Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I didn't log any food (and there was a lot) this weekend, but I logged in for about 15 seconds on Saturday and Sunday just so I wouldn't lost my streak.

That happens to me on Sunday ALL the time! Sunday is usually laundry, clean up, and prep for the week, so no time to log or exercise. I had less than 4,000 steps yesterday!

While I had some things going on, I can't say I was super busy, so there's no real excuse other than I just didn't want to lol.

I kind of took a break from the internet overall this weekend, which was nice.
  • ShareenaFulton
    ShareenaFulton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Gah, sorry. Didn't mean to put the thread on a downer or anything. Lol. I hope I wasn't coming across as a "woe is me" or anything. It's not like that at all. The past is the past, I've learnt and moved on and I've got a great love and appreciation for my mum and my family due to it.

On a funnier confession: I buy these little bags of baby snack treats for my nephew when he comes round. I got him these apple cinnamon biscuit things that I thought he'd like. Last night I got a craving for something sweet but I try to keep anything like that out the house. So I grabbed a bag of these biscuits thinking "What the hell, they're only 70 calories a bag". They're bloody yummy! Long story short, my nephew came round to find four empty cookie bags and a bowl of grapes as his treat. I've reasoned it off as me ensuring he gets his five a day.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Spent the weekend coming to terms with the idea that I might not get under 200 ever again. Down another shirt size, legs still aren't budging. I need to look into getting a DEXA and see how much of what's there I can realistically do anything about.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I thought the 120lb one was dumb. Obviously anyone could lose that way, but it's terrible for your body and the beginning of an ED. Starvation is not mental strength. The silly the about that thread is that if you were to state you were 120 and losing that way, you get a lot of "you to therapy, you do not have a sustainable goal" responses.

You have a healthier attitude about it than me.

I've never really been neurotic about my weight before (it's how I got fat!), but that thread was part of what drove me over the edge to deciding it was time for a real diet break/maintenance period. Something about the whole "well, not everyone can do it but I'm tougher" thing tends to get under my skin--or has lately--and plays with my frustration at feeling stuck at 125 such that I start thinking "hmm, maybe I should aim for a more aggressive goal, maybe it's perfectly healthy and won't mess with my running and strength goals, blah blah, after all so and so says she can do it and I'm just as tough."

Not sensible, I know, in that just because I could doesn't mean I should, and I know that and have a reason for why I'm doing what I am.

But I get competitive or something, it's messed up.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My mom came over Saturday night and made this simple dinner that I loved as a kid. It's basically steak, potatoes, and spaghetti sauce with bouillon cooked for a few hours until the steak is super soft. I can't eat a large quantity of red meat ever since I got my gallbladder out, but think I ate 10 whole potatoes that night. I had more for lunch on Sunday. Definitely hitting my potassium goals. And going way over on calories.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Gah, sorry. Didn't mean to put the thread on a downer or anything. Lol. I hope I wasn't coming across as a "woe is me" or anything. It's not like that at all. The past is the past, I've learnt and moved on and I've got a great love and appreciation for my mum and my family due to it.

On a funnier confession: I buy these little bags of baby snack treats for my nephew when he comes round. I got him these apple cinnamon biscuit things that I thought he'd like. Last night I got a craving for something sweet but I try to keep anything like that out the house. So I grabbed a bag of these biscuits thinking "What the hell, they're only 70 calories a bag". They're bloody yummy! Long story short, my nephew came round to find four empty cookie bags and a bowl of grapes as his treat. I've reasoned it off as me ensuring he gets his five a day.

When my kids were younger and still ate baby snacks, I discovered that the Garden Tomato flavored Gerber Lil' Crunchies were pretty delicious. My husband was like "are they really eating all of these so fast?". And I was all nonchalant... "yeah, they really love them. Get some more on your way home, ok?"
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I've got to get up at 5am tomorrow and I'm away with work for the next 3 days. I know there is no way I'm going to be sticking to my goal. But I figure it's only three days, how much damage can I possibly do?? :#
  • brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Honestly all this Mother's Day talk makes me sad that I never got that kind of relationship with my mom. All those facebook or twitters messages to the 'best mom ever' etc just reminded me that I would just never say that about mine... and I get a bit jealous. I'm also not sure my kids will ever say that about me as lately there's been more 'I hate you's' than anything else.

They're 7! They don't really say the hate you do they?

All the time! They started at 4...

Soap in the mouth! It works!

AHHHH NO SOAP! My parents used to do this to me growing up, so gross!

I used hot sauce. Just a tiny bit on a teaspoon...it kind of backfired though, they all love spicy food now. LOL.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have "only" lost about 7 pounds in the last few months, but have seen a very noticeable difference in the way my clothes fit (including being down TWO pants sizes), so something is definitely working. I get so annoyed with not seeing the scale move faster - even though I KNOW that's not the "important" thing - that I end up sabotaging myself, gaining a couple pounds of water weight, and having to take that off before I can lose actual fat again.

Logically, I know I'm doing just fine and should calm the hell down, but unfortunately I'm not a Vulcan, so that accounts for exactly zilch.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have "only" lost about 7 pounds in the last few months, but have seen a very noticeable difference in the way my clothes fit (including being down TWO pants sizes), so something is definitely working. I get so annoyed with not seeing the scale move faster - even though I KNOW that's not the "important" thing - that I end up sabotaging myself, gaining a couple pounds of water weight, and having to take that off before I can lose actual fat again.

Logically, I know I'm doing just fine and should calm the hell down, but unfortunately I'm not a Vulcan, so that accounts for exactly zilch.

Bwahahaha!

I am actually up 10ish pounds (not on purpose) but my clothes fit the same. I'm hoping when I get back on track with food, I'll actually drop a size.
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Double, double
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I don't think I ever want another dog again. Mine barks all day long at everything (thankfully we have a pretty quiet street or I can't even imagine) and drives me INSANE. And he'll destroy every tissue or paper or toilet paper roll he can get his paws on. And he hates dogs and might attack them so I don't even dare walking him. I'm so over dogs.

I had the greatest black lab ever. He lived to 15, and he was one of the smartest dogs I've ever known. If he barked, you knew something was up. He was my best buddy. When he died in '07 it absolutely devastated me. I was a wreck.

My confession is, I can't bring myself to get another dog. The reason being, although I've known a few great dogs,

I've known TONS of stupid, aggressive, loud, clumsy, disobedient, destructive, smelly, just plain dumb dogs. And if I got a dumb one, I'd resent the hell out of him.

• quiksylver296
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I don't think I ever want another dog again. Mine barks all day long at everything (thankfully we have a pretty quiet street or I can't even imagine) and drives me INSANE. And he'll destroy every tissue or paper or toilet paper roll he can get his paws on. And he hates dogs and might attack them so I don't even dare walking him. I'm so over dogs.

I had the greatest black lab ever. He lived to 15, and he was one of the smartest dogs I've ever known. If he barked, you knew something was up. He was my best buddy. When he died in '07 it absolutely devastated me. I was a wreck.

My confession is, I can't bring myself to get another dog. The reason being, although I've known a few great dogs,

I've known TONS of stupid, aggressive, loud, clumsy, disobedient, destructive, smelly, just plain dumb dogs. And if I got a dumb one, I'd resent the hell out of him.

I'm the same way. Our current dog is smart, mellow and quiet. When she dies, I don't want another cuz I don't want stuck with a stupid, barky, spazzy dog.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

I understand this. Our dog is the sweetest, gentlest, kindest dog there is. We have a bunch of dogs in the extended family that come and stay from time to time, and they all annoy me, even though I love them.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Confession - for some unknown reason I've been getting the Rachel Ray magazine in the mail. Currently literally drooling over the latest issue.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Confession: I drank an entire bottle of wine last night and forced it to fit my calories by putting half into today.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Honestly all this Mother's Day talk makes me sad that I never got that kind of relationship with my mom. All those facebook or twitters messages to the 'best mom ever' etc just reminded me that I would just never say that about mine... and I get a bit jealous. I'm also not sure my kids will ever say that about me as lately there's been more 'I hate you's' than anything else.

They're 7! They don't really say the hate you do they?

All the time! They started at 4...

No worries. My kids used to say it when they were little too. They grew out of it when they got older. I didn't really hear that from them as teenagers. My response was always. "You don't have to like me, but you have to do as I say"
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My daughter's stupid dog attacked a baby bunny in our backyard this morning. I'm SO over that little a-hole monster. If she didn't love him so much, he'd be gone. Mind you, he's a Chihuahua/minpin mix and he's far more vicious than my pit has EVER been.

Years of running has taught me that the dogs that are more likely to bite you are the little annoying yappy dogs. The big dogs usually just want to join me. Lol
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Here's my confession: Mother's Day was a bust for me. I actually wound up buying my son a phone yesterday. We didn't make the 4 hr drive to see my mom. And my daughter texted me happy Mother's Day in the afternoon when she realized it wasn't next week. (I suspect my mom reminded her)

Today, I was off work because a contractor was supposed to come and do some work in the family room. He was a no-show so I went to the store and bought and ate all the things. Like that's really hurting anybody besides myself. Ugh.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I understand this. Our dog is the sweetest, gentlest, kindest dog there is. We have a bunch of dogs in the extended family that come and stay from time to time, and they all annoy me, even though I love them.

Every one else's dogs annoy me after a while lol. Everybody has different behaviors they can tolerate that other people can't. My friend has a Beagle and I know I could never handle one. But I also know that my dog, who is "perfect" to me could likely drive other people crazy lol.

Picking a breed that suits your family (a general "your") is important. Knowing what you want/don't want in a dog will help you narrow your choices. (Example: I couldn't personally handle hounds, but Shiba Inus are perfect for me.)

You could also foster dogs for a bit until you find one that you connect with.