Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I
    81Katz wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I did not enjoy the apple pie one, and it kind of broke my heart.

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Has anyone tried their protein powders yet? If so, what do you think of them?

http://blog.questnutrition.com/category/recipes/
    I grabbed two samples of protein powder, strawberry and peanut butter. Haven't tried the pb but strawberry was nice and foamy. I'd buy a tub if it weren't 40 dollars.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Ha, I remember trying to treat my mum on the last Mother's Day. It was a total fail from start to finish. She dislikes eating out or crowded places so I decided to do a night in, lots of scrummy take-away food, bought in a big chocolate-fudgey brownie tray thing that was probably a billion calories per bite and got her a epic film with Sean Bean (her favourite) which took me a day to find as she's seen nearly all his films, topped off with a card and some flowers.

Reality was that she'd made some slow cook casserole thing that morning and by the time I arrived, couldn't be persuaded towards take-away. The movie I found was one she'd watched on Netflix a couple of days before, forgetting that it was the one I'd suggested (on top of which, she didn't enjoy it). She flat out refused to eat even a nibble of the brownie pudding because she was on a diet and to top it all off, I realised belatedly that the card I had chosen for her said "To Mum" and then in tiny, silvery script below actually said "on your birthday."

So please, spare a thought for some of the poor Mother's Day failures out there who try hard and still can't seem to get it right.

I'm sorry! It was all your good intent (and time and effort) that matters! I hope she realizes it. We all make mistakes and have our downfalls. Too bad this did not workout the way you planned, but I give you an A+ for effort!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession:

I got weighed in the doctors today and didn't dread it for once. That right there is a shift in attitude that I am proud to have managed!

And I was down a pound, which doesn't really mean anything except I'd been stuck at a certain weight for 2 months and then I switch to maintenance and BAM there goes a pound.

So my super-helpful advice to breaking your never-ending plateau is first trimester queasiness. You're welcome.

Congratulations!!!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    My sister's kids are old enough to start helping around the house but she doesn't want them picking up anything that isn't there mess. She will tell people off it her kids come home and tell her they had to help put away groceries.

It's a big reason I don't offer to watch them or take them out more often. If I'm expected spend money on their food and a toy, you damn well better expect that I ask them to help around the house.

Totally not judging or anything but I'd probably address this with your sister (and maybe you have) but don't draw a line in the sand which will diminish the time you could be sharing with your n&n. In the end, you and the kids both lose.

Also, by what you described, it sounds like she's raising them to be self-centered? Sounds scary. Helping others is part of human nature!

If one of my kids has a friend over after school or for a sleepover, you can bet that friend is helping with dishes....or whatever chore my child (their friend) has to do that day.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    My sister's kids are old enough to start helping around the house but she doesn't want them picking up anything that isn't there mess. She will tell people off it her kids come home and tell her they had to help put away groceries.

It's a big reason I don't offer to watch them or take them out more often. If I'm expected spend money on their food and a toy, you damn well better expect that I ask them to help around the house.

Totally not judging or anything but I'd probably address this with your sister (and maybe you have) but don't draw a line in the sand which will diminish the time you could be sharing with your n&n. In the end, you and the kids both lose.

Also, by what you described, it sounds like she's raising them to be self-centered? Sounds scary. Helping others is part of human nature!

If one of my kids has a friend over after school or for a sleepover, you can bet that friend is helping with dishes....or whatever chore my child (their friend) has to do that day.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    K8T80 wrote: »
    How can we get this to be back to confessions??!?!? Should we just start another thread?

NOOOO! Don't start a new thread! Just confess to something. People will respond. There are lots of confessions still happening.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I confess, this thread has made me irrationally angry....or maybe I should eat something.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10158706/something-i-learned-to-avoid-carbs/p1

I saw that this morning and against my better judgment read through the whole thing and understand your reaction.

I confess the thread about how 120 lb women (or whatever) could and should too be losing 2 lbs per week if they weren't weak and lacking the mental discipline to eat at a 1000 calorie deficit while exercising hard is irritating the heck out of me.

I could be taking this personally as it hits my buttons some. ;-)

And that's an example of where the thread has little to do with the actual question the OP asked.

I thought the 120lb one was dumb. Obviously anyone could lose that way, but it's terrible for your body and the beginning of an ED. Starvation is not mental strength. The silly the about that thread is that if you were to state you were 120 and losing that way, you get a lot of "you to therapy, you do not have a sustainable goal" responses.
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession:

I got weighed in the doctors today and didn't dread it for once. That right there is a shift in attitude that I am proud to have managed!

And I was down a pound, which doesn't really mean anything except I'd been stuck at a certain weight for 2 months and then I switch to maintenance and BAM there goes a pound.

So my super-helpful advice to breaking your never-ending plateau is first trimester queasiness. You're welcome.

:smiley:
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Ha, I remember trying to treat my mum on the last Mother's Day. It was a total fail from start to finish. She dislikes eating out or crowded places so I decided to do a night in, lots of scrummy take-away food, bought in a big chocolate-fudgey brownie tray thing that was probably a billion calories per bite and got her a epic film with Sean Bean (her favourite) which took me a day to find as she's seen nearly all his films, topped off with a card and some flowers.

Reality was that she'd made some slow cook casserole thing that morning and by the time I arrived, couldn't be persuaded towards take-away. The movie I found was one she'd watched on Netflix a couple of days before, forgetting that it was the one I'd suggested (on top of which, she didn't enjoy it). She flat out refused to eat even a nibble of the brownie pudding because she was on a diet and to top it all off, I realised belatedly that the card I had chosen for her said "To Mum" and then in tiny, silvery script below actually said "on your birthday."

So please, spare a thought for some of the poor Mother's Day failures out there who try hard and still can't seem to get it right.

Ouch. Hopefully she was touched by your intentions.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    My daughter's stupid dog attacked a baby bunny in our backyard this morning. I'm SO over that little a-hole monster. If she didn't love him so much, he'd be gone. Mind you, he's a Chihuahua/minpin mix and he's far more vicious than my pit has EVER been.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    confession: I hoard the little peanut butter packets they give you when you go out for breakfast. They are the perfect portion for when I want peanut butter with my bananas lol
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Confessions- I ate out twice on Saturday, once on Sunday, and I am going out for lunch today. I am up a pound as of this morning.
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am having a (foil) packet of potatoes, red peppers, green peppers and yellow peppers cooked on the grill. Add a little sour cream and yum!

Yum!
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I'm sorry! It was all your good intent (and time and effort) that matters! I hope she realizes it. We all make mistakes and have our downfalls. Too bad this did not workout the way you planned, but I give you an A+ for effort!

You planned a lovely day!
  • ShareenaFulton
    ShareenaFulton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. While I think she did appreciate the gesture, I was still really miffed that things didn't go well. She's someone who rarely does anything nice for herself and who seems to actively make it hard for others to do the same. Mother's day along with her birthday and Christmas is the only time she'll really let her guard down a bit and won't complain too much, so I tend to try and make them good. Nothing too big or expensive though, or she'll flip out and then you just end up doing more harm than good. Can be a bit of a tight-rope. Nevermind, there is always next year. :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Honestly all this Mother's Day talk makes me sad that I never got that kind of relationship with my mom. All those facebook or twitters messages to the 'best mom ever' etc just reminded me that I would just never say that about mine... and I get a bit jealous. I'm also not sure my kids will ever say that about me as lately there's been more 'I hate you's' than anything else.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I am now going to bed irritated like I do nearly every single Mothers Day. :|
    Yeah, I did too. I don't want 'stuff'. All I ever want (and yes, I have expressed this previously) is something homemade/heartfelt. I loved it when they were little and made macaroni pictures or little photo frames at school. One of my treasured gifts was when my youngest painted a picture of me and the teacher framed them. I still have it on my wall.
    I was upset this year because nobody gave me a card. My husband made me feel like I was being bratty about it because they took me out for a nice lunch and to the bee farm.

At the risk of sounding terrible, I was slightly put out that my in-laws didn't really acknowledge that I was celebrating Mother's Day, too. We went to their house for lunch, got my mil a big box of chocolates, and nada for me. My mil has kind of set a precedent of making a big deal out of stuff, so it was weird to not even get a card from them. Obviously I'm not their mother, but isn't it strange to do it one year and not the next?

That would irritate me as well. I feel like the day is about mothers in general. It's almost like ignoring a shared birthday.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I didn't log any food (and there was a lot) this weekend, but I logged in for about 15 seconds on Saturday and Sunday just so I wouldn't lost my streak.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I laugh because I don't have to send my 'kids' to college or buy them a car. ;)

In the meantime they're free labor, though. Even better, when they're really little, they think folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher is actually fun :p

I haven't cleaned a bathroom or ran the vacuum in 15 years (the oldest is 31) my two youngest are 15 and 16. I am going to miss them when they move out in a couple of years. I will have to pay for a cleaning service. The older children's SOs rave about their cooking and house keeping abilities. I told the kids when I was raising them, I was teaching them life skills. I lied, I just taught them to do the jobs I didn't like. ;)

I'm still super far behind in this thread but this made me lol. I have 4 children and I always use the phrase "life skills" for things they will need to know to get through life and "life lessons" for truths everyone learns eventually... usually the hard way.

One day my 13 year old daughter said "how many of these life skills are there?' She was so hopeful that I was checking things off a list and eventually the list would be done so I would stop asking them to do things. :D

@IAmTheGlue I too am super far behind, but I felt I had to comment on this. Your 13 year old daughter and my 13 year old daughter sound like they're cut from the same cloth. This definitely sounds like something she'd say for sure. :smile:

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Unrelated but I heard on the radio Monday is National Eat Whatever You Want Day! For those in the US enjoy!

Or I call it, every day since Friday! It was a weekend of excess for sure.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Thanks everyone. While I think she did appreciate the gesture, I was still really miffed that things didn't go well. She's someone who rarely does anything nice for herself and who seems to actively make it hard for others to do the same. Mother's day along with her birthday and Christmas is the only time she'll really let her guard down a bit and won't complain too much, so I tend to try and make them good. Nothing too big or expensive though, or she'll flip out and then you just end up doing more harm than good. Can be a bit of a tight-rope. Nevermind, there is always next year. :smile:

Not to try to "diagnose" someone because I hate that. I'm not trained nor a professional, but from what you posted it sounds like she has a bit of a martyr thing going on. I always prefer the out-of-the-blue, complete surprises over the holiday, obligatory ones. Any chance of you doing something special for her "just because"? Just random and just because you want to? How do you think she'd take to that?