a target for 50 miles - I'm hoping to smash that, but had to cut down on my running last month and I'm struggling to get back into it.
    3.9 miles so far.

exercise.png

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

5/02/15 - 4.35 miles

I did not enjoy today's run. I think my head was already running tomorrow's 9 mile run.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    DATE...............MILES............TOTAL
    5/1/15................6.25.................6.25
    5/2/15................6.50...............12.75

exercise.png
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Nice job Skip and Skippygirlsmom!! That race sounds awesome!

I am all set to go for tomorrow, except I'm running a fever and threw up in three different states on my way home from SC today. One of the girls I was vacationing with gave me Yellow Fever, it feels like.
    I'm so upset, this is my A race for the year that I've been training really hard for since January. Definitely feel like having a good cry about it. I think I'll still get up in the morning and see how I feel, but I'm soooo frustrated. I've dreamed of racing this race for years, but I never thought I'd be able to get there.
    My race number and gear bag are just staring at me.
    So, I want honest opinions from everyone- what would you do? Would you still go out there? And I know the conventional advice is "don't do it, there will be other races," that's what I would tell anyone who asked, but, seriously, would you do it anyway?
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options

10 km done today !

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @SBRRepeat - Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. I think you could wait and see how you're doing tomorrow, but you know you shouldn't run with a fever and any sort of stomach issues. As for me...I might do it simply because I had planned and trained so long for that big event, but I am pretty sure I would also be highly unlikely to finish and be miserable, maybe even have something horribly embarrassing happen if that ill, and then wish I hadn't! I hope this passes today and you have some strength for this race tomorrow. How far off is your next event?

I lumbered through an easy 6 miler, split into two parts. I ran the first three into a local park. It was a nice day (though a tiny bit warm) with the sun shining down. So I walked another mile into the park and back, then finished off the last 3 miles back home. Problem is...on the last 3 miles I struggled, pretty sure I was a little dehydrated. But, I logged the miles, and even a couple extra that weren't logged walking! :smile:

5/2 - 6.07 miles

exercise.png

• SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @grimmeanor Thanks for the advice. My next running race isn't until November. Tri season starts in June so all of my training will be focused on a half ironman in September until then. I'm feeling pretty glum because this is a big race that's pretty legendary in these parts and you're not a "real" runner until you have that medal (or so it seems.)
    I'm feeling a little better but the fever is still pretty high.
  • ateamdavis
    ateamdavis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5/1 2 miles
    5/2 2 miles
    Shooting for 45.
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    May 1- 3.5 ™ …thats tread mill
    May 2- 0 … so dam sore today from Pump on Thursday…
    exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @SBRRepeat I can't believe you are so sick. Wow I just hate this for you. I would hate to see you try to run the race and then have issues like grimmeanor mentioned. Are you able to eat anything now and keep it down? I don't even have any advice except to see how you feel in the morning. You need to do what is best for your overall health. Hugs.