Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kamber13
    kamber13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kamber13 wrote: »
    I'm currently living with someone I don't want to spend the rest of my life with and he wants to. He's arrogant and cruel to others. A small part of my motivation to get back in shape is to possibly begin a life with a man I've grown to really care for. A friend who is caring and more like me.

Why are you still with him? Dump him and find someone else. If he is like that with others he is likely like that with you too. Or will be. Life is too short to be with someone who makes you unhappy. You may not think you can but you can and will in the end be better for it.

I will absolutely leave when I'm financially able to. I do think people grow, but I've been involved in enough relationships to know there are fundamental traits people do not shake. I wrote this particular confession because I feel guilty that I stay here over temporary necessary knowing it won't be forever and actively planning a better life for myself. This is my personal less than quality trait.

Second confession: I eat a lot of roughage like cabbage and spinach and drink liters of water because I like the way it cleans you out... I hate feeling "full" with starches. I'm not sure this is healthy in the long run.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Today I had broccoli oven roasted for the first time, I always just usually boil it. It was bloody gorgeous! And then I mixed tuna with avocado for my sandwiches tomorrow instead of mayo. Also bloody delicious. How have I not eaten these things in this way before!
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Today I had broccoli oven roasted for the first time, I always just usually boil it. It was bloody gorgeous! And then I mixed tuna with avocado for my sandwiches tomorrow instead of mayo. Also bloody delicious. How have I not eaten these things in this way before!

Sounds so good! Just with some olive oil? Whenever I try roasting broccoli it always dries out , I'm not a very good cook!
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Of course there are salt n vinegar chips in the States! I don't like them though...

How dare you :p

Love salt and vinegar chips. Yum
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    hschnirel wrote: »

Sounds so good! Just with some olive oil? Whenever I try roasting broccoli it always dries out , I'm not a very good cook!

Yeah I just drizzled it with oil then added salt and pepper, in the over for about 20 mins. It was so much nicer than I expected!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Never heard "American cheddar." Cheddar is cheddar.

There is American cheese (those Kraft wrapped squares), but I wouldn't wave the flag for that stuff. ;-)

I wouldn't call it cheddar, either. There's a reason it says "cheese product" on the label ;)

I agree that it is not cheddar. I call it plastic cheese. I never have it in the house but They do make great grilled cheese sandwiches.
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Update: sicker than I've been in awhile. my wife & hung out on the couch & binge watched Season 7 of Sons of Anarchy...*kitten* just hit the fan with Gemma, lol.

NO SPOLIERS PLEASE

Loves that show.... I am sad it is done. I hope there a spinoff that focuses on what is next for the MC. I wont say nor because you are not quite finished yet.
    Unrelated but I heard on the radio Monday is National Eat Whatever You Want Day! For those in the US enjoy!

I thought that was everyday for Americans! J/K! I love you all :smile:

McDonald's chicken nuggets are so freaking good.

Agreed! I haven't had them in years. I am at the point that if I am going to have the extra calories eating out out I want something like curry or Thai
    hschnirel wrote: »

Yeah I just drizzled it with oil then added salt and pepper, in the over for about 20 mins. It was so much nicer than I expected!

I have to try this.

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I just ate some ice cream with a tiny spoon in honor of this thread :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Mmm good stuff!! I could eat avocado mixed with anything :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I agree that it is not cheddar. I call it plastic cheese. I never have it in the house but They do make great grilled cheese sandwiches.

My grilled cheese preference is swiss, and this reminds me that I haven't had a grilled cheese sandwich for over a year.

Also, I roast broccoli with olive oil, salt, and pepper all the time, and have to third (fourth, whatever) the recommendation. I don't always roast my veggies, but it's such a good cooking method. I pretty much never boil anything anymore. My mom boiled broccoli and cauliflower growing up, so it's not surprising I only liked them raw or covered with cheese.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

My grilled cheese preference is swiss, and this reminds me that I haven't had a grilled cheese sandwich for over a year.

Also, I roast broccoli with olive oil, salt, and pepper all the time, and have to third (fourth, whatever) the recommendation. I don't always roast my veggies, but it's such a good cooking method. I pretty much never boil anything anymore. My mom boiled broccoli and cauliflower growing up, so it's not surprising I only liked them raw or covered with cheese.

I had 500 calories the other day and figured it would be plenty for a grilled cheese... logged it all and it ended up being 520 calories or something, with those 65 calorie slices of bread and very light on the butter. Crazy. It's the cheese... and it's not filling at all, lol.

I admit I'm too lazy to roast veggies most of the time, which is a shame really because it's delicious. My main issue is that you have to wash them, but then they're wet and don't roast as well... so annoying.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I just ate some ice cream with a tiny spoon in honor of this thread :)

Yay for tiny spoons! ;) (I do believe I was the first to mention always eating desserts with the tiniest possible spoon...... So I'm pretending that this post is honoring me.) B)
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I eat an extra piece of chicken which I decided to by while shopping for "healthy" food. It was covered in chilli and so yummy. Had more chicken when I went home so my husband didn't find out. Now I'm too full. I ate at 6.45 and still am feeling full. Next time I will just say I don't want chicken.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

Mmmm...I love grilled cheese with Swiss and tomato soup.

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Confession: My dad got my mom, sister, and mother gift certificates for manicures and pedicures for Christmas.

For Mother's Day we took my mom out for a brunch buffet at a craft beer market (which was amazing and I completely ate more than I should). It was $25.95 per person and I paid for myself, my husband's and half of my mom's plus tip. Mom, sister, and I then went for manicures and pedicures using the gift certificates we got for Christmas.... Including my mom's. The way I look at it, it should be spending time with my mom and not the amount I spend on her. I think my mom was slightly offended for using her Christmas gift certificate though.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Confession: My dad got my mom, sister, and mother gift certificates for manicures and pedicures for Christmas.

For Mother's Day we took my mom out for a brunch buffet at a craft beer market (which was amazing and I completely ate more than I should). It was $25.95 per person and I paid for myself, my husband's and half of my mom's plus tip. Mom, sister, and I then went for manicures and pedicures using the gift certificates we got for Christmas.... Including my mom's. The way I look at it, it should be spending time with my mom and not the amount I spend on her. I think my mom was slightly offended for using her Christmas gift certificate though.

Been craving brunch buffets so badly, I avoid them, last time I went to one I probably ate 1200 calories and that was by restraining myself a LOT. So I'm stuck in the 'I really want to go but it's so bad for me' mentality...

For the manicures and pedicures, well, I guess it depends how it happened. If you invited her and asked her to use her gift certificate, well, yeah I would be offended too. If you just decided to go there together, it's not the same thing...

Confession - I don't really like mother's day because I feel I always have to plan what I want to do for it and it just completely defeats the purpose for me. Maybe when the kids are older it will be nicer... But at the same time, it's not really something we ever celebrated when I was growing up (in France) so it's not such a huge deal.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    I confess that today on zee mothers day I feel like the biggest pile of loser because I cant give my mom all the things she deserves. my little sister got her some expensive stuff and im just sitting here like "hi im your oldest daughter & also a total failure you are welcome" My mom is my everything and it hurts that im so *kitten* she deserves better than me

That's crazy. Your mother loves you and doesn't care if you bought her anything at all.

I'm just guessing because that's how I feel. ;)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Been craving brunch buffets so badly, I avoid them, last time I went to one I probably ate 1200 calories and that was by restraining myself a LOT. So I'm stuck in the 'I really want to go but it's so bad for me' mentality...

For the manicures and pedicures, well, I guess it depends how it happened. If you invited her and asked her to use her gift certificate, well, yeah I would be offended too. If you just decided to go there together, it's not the same thing...

Confession - I don't really like mother's day because I feel I always have to plan what I want to do for it and it just completely defeats the purpose for me. Maybe when the kids are older it will be nicer... But at the same time, it's not really something we ever celebrated when I was growing up (in France) so it's not such a huge deal.

Meh. I wouldn't be offended. I mean, I make more money than I need, it's not like I couldn't pay for my own mani/pedi. I'd just be happy to spend the day with loved ones.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My mom was too busy playing with her IPad to notice her presents.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I keep panicking at all these mother's day posts before remembering it was in March here. Seriously, I've done it about 4 times today.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Confession: There is a pattern of jumping all over posters,especially new ones-mocking their posts, questions because they think something is not possible etc. The way they speak to the posters are incredibly rude and alienating. I'm surprised if most of these people ever return to post something or continue with MFP, or logging food after the very "harsh" approach. Then there are the people that just complain that the OP's don't want to hear the truth when in fact it's the negative way people are responding making the OP obviously feel criticized and unsupported. So ya, that's my irritation confession. Makes me never want to ask any questions here.

Here's where this irritates me - there are trolls on this forum. Everyone knows there are trolls on this forum. The trolls flat out admit they are trolls. And even still, people will defend them, and pretend they actually mean well, or act like they've never seen the trolling, as if they've read everything the acct has posted, except for the times they're intentionally trying to start an argument. I'd rather people admit, "yeah, they're a troll, but they make me laugh, so I don't care," rather than act like they have some secret psychic knowledge into the motivations of people who are just "misunderstood."

The funniest troll I can remember is this account who said they weighed 600 pounds & ate like six sticks of butter, two large pizzas, 30-40 slices of cake, & a ton of other stuff that no one in their right mind would be able to eat & the number of people who were taking them seriously was astounding. I took them seriously until I read their food diary & knew it was someone who just put a bunch of random food entries in with multiple servings.

So I have read about trolls but never really understood what people were talking about. It's people that fake their their situation to see if people take the bait? Why? To spark fights? I don't get it.

Pretty much. There's some people who make up special accounts to post something they know will start a stink & then never respond again.

It's pretty funny they'll talk about the trolling on other forums.