Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I slipped up and got behind. Caught up through pg. 14 this am. Didn't take notes.....

Meg - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
    Heather - I hope your trip is just what you're hoping it will be!
    Janet - Ditto about your cruise!
    Becca - I guess one good thing about going to a nudist resort - less packing!

I messed up and backed into the garage door without opening it (AGAIN). It works but looks awful. I guess my Y money will be replacing it! The great thing about this is it reminds me of how wonderful hubby is about that sort of thing. While I'm busy calling myself "stupid" he is busy hugging me and telling me "Don't be so hard on yourself. You're only human. It's just a door." Gotta love him!

I hope I will have more time later to read more and maybe post again.

Love ya all!
    Stay safe if you are in the path of these storms!

TNToni
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    "Lesley - how do you know that you lose body fat? I do not know how to measure that. Is it something that I can do at home? I know that they can do it somewhere in a swimming pool. It sounds like you are doing awesome on your challenge."
    I have a Body Fat Scale and Sports Nutritionist also measures me too
    I got in 11426 steps yesterday. I MUST put on rin mac and jolly well walk in afternoons. Dog seems to like rain, daft dog.
    Sunday is my Rest and re-feed day, food = 1711, not bad. I am only allowed to do cardio on Sundays and have done 37 minutes of Wii Boxing for 233 cals, and husband cooking Sunday brunch
    I HAVE to remember to drink MORE water whilst burning fat, headaches.
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • pipcd34
    Options
    At red robin having my once a yr free meal!
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Toni, I have done that too! Twice! The garage door now has a permanent bow in it. Looks ok from outside. And once I knocked off the drivers side mirror backing out. It took us 6 months trying to fix the door frame ourselves, and finally fixed it when we remodeled the house. THEN, I backed out and knocked the mirror off the passenger side. But that was years later! That time the door frame wasn't damaged. Much. So, you are not alone, and apparently neither am I. :D

I'm so overwhelmed by this whole trip that I can't seem to do anything at all. I'm supposed to be doing laundry and packing, but haven't done it. I'm so tired. Maybe a nap would help.

Later.

Sylvia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did 45 Minutes of Paul Katemi's ASAP Band Camp video. I'd totally forgotten that I had this video. I really like him. Tomorrow's plan is to do a video by Mari Windsor Buns & Thighs Pilates. This is a new one for me.

The pool is cloudy. There's a little green in spots in the shallow end and in the deep end. The pool temp right now (about 10 am) is 77, but I'm sure it'll get warmer since the weather is supposed to be in the mid 80's. Guess I'll just have to go in the pool to sweep that green stuff. Ain't life tough??????

Mary from MN
    - sure, we can meet up here. Not a problem at all.

I have a bit of dilemma. We have an end-of-season bowling party on Thursday. Remember we had one last year and there were so many desserts? Well, I'm not going to bring a dessert this year. I'm going to bring a spinach dip along with veggies. I may be the only one who eats them, but that's OK. Anyway, my dilemma is this. They're planning to have wine, beer and water. I know I'll just have water. They're planning to serve hot dogs and brats. Well, I don't care for either of those. Now if they had hamburgers, I could probably get by with just having the hamburger fixings (lettuce, tomatos, etc). I feel bad in a way bringing my own sandwich, but I know that I'll feel bad if I have hot dogs and brats. I don't want to hurt their feelings, but at the same time, I don't want to come home and feel terrible. Truthfully, I'll probably wind up bringing a sandwich with me. Or maybe I'll just eat the veggies. But I do know that I won't have the hot dogs and brats

Fried up some salmon cakes to have later in the week. Right now the load of laundry is in the dryer.

Joyce - I'm like you, I'm VERY leery of clicking on any link, even if it's sent by someone I know and trust.

Lisa in W TX - Vince was in IT for 23 years. He does NOT like apple at all. Constantly complains that apple won't let you do certain things. You have to do things their way or no way. He loves to work on computers and this frustrates him. I can't count how many computers he's built over the years. We have a few computers in my exercise room that he wants to use for parts. How great that you're looking at working out in the hot weather in a positive lite (like bikrum yoga). Glad you're hydrating. I usually have around 100 ounces of water/day. One of the reasons I don't run is because I am constantly worried about my knees.

Karen from LI
    - happy belated birthday. Oh, how I hate getting the "at your age..." routine from doctors. What school does your daughter go to?

Linda - welcome! We can use another good talker!!! What part of VA are you from? My daughter lives in Reston and my cousin lives in Broadway. How wonderful that your hubby is with you on this journey

Carey
    - so glad you found the lid from your little dipper! I thought they came with one!

annr - if you have the confidence to go to a nudist camp, you definitely have the confidence to do bellydancing

Oh, I was out by the pool earlier pulling weeds that grew between the rocks and guess what I found???? You gals in TX can probably guess. Yup, a snake skin. Freaked me out

kerra
    - Jessica did a "behind the scenes" at Seaworld once where she was feeding and training the dolphins. She really enjoyed that

Carol in NC - even tho Jesssica now has her own 2-bedroom apt, you should see how much stuff she has at our house! I wish she'd organize it.

Sylvia - (((big hug))))) When we go to ceramics, usually I put one coat of paint on and then let that dry until the next time we go there. At least I know it's completely dry. Now they do have hairdryers and some people use them a lot since you need to put 3 coats of paint on the item, but I usually only put one coat and let that air dry. Now have fun, ya hear????

katla - as much as I complain about Vince, you're right, he IS a keeper. I honestly think he enjoys testing the pool water and getting to play "mad scientist". He won't let me go to WalMart at night alone since he knows that I don't have a concealed carry permit. It's just these little things that I love about him. Like I know how much he hates to go out to dinner on Mother's Day, yet earlier tonight he suggested we go to Red Lobster (but we have to go early before it gets really crowded)

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    **UPDATED stats for the day: add - l
    walk hm 2 REI to red robin- 24.51min, 3amph, 1.2mi = 86c
    wal red robin 2 hm - 15.54min, 3.1amph, .8mi = 59c
    new total cal 1011
  • LisaMighton
    LisaMighton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Barbie - it sounds like you are well prepared! I usually use my app on my phone. Have a fun vacation!

Lisa in Vancouver - welcome! You've come to the right place. Just join in and come often. Sign your name as to what you want to be called and where you are from.We have another Lisa and that will distinguish between you two.

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota

Hi Mary from Minnesota

Is there a way I can save this discussion so I can find it easily? I just happened to search all discussions for 'Vancouver' and it led me to your post in this group that was a response to mine. Otherwise, does everyone search for '50' every time and find it that way, or...? Must be an easier way!

I can be called Lisa from Vancouver or if too confusing with the other Lisa maybe I could be called LisaM?

Lisa from Vancouver
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa from Vancouver,

You can bookmark the thread by clicking the star (yellow one). Once clicked it will turn yellow. You'll then be able to find the thread when you click the star (above the yellow one with the #28 beside it).

nua6z7pmi3lc.png

Carey-Edmonton
  • naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Back from an evening out at a work related function. We had a nice time... Good people and I like to smooz The speeches were disappointing but at least I did not get into any heated discussions.

Not sure how to count the calories. Food was delish but all various types of ethnic dishes. For example grilled fish heads, baked curried goat, rice w/vegis, and for desert sweet rice and bean curd. Topped off with Bedouin coffee. I had saved 900 calories so I'll max them out and call it even-I guess.

Carey I think I'll try that bookmarking thing too. Thanks.

Michelle I think pools are both a lot of fun and a lot of work. I think I would do the sweeping during the hottest part of the day.

Sylvia I find a nap helps just about anything anytime. I know I need one when I imagine the floor feeling like a new pillow top mattress.

TNToni I don't usually back into the garage door-I drive into them. Actually I did it once. Our drive goes downhill -just a little bit. Our old van had stopped running before it was all the way in the driveway. I thought if a friend and I gave it a little push I could jump in and get it off the street. Well the grade gave the van much more momentum than I thought and since it was bigger than the garage door the front pushed the door in but the roof racks stopped it from going any further. My husband who is an engineer teased me a lot about my lack of knowledge re:physics but was really pretty good about it and put in a new door that night. About a year later he did the same thing :) we both laugh about it now.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day not sure if I'll go to church. We do not have children and since my Mom died I really struggle w/all the fan fair. On Mother's Day I feel so invisible. I also have heard Proverbs 31 a lot and it is often the sermon text for the day. Those who know the passage ever notice how busy this woman is and all her husband does is sit. :smile:

Well best to get myself to bed.

Naiomi2015 on a 60F night in Massachusetts

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    Options
    Heather-it sounds like you are having a great time at a beautiful spot!

Kerra - good for you not being tempted by those chips! It is nice to have you here.

Sylvia-it is hard to leave your babies behind at the kennel. They will be fine there. Have a fun trip.

TNToni - those darn garage doors! You have a wonderful husband.

PIP-does that mean it is your birthday? Happy birthday!

Michele - somebody has to get in the pool! It sounds like you have a good plan for the party. Bringing the spinach dip and vegetables is a very good idea.

Lisa from Vancouver- see how helpful everyone is on the site! Carey gave you a very nice screenshot!

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,295 Member
    Options
    Done my strength and weight training for the day. I brought my band and lighter weights, so I double up the weights in one hand. Did 30 mins and I know we will be walking today. It's cloudy so might not do Worms Head.
    It really is fabulously beautiful here. Lots of lambs all bleating, gorse on the hills, the most amazing sweep of beach and tiny white cottages. All protected by the National Trust, which we belong to. From our cottage we can see across the Bristol Channel to the North Devon coast. :D:D:D

Sylvia - you sound JUST like me before I go away. I was like that this time as well. I just keep telling myself I will love it when I get there and I always do. I have other friends who go through the same process. It's a pain, but I don't let it stop me going on holiday. I really, really, really didn't want to go away this time and had a very hard job getting packed and organised. Now I'm here I'm very happy and soooooo glad I came! ! ! :flowerforyou:

Speak later. <3

Heather in Captain Edgar Evans's birthplace (Joyce!) in the Gower Peninsular, Wales, UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,295 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Rhossili beach! Where we walked yesterday from the cottage. <3

btu6agf9162l.png

Heather in Wales UK :love:

(Even more amazing because I couldn't see the phone screen in the sunlight! ! ! !)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    morning kids~
    Sylvia have an awesome trip~
    Heather~ stunning views.. one of my favorite series of books is the James Herriot series, all creatures great and small and so on.. the way he described all of the beautiful countryside.. would love to be over there..
    I have no desire to see Europe, I only want to travel to see England,and Ireland....
    we were busy yesterday, and will be busy today.. my DSIL brought down a beautiful plant with a solar hummingbird on it. for Mother's day so sweet,
    It will be interesting to see if I hear from my children... I might just have to call my daughter
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies :flowerforyou:

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms of 2 legged children and 4 legged fur babies <3 , and all the women who have been like mothers to someone!!! Hope everyone enjoys their day!!!

Sylvia :) Barcelona is one of my favorite places, I know you'll enjoy yourself!!! We walked everywhere, got lots of exercise!!! The leather is superb there, and I will admit to bringing home lots of shoes :laugh: That was the first place I slept on linen sheets :love: , it spoiled me, that's still what I sleep on now!!! Have a marvelous time!!!

Heather :) Looks absolutely gorgeous, enjoy every minute of your holiday!

Janet :) I'm thinking about you, I see the storm swirling in your area, stay safe and hope the cruise is a smooth one!

Pip :) Happy Birthday to you :flowerforyou:

I have no more time this morning :'( ! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in beautiful NC
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Happy Mother's Day to all you losers as well as the past losers and future losers. I only skimmed the posts, as we are packing to drive to Charleston in the wind and rain. Ana won't slow us down, by golly. Actually I'm glad it came ashore so maybe the ocean will be calm for our cruise??? *wishin' and hopin'* I do wish all you lovely ladies a wonderful day and that someone will make it special for you.

My friend arrived from Milwaukee, Friday night and we have not shut up since she got here. I didn't realize it has been over 20 years since we had seen each other but we picked up as though it were yesterday. It is so nice to have friends like that in your life and I feel so privileged to get this opportunity to reunite and spend this time together. Her cancer has no cure but she is doing well, considering she has to have a two day Chemo every three weeks. She is just a special person with three wonderful kids that in their 40's still call me Aunt Janet. <3

You wonderful ladies will be in my thought even thought I might not post during the cruise. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you do the same for me.

Welcome to all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I wish you all a happy and healthy week ahead. <3

Thought for the day:

Being defeated is often a temporary condition.
    Giving up is what makes it permanent.
    Joseph Campbell

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    Options
    Happy Mothers Day everyone! Have a great day celebrating!

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day~ well the DH has a cold and is in a rotten mood, should be a swell day :s
    did take a couple of Heron things over to my 2 girlfriends that are Heron lovers too..
    I have to grocery shop and DH will wait in car, I dont like that, I feel pressured.. going to make BBQ pork in crock pot and cornbread for dinner for DH, will buy some salad fixins for me and have some chicken
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother`s day to all you moms
    hugs jane
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!

Meg: Try Wal-Mart for little dipper's.

Sylvia: Have a wonderful trip, it's always stressful getting ready but sure is fun once you're there!

Italy: What is the sleep monitoring telling you? I've often wondered how well I'm sleeping.

Michele: Just a thought don't they have tofu dogs or something like that you could take and have them cook for you (assuming they'll be bbqing)?

Naomi: Hope the bookmark works for you. I think it's time to reframe the day as "Beautiful Ladies Day" and remember how wonderful your Mom was and how fantastic her daughter is too!

Janet: I love your thought for the day. Hope you have a safe and fantastic cruise!

Grandmallie: I hope you have a wonderful day, be kind to yourself and take your time doing the grocery shopping.

I had a wonderful day yesterday. I've hired someone to give me a hand getting some of my documentation in order and when she arrived neither of us had lunch. So we went to a new restaurant and the food was just fantastic and so unique. I had a turkey cobb sandwich. The atmosphere was wonderful. We spent about 2 hours having lunch and chatting. She even picked up the tab! Then on the way home I was talking about trying a chicken curry recipe and she mentioned a spice store enroute so we stopped.

It was an Indian spice store Heather! There were so many different items to look at. I ended up buying 2 different curry spices one is called Rick's one is a Jamaican mix and I also bought green chilli chutney. I don't know what chutney is and I heard that green chili are milder than red. I need to expand my horizons somehow and I'm finding that variety is definitely the spice of life! After that we stopped at 3 different dollar stores looking for stickers and a large gift bag. All in all it was a wonderful day and I think I've found a friend!

I was able to surprise another friend with a slow cooker (same as mine) as she didn't have one and it did my heart good to see how overcome she was. That slow cooker was worth it's weight in gold!

Thought for the day: Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto. - Dale Carnegie

Have a wonderful day beautiful ladies!

Carey-Edmonton