Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @icanplay3! I think it's pretty common to struggle on the weekends, once the structure of the work week is removed from the equation. I lost about 60lbs 15 years ago when I was working at a full-time job and a part-time job plus going to grad school. With all of that going on, I had to be super structured and organized, which meant meal plans and shopping lists were ideal. The weight came off quickly. This time around, I mostly work from home (freelance writer) and am responsible for creating my own structure. So far...not so good. :neutral: But I'm working on it, and you can, too!
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Glad to be here. I have a lot of weight to lose and really need all the motivation and support I can get. :) I do okay during the week, but the weekends are a real struggle. Also, I've found that I tend to be obsessing about logging my food - figuring out what to eat for each meal and snacks and making sure everything fits in my calorie goal is time consuming and makes me think about food even more. I have found that by thinking about my meals for today last night and logging them ahead of time has kept me out of my food diary and from looking up food options so much. I haven't been near as hungry today by doing that since when I think about food or look at recipes, I get that hungry feeling. LOL Take care everyone and have a great day!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well, I do feel part of the majority about weekends now....Is it because we are caring less for ourselves and more for friends and family? Yesterday my husband let me have alot of sunning balcony time, and he played one of his adventure computer games. My husband and I watched a thought provoking movie "The Promised Land" with Matt Damon all about a small towns involvement with fracking. Then he got back on the game involving my son that was home from school. I pretty much was left alone for the evening, and I ate about 3 granola bars. Sighes...so that was about 300+ calories over. I SHOULD have just turned off the TV, instead of watching the crap that was on. I SHOULD have just started my book that I rec'd from the donor pile from TOPS meeting. I SHOULD have maybe taken a bath etc...anything but snack. I settled on not making ANY decisions, typical weekend mindset... and I owe myself more than that. I work really hard during the week, eating right, exercising, and this is how I congratulate myself. Grrrr.... On top of it all, at 11pm while I was organizing the kitchen, wiping counters etc, a HUGE spider plopped down from the ceiling. I heard the plop! So I frantically was searching for something to smash it, and it had time to get to a corner on the floor.. Then I was yelling for my son to throw me a flipflop, he wiggled into a crack in the siding of the flooring. ACK! So today I am prancing all around the kitchen like a loon. I have a vision he will attack my toes. Last night I dreamed he was crawling up to put an end to me...hahaha. Did I tell you I have a phobia about spiders? If they are on the floor gasping because I have sprayed them with Frabreeze, then I can smash them no problem with a flipflop (always my husbands ha).
    Todays plan.
    -stay out of the kitchen...with the spider there no problem
    -eat a good breakfast DONE
    -take my vitamin DONE
    -Check on my garden (where the really huge spiders live)
    -walk along Youngs Bay bike trail (to see if more cruise ships have come or gone)
    -eat a nice lunch sandwich like yesterday
    -a smaller dinner
    -only watch TV I choose, not something that happens to be on...make a decision
    -have some quality son time today either watching a program with him, make him walk with me, or play UNO with him...
    Enjoy the day ladies and gents. Becca

• Annr
    Options
    todays success: Take the time to look around my pretty world.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a pair of slim fit jeans I haven't worn in four years, pre-pregnancy. Its a small UK size 14!! Horray! I'm feeling good!!
  • Annr
    Options
    @jorinya How wonderful is that! Mentally doing cartwheels for you! Congrats.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    @jorinya How wonderful is that! Mentally doing cartwheels for you! Congrats.
    Thanks, now my goal is to weigh less than my neighbour she is 79kg. I'm now 80kg. She doesn't know how close I am to my goal but by the end of next week I should show her. That's another NSV, having another goal, lol!

• varieties991
    varieties991 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    RobinsEgg wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

Welcome to our discussion. We are a great community - both men and women
    - and provide excellent support and motivation for your personal weight
    loss journey.

This is not a group. This is an ongoing discussion of support and motivation and you can easily participate. There is no "joining" to do. Just post a comment! happy That's all it takes. Go to the last - most current page (600 and counting)and write a comment - whatever you feel like saying, and click the REPLY button. You will be welcomed by other people posting and hopefully you will return often. I try to send a welcoming message within a week of your first post.

After posting, you can find your way back by checking your "COMMUNITY"
    tab, then on the "MY DISCUSSIONS" listing, and all the DISCUSSIONS you
    have posted to will show up. If you click on the STAR to the right of the
    DISCUSSIONS, that selects them as your favorites. Then you can click on
    the Titles of the DISCUSSIONS and doing that will return you to the most
    current posting on the DISCUSSIONS thread.

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

Welcome to each and every one of you as you start this journey - Robin

• varieties991
    varieties991 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Reality check today. Lots to lose and I took an 8 month detour of bad habits again after dropping 50. Yipes now almost half that loss is gone. It's ok because today I will work on today. Yesterday is gone with no promise to anyone of tomorrow. I have an easy do able goal of one pound per week.
  • Annr
    Options
    If we all threw our problems in a pile and we saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

@varieties991 welcome back from a gal in Oreogn. :-)
  • Gena_Beana
    Gena_Beana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, new(er) here. I started trying to get my life back about 5 months ago as I prepared for weight loss surgery (bmi was 42), but somewhere along the process something stuck and I lost "too much" weight to where my insurance wouldn't likely approve it. The great nurses and dietician (sp?) I was working with sat me down and told me that I was no longer morbidly obese and did I feel I could keep going and do it on my own. I decided a resounding "YES" and was relieved to not be considering permanently cutting out 3/4 of my stomach (an irreversible procedure).

Anyway, long story short, I joined a gym in Feb and have been hitting it hard every since. I've lost 24 lbs & counting.

In keeping with the instructions at the top (713 pages back LOL); my success today occurred during my Zumba class, where I totally rocked jumping jacks! I even felt the sweat running down my back-side (a mountainous region indeed ha!). I felt like a million bucks, and although I still struggle with the fact that there are mirrors on every stinkin wall in that studio, I found that I'm starting to not look so bad anymore! Oh, and one other thing, I think I'm going to need new shoes.....of all the places to lose weight first it appears my feet are on the skinny minnie track well before the rest of my body catches up.

Glad I found this thread and I look forward to getting to know ya'll through the rest of my journey!
  • THINJESSIE
    THINJESSIE Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did n't join myfitnesspal until after I started working on my weight. So far I have managed to lose 48 pounds. I did not get much accomplished this week but am hoping to make up for what I did not do during the week today and tomorrow (Staurday and Sunday). An accomplishment unrelated to weight loss/health that I was able to make would be getting myself refocsed and beginning to get back on track.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Looks like lots of newlings. I will be back later for personals, but I just wanted to post my...

Saturday Success:
    Finished my 8k in 59:16 (official chip time). According to Map My Run, the course was actually 5.16 miles and my pace was 11:31 min/mile. I'm very happy with that considering my typical 5k pace is 11 min/mile. It's funny too how much the wind plays a role. For the first 2.5 miles we were shielded from the wind, then we turned and shifted to the Lake Michigan side of the running path. Wow, what a difference in my split times:

Mile 1 = 11:15 (part of this is through a dark, scary tunnel under McCormick Place)
    Mile 2 = 10:55
    Mile 3 = 11:21
    Mile 4 = 12:11 (this was where the wind was the worst)
    Mile 5 = 11:49 (this wasn't as windy but my legs were burning at this point)

Anyways, despite the windy somewhat damp chilly weather, it was a good time.

Now I'm out grading--need to finish these AP essays.

May Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 5/7 days a week
    Week 1: At/over 90g of protein 1/7
    Week 2: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 3: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 4: At/over 90g of protein x/7

Exercise = run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 runs
    Week 2: x/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 runs

Next 8k is May 9th (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16)

Grading Goals:
    1. 27/64 AP essays
    2. x/16 AP analysis activities
    4. 8/60 JRPs
    5. x/60 Hemingway analyses

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--meeting
    Tues--meeting
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--8K DONE

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    A resounding welcome to all newbies. This thread is one of the keys to my success.
    I will do my Saturday and Sunday posts today.

My name is Lori. I am down 112 pounds from a top weight of 297. A large part of that loss is since joining MFP. Been a contributor to this thread since early August last year. I am 54, married with two grown sons still living with us. I am an interior designer who mainly does window treatments. I have my own store in a small town.

Food this week is a struggle. I am struggling with everything except exercise. Emotions are a battlefield for me. I want to scream at someone. Mostly I am mad at myself and how I have let myself get to where I am.

Where I am is unhappy, frustrated, and just want to run away. But if I do run I bring myself with me. I hope that makes sense to you.

I had some really good workouts this week. Did my best ever bike ride - 14 miles in one hour.

Business is booming. I sold some very nice jobs this week. Now we have to do the work.
    My Facebook pages have always frustrated me. I turned the business page over to my sister to handle and she is doing a good job but people keep "liking" my personal page instead of the business page and I do not know how to fix it and to me it is just a big mess and I do not want to take the time to learn how to make it better.

Sigh
    Big Sigh

My marriage is another big frustration for me. We are not in a good place and I want things he cannot give me and asking him for what I want in a marriage is like asking the wall for sympathy. It will never happen. I do not want to throw away 36 years together but I cannot live like this forever. I am angry about all of it and I do not know what to do with the anger so I work out instead of pig out.

My kids are frustrating me also and I do not want to think about that today.

I did take some me time today and go to the garden center and bought some absolutely beautiful baskets to put in the planters in my driveway. I also put new plants in some containers for my kitchen window.
    Doing these kind of things makes me happy and content. I will have to find more to do tomorrow.

Love to all,
    Lori <3

trre50u81h41.jpg

vesharmhnm10.jpg
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have a unique Saturday Success to share with everyone today ...

.... got a delivery this afternoon from Shari's Berries ... a Mother's Day gift from my son, DIL, and GD ... it was a dozen different chocolate covered fresh strawberries! .... guess what I had for lunch and snack today? ... Yep, I successfully finished off the whole box in one afternoon!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there ... be it you have a 2-legged or a 4-legged baby. My 4-legged and I will enjoy a Sunday afternoon lolling on the couch watching old movies on TV.

Talk at ya on Monday Check-in ...
    Follow-through, Niki

PS .... Lori those flowers are beautiful/
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all the mom in the group. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow and are able to enjoy it.

Karen- Congrats on your 8K. Good job with the time and the run.

Success this week was just watching what I ate and eating more salads and a smaller dinner this week. It has paid off since weight was donw this morning. Ran outside this week and actually enjoyed it. The week off from serious training has been great for me.

Prayers are needed for my dad. He went to the hospital late last night. Mom and I were at the hospital until 2;30 am. He has another kidney infection and will be in the hospital for a couple of days. We are not sure if he will be coming home or going to a nursing home for rehab. Mom will need enlightenment from above on how to proceed. She is very concerned that the blister that is almost healed will come back if he goes to the nursing home. She has been working hard to get that blister to heal, so that is weighing on her mind.

Have a great Sunday.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie-- sorry to hear that your dad is back in the hospital. My thoughts are with you and your mom.

@niki-- what a lovely Mother's Day gift from your family! A colleague got one of those edible bouquets from her sons on Thursday. They were delivered to work, so she shared and I got a chocolate covered strawberry. If I had a box to myself, I would probably also eat them all in one afternoon.

@lori-- I'm sorry you are still struggling with all of the stress related to your business, marriage, and kids. That's a lot to deal with all at once. Stay strong and keep your needs at the forefront. The flowers are beautiful.

@becca-- my Friday was similar with the snacking. I just kept picking at bagels and donuts my colleagues brought in until I had eaten almost 2 full bagels and half a donut. I didn't even really want it--it was just there, so I ate it. I can't stand it when that happens; it's like I have a total lapse of control. At least it's only once in a while, but it still makes me so angry at myself. Your spider story gave me the creepy-crawlies. I am terrified of those things!

@all the folks who let the weekends derail them-- I am kind of the opposite and tend to do better on the weekends, but only if I don't have any social activities involving eating/drinking. If it's just a stay at home weekend, I tend to eat better b/c I have more time to plan and prepare my food. During the work week, I do well if I plan ahead, but inevitably, I have days when I'm just eating on the run too bsy to think about what I put in my mouth until after the fact.

AFM-- I only got through 7 more papers this afternoon which leaves a lot for tomorrow. :( I was just really tired after getting up so early to run and couldn't stay focused. Heading to bed now, so I will be well-rested for tomorrow. We have brunch with my family at 11, but I will have the whole afternoon to grade.

May Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 5/7 days a week
    Week 1: At/over 90g of protein 1/7
    Week 2: At/over 90g of protein 1/7
    Week 3: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 4: At/over 90g of protein x/7

Exercise = run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 runs
    Week 2: 1/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 runs

Next 8k is May 9th (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16)

Grading Goals:
    1. 27/64 AP essays
    2. x/16 AP analysis activities
    4. 8/60 JRPs
    5. x/60 Hemingway analyses

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--meeting
    Tues--meeting
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--8K DONE

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    @cblue315 The flowers are beautiful.

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life.

I am new here. Weekends are better for me than weekdays.
    My Hubby and I work together wrt food because he generally does the cooking. I mostly do the grocery shopping. Sometimes, I supervise his cooking by asking him to make a certain dish he might not think of on his own or show him how to make an old dish lower calorie. That plan works when things are going well.
    ===
    I lost 62 pounds from May 2014 to March 2015. Instead of losing more or staying the same, I spent the last eight weeks gaining 14 pounds.
    This was the same time my sleep schedule/went off the rails --- some weeks I have been averaging 4.5 hours of sleep a night. (Many mornings I showed up at work with only two hours of sleep.)
    I am scared about this upward spiral. Actually, it is hard to talk about how frightened I am.
    The hope is that, because my work load is less in the summer, soon I can get more sleep and can focus on the good that I set out to accomplish one year ago.
  • RodaRose
    Options

My Hubby and I work together wrt food because he generally does the cooking. I mostly do the grocery shopping. Sometimes, I supervise his cooking by asking him to make a certain dish he might not think of on his own or show him how to make an old dish lower calorie. That plan works when things are going well.
    ===
    I lost 62 pounds from May 2014 to March 2015. Instead of losing more or staying the same, I spent the last eight weeks gaining 14 pounds.
    This was the same time my sleep schedule/went off the rails --- some weeks I have been averaging 4.5 hours of sleep a night. (Many mornings I showed up at work with only two hours of sleep.)
    I am scared about this upward spiral. Actually, it is hard to talk about how frightened I am.
    The hope is that, because my work load is less in the summer, soon I can get more sleep and can focus on the good that I set out to accomplish one year ago.
  • RodaRose
    Options

===