Bra Sizes *ladies*

Options

Replies

• fitastik14
    Options
    (This for future reference, after I lose the weight!) What was your beginning and current bra size (it would be helpful if you included height, starting weight, and current weight!)

Can follow a rule, but there are exceptions. People lose weight differently, but for me:

SW - 227 @ DD
    CW - 180(ish) @ DD
    GW - 140(ish) @ about D! lol (Or a full C at least - puuuh-lease!) lol

Good luck!

...the bandwidth has been decreasing nicely though...by a cpl sizes. :) That's allowed.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I agree it probably won't help as every girl is different. What I find interesting is bra manufactures. When I was at 17% body fat 5 ft 7 my cup size was nearly a B. (there was actually a bra called that :)

But it seems that if you are an A or B cup they assume you must also have a 32 inch chest. I was wearing a size 6 pants but I still have broad shoulders and a big chest. Do you know how hard it is to find a 38 B. I mean they are out there but not that common.

The same story went for pants. If you wear a 6 through 10 you are suppose to have a 30 inch inseam. I have a 33. Guys have it so much easier when buying pants. ;)

Ok after a car accident and a long story, 35% body fat... 38 C
  • pghfitgirl
    Options
    Height: 5'4"

Starting Weight: 128ish
    Bra: 34 full C

Now: 109ish
    Bra: 32 (very) small B

I did get down to a very low weight at one point in 2012, around 100 lbs., and I was down to like a 30 A....so yeah. They are the first thing to go for me!! (Why can't it be the tummy?!)
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi! 24, 5'6"
    Starting weight: 180ish- I should have been sized. I'm guessing I was a 36B, possibly C.
    Current Weight: 125lbs, I need to be sized again. Currently wearing a 32B (I think I need to go in for a 30B or A)
  • balvis3919
    balvis3919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Height 5'2". Starting weight was 232 and starting bra size was 42DD. Now im at 148 and a size 34D. Which is very hard to find btw. Lol
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    5'5 2004 44dd 220ishlbs
    2009 deflated 32b/34a 125ishlbs

(Mums a bra fitter so stats should be correct sizes)

(2014 (profile pic) 32e/f but that's not weight related.)

• bunnypy
    bunnypy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Starting bra: 34C
    Current bra: 32B
    Height: 5'0"
    Pearshape body type
    Starting weight: 143
    Current weight: 110
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.

SW: 183
    Bra size: 36B

CW: 130
    Bra size 32A
  • WeaTheRgrlx0x
    WeaTheRgrlx0x Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1. Starting weight 122, now 109.4. I've always been a 32A, I never grew, lol!
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    lost about 30lbs, at 135lbs I was size 32B having used to be a 32C at 5"4. Think Ima pear
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    39 yrs old
    Starting weight 150
    Current weight 136
    Height 5'4"
    Starting bra size 36C
    Current bra size 32C

And I know the 32C is correct because I just got measured. And I have to say between lifting weights and now wearing the correct bra size, the girls look much more lifted and perkier :smile:
  • GrannyCrayCray
    GrannyCrayCray Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    SugaryLynx wrote: »
    Oh. This is depressing for me to admit. 38C to I honestly don't know 32/34 B maybe? My boobs have left the building lol.
    5'3.5" SW:170 CW: 115

^^ Consistently 36C (no padding, no pushup, etc) for over 3 decades - excluding some gains in fullness when pregnant :wink: Starting weight 148lbs May 2014, before joining MFP.

Current size - 34A or 32 nearly B if there is some padding. Basically flat as a pancake, no fullness or volume, definitely no perkiness (but I'm 50 soo...) Current weight 115lbs. I lift heavy - have toned arms, legs, etc; and, I have visible abs instead of flab for the first time in my life. For a girl who used to always fill out a sweater nicely, this lack of cleavage is the one drawback to the 'healthier' me.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    saraf3m wrote: »
    Where on earth do you find these odd cup sizes like DDD or g or f. I don't need them I'm just curious. I am currently a 36D, not much change with 20#'s, guess it came off somewhere else.

Because most women in the U.S. have no flippin clue their actual size. US bra manufacturer's are crap. I order ALL my bra's from Brastop online, which is a UK based company. Buying from there is still cheaper than one bra from a US specialty boutique.

Seriously, these next links might be the best resources on the net:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/fit_guide
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/shape_guide

A visual guide on how to fit:
    http://i.imgur.com/lAWWlll.png

upvote x 1000
    I came here just to post this info, glad someone beat me to it. Not enough people are educated about this. Plus...reddit!

Whoa. I'm going to have to re-measure this weekend using that calculator. I measured myself last weekend and came up with 32D, which seemed insane to me. But based on the pictures under Believe Your Size in the first link, it might actually be right.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    SW: 170
    CW: 104
    Height: 5'5
    Bra before: 38DD
    Bra after: 34D
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    SW: 169ish
    CW: 120ish (maintenance range is 120lbs-125lbs)
    Height: 5ft 6in
    Bra before-38A/B (I wore both depending on brand)
    Bra after-32A

All said and done, about one cup size-however I went from a size 14 jean, down to a loose 4, so the small change in bra size was well worth it ;)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    before 34B
    now 34A
  • LifeNewandImproved
    LifeNewandImproved Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    well - at around 5'5.5" and 215ish I finally got properly fitted for a 36HH. I am now 152 and 30E (and possibly smaller, gotta do my monthly measurements this weekend). I've lost a LOT from my bust. It was the first to go and if I were a millionaire I'd sign up for a breast lift upon hitting goal. But the right bra helps an awful lot :)
  • spunkyabroad
    spunkyabroad Posts: 137 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Starting weight 201 lbs. Height just under five feet. Bra size who knows, it was way too hard to find a bra that fit in my country.

Current weight 129 lbs, same height, boobs have shrunk significantly, bra size 32 G.

Shout out to /r/ABraThatFits on reddit for vastly improving my boob comfort.

Edited to add: I'm not at goal weight yet, but getting pretty close. Who knows where I'll end up, the weight does not seem to come off in any predictable pattern.