Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I just realised I never heard from my step-daughter for Mother's Day. I don't know if I'm bothered or not.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    jnr007 wrote: »
    Confession, bought iced oatmeal cookies (the soft and chewy kind *drool*) my kids later asked for a few. I lied and said I couldn't find them and we must've left them at the store. In truth, I ate the whole package while cooking dinner. Not like I meant to, I looked down and thought hmm, a few won't hurt since I'm not eating the dinner I fixed. Went to put them away and surprise, surprise it was empty. :neutral:

What's an iced oatmeal cookie?
    8272.jpeg

Since it mentions the soft ones, I'm guessing Archway?

Oh! Right. I was thinking of an ice cream cookie thing or something. Duh.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

The only reason I've even heard of that is Big Bang Theory! Love that show!

I had heard of Schrödinger's cat before Big Bang Theory but it was Sheldon who taught me what it was. Sheldon has taught me many things. Interesting fact, did you know the actor that plays Sheldon is 40! That man has aged well.

So I have to ask (and sorry if someone explained it and I missed it) what is this cat thing?

I didn't see anyone respond to this, but apologies if they did!

To over-simplify, it's the belief that until an action occurs, both possible outcomes exist equally. The "experiement" is that if you put a cat in a box with a vial of poison that will at some undetermined point in time break open and kill the cat, the cat is BOTH alive and dead until you open the box. Opening the box is what determines if it is in fact alive or dead, eliminating the other possibility.

It's kind of like the butterfly effect (NOT the terrible movie), which more people seem to understand.

That makes zero sense to me and is twisted. Put the scientist that invented that in the box. Not the harmless cat. We could use a few less scientists.

It's a hypothetical, you don't use a real cat.

I know I was being facetious. ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Today I had broccoli oven roasted for the first time, I always just usually boil it. It was bloody gorgeous! And then I mixed tuna with avocado for my sandwiches tomorrow instead of mayo. Also bloody delicious. How have I not eaten these things in this way before!

Mmm good stuff!! I could eat avocado mixed with anything :)

I have been wanting to try avocado lattely, never have and not sure what to do with it!

Guacamole!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I drank enough prune juice to kill a Klingon but nothing moved. I think I'm going to explode.

I know you are probably uncomfortable but I laughed so hard lol :D:D
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I am now going to bed irritated like I do nearly every single Mothers Day. :|

I'm sorry! Why?

Because my family sucks sometimes lol

My daughter, whom oddly enough is the one that causes me the most stress by far, normally does good for Mothers Day, like yesterday,.....she doesn't have any money really right now cuz she just finished her Uni year and started work today, but she made me a nice homemade card and put 10 little hearts with vouchers in it for things like foot rubs, laundry service, baked goods etc. I LOVED it.

My son, who is 17, and I still get up nearly every morning to see him off to school, and cook HOT food for him at 7am.....plus because he works a LOT and goes to school full time, plus other things, I do a lot for him that kid's his age do on their own like laundry and I always make sure there is hot food for him before/after work/school etc. He, got me a piece of cheese cake he brought home from his work late last night. I was upset that he did not get me a card mostly, because I feel his gifts are never heartfelt, and I have told him this before. His reply is "Well, you know I love you." I do not doubt he does, and he is a great kid, like seriously, my friends tell me all the time they would love a kid like him, he is hard working (and a good saver, which is odd for a kid his age, he has been working since he was 9 and routinely lends his sister money cuz she is terrible.....we always joke that by the time he is done Uni he will have saved enough money to buy a small island), he is a great student, and I never have to ground him or anything, like literally never. But it is upsetting to me that he could not take the time to write me a card.

My SO, is the WORST out of the group. We have the same argument nearly every year. Again, I will say overall, my SO is wonderful. We almost never fight and he is very good about doing nearly all the cooking and cleaning when he is here (which is only on weekends, and not every one), never once has he ever yelled at me, called me a name, or said something nasty to me. He is loving and affectionate, and a great handy man, does everything from household repairs to hand washing laundry and sewing. However, I am lucky to get "Happy Mothers Day" said to me, or any holiday really. Some years I have gotten small gifts, and to be quite frank, most of them sucked, like he does not know me at all. But it is not about the money, I would be happy with a card, again, and a small token like a movie ticket or something. The worst part is, like I said, we go over this every single year, and it's like by the next time, it never crosses his mind again.

Then I go to work the next day, and 500 people will say things like "Oh, I bet your family spoiled you", or talking about what their families did. Yes, yes I was spoiled, I got a piece of cheesecake :|

It is just disappointing that they never learn how I feel. Like I have said in other posts, my mother was a huge *kitten*, so I try really hard to be a good mother, and it hurts my feelings because I feel like they do not care.

End of rant!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I did not enjoy the apple pie one, and it kind of broke my heart.

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Has anyone tried their protein powders yet? If so, what do you think of them?

http://blog.questnutrition.com/category/recipes/

I love all their protein powders, they taste awesome!
  • annette_15
    Options
    I confess that I'm actually delighted when I find myself 20 pages behind, unlike many others here who hate falling behind on the thread. It gives me a lot of reading to do while I slack off on housework... ;)

YES Me too!! I love when I have catching up to do!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My gym partner works later than I do, so I usually have to wait at the gym for 20-25 minutes for her to arrive. Lately we've just been doing lifting workouts, but I asked if she wanted to do some cardio today. She said okay. Secretly I was hoping she'd say no so I could go in early and run by myself. (She would be mad if I'd just gone in early without asking her if she wanted to run too)

My confession is that I'm selfish and I get sick of having to do everything on everyone else's schedules.

Why can't you just start and then she join you? I think it is pretty silly on her part to expect you to just sit around at the gym waiting for her to show up when you could be utilizing your time there.....
  • annette_15
    Options
    My mom came over Saturday night and made this simple dinner that I loved as a kid. It's basically steak, potatoes, and spaghetti sauce with bouillon cooked for a few hours until the steak is super soft. I can't eat a large quantity of red meat ever since I got my gallbladder out, but think I ate 10 whole potatoes that night. I had more for lunch on Sunday. Definitely hitting my potassium goals. And going way over on calories.

That sounds really good!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

I had heard of Schrödinger's cat before Big Bang Theory but it was Sheldon who taught me what it was. Sheldon has taught me many things. Interesting fact, did you know the actor that plays Sheldon is 40! That man has aged well.

So I have to ask (and sorry if someone explained it and I missed it) what is this cat thing?

To over-simplify, it's the belief that until an action occurs, both possible outcomes exist equally. The "experiement" is that if you put a cat in a box with a vial of poison that will at some undetermined point in time break open and kill the cat, the cat is BOTH alive and dead until you open the box. Opening the box is what determines if it is in fact alive or dead, eliminating the other possibility.

It's kind of like the butterfly effect (NOT the terrible movie), which more people seem to understand.

That makes zero sense to me and is twisted. Put the scientist that invented that in the box. Not the harmless cat. We could use a few less scientists.

I love it! Well said.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Someone tried to shoot George Zimmerman

My confession of the day is I am really, REALLY sad that it missed him.......
  • Oberon21
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I am now going to bed irritated like I do nearly every single Mothers Day. :|

I'm sorry! Why?

Because my family sucks sometimes lol

My daughter, whom oddly enough is the one that causes me the most stress by far, normally does good for Mothers Day, like yesterday,.....she doesn't have any money really right now cuz she just finished her Uni year and started work today, but she made me a nice homemade card and put 10 little hearts with vouchers in it for things like foot rubs, laundry service, baked goods etc. I LOVED it.

My son, who is 17, and I still get up nearly every morning to see him off to school, and cook HOT food for him at 7am.....plus because he works a LOT and goes to school full time, plus other things, I do a lot for him that kid's his age do on their own like laundry and I always make sure there is hot food for him before/after work/school etc. He, got me a piece of cheese cake he brought home from his work late last night. I was upset that he did not get me a card mostly, because I feel his gifts are never heartfelt, and I have told him this before. His reply is "Well, you know I love you." I do not doubt he does, and he is a great kid, like seriously, my friends tell me all the time they would love a kid like him, he is hard working (and a good saver, which is odd for a kid his age, he has been working since he was 9 and routinely lends his sister money cuz she is terrible.....we always joke that by the time he is done Uni he will have saved enough money to buy a small island), he is a great student, and I never have to ground him or anything, like literally never. But it is upsetting to me that he could not take the time to write me a card.

My SO, is the WORST out of the group. We have the same argument nearly every year. Again, I will say overall, my SO is wonderful. We almost never fight and he is very good about doing nearly all the cooking and cleaning when he is here (which is only on weekends, and not every one), never once has he ever yelled at me, called me a name, or said something nasty to me. He is loving and affectionate, and a great handy man, does everything from household repairs to hand washing laundry and sewing. However, I am lucky to get "Happy Mothers Day" said to me, or any holiday really. Some years I have gotten small gifts, and to be quite frank, most of them sucked, like he does not know me at all. But it is not about the money, I would be happy with a card, again, and a small token like a movie ticket or something. The worst part is, like I said, we go over this every single year, and it's like by the next time, it never crosses his mind again.

Then I go to work the next day, and 500 people will say things like "Oh, I bet your family spoiled you", or talking about what their families did. Yes, yes I was spoiled, I got a piece of cheesecake :|

It is just disappointing that they never learn how I feel. Like I have said in other posts, my mother was a huge *kitten*, so I try really hard to be a good mother, and it hurts my feelings because I feel like they do not care.

End of rant!

I am sorry! Why don't you try getting your husband and son a piece of cheesecake or something on a birthday or Father's Day and basically say you were just returning the favor. Maybe it will sink in?
  • annette_15
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I was never a soda drinker and definitely not a diet soda drinker. I always thought it was gross. A few weeks ago I got a craving for something carbonated so I had a diet soda. Then I had another. Now I'm wanting one every day, for the purpose that it alleviates my hunger and takes my mind off of eating for awhile. I have a hard time breaking habits so I'm a little worried. Nothing wrong with diet soda but I would rather not be drinking it every day and using it to stave off hunger.

I dont see anything wrong with it, I like my diet sodas *shrug*
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Schroedinger's cat is a thought experiment, and was devised by Schroedinger as a 'ridiculous' example of a quandry of that type to be considered in a discussion on quantum mechanics and the potential existence of alternate realities. No one ever put a cat in a box.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Schroedinger's cat is a thought experiment, and was devised by Schroedinger as a 'ridiculous' example of a quandry of that type to be considered in a discussion on quantum mechanics and the potential existence of alternate realities. No one ever put a cat in a box.

I know that, I think pofoster said she did too.

I just loved what she said.

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    One of my work colleagues has a t-shirt with "Hello Schrody" on it (in the Hello Kitty font) and a cute picture of a box with a cat's tail.

tl;dr, I work with nerds and it's AWESOME.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Hey now. I'm a scientist. I'm not a bad person. I'm working hard to contribute to the good health of both the environment and the people of this world. :)

It is an over simplified explanation. No cats were harmed it was just a way to explain a challenging concept.

A side note is I don't watch big bang theory but my kids do. I have been told by them and by my boyfriend and by a total stranger that I have some strong resemblances to a character called Bernadette. I think that was the name.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I just realised I never heard from my step-daughter for Mother's Day. I don't know if I'm bothered or not.

Don't be bothered. Life is too short. :)
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Hey now. I'm a scientist. I'm not a bad person. I'm working hard to contribute to the good health of both the environment and the people of this world. :)

It is an over simplified explanation. No cats were harmed it was just a way to explain a challenging concept.

A side note is I don't watch big bang theory but my kids do. I have been told by them and by my boyfriend and by a total stranger that I have some strong resemblances to a character called Bernadette. I think that was the name.

Ah. I see you were joking. I can't edit my first answer on my phone for some reason. :smiley: