You have 415 calories left for the day and you have to eat fast food....

Options

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    kailakrush wrote: »
    What do you get?

I wouldn't eat anything from there. Granted I have cheat meals, but I try to stay away from processed food. Just from cutting out soda and fast food, I lost an inch off my waist. With calisthenics added, I lost an extra 1.5"

I always look at fast food and other processed food as a step backward. Instead of stopping by a fast food place I would go to a grocery store, Walgreens, CVS, whatever, and grab something healthier. Remember that being fit is a lifestyle choice. Yo-yo dieting in the long run isn't effective and a majority of people gain their weight back.

WTH are you going to find heathy/unprocessed at Walgreens or CVS? It's a pharmacy/general merchandise store...at best you're going to find...gasp...boxed and prepackaged convenience foods - probably not as filling per serving as a burger from MCD's and a lot more expensive.....
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My fiance likes to grab cheeseburgers from mcdonalds sometimes and on those occasions I order a sante fe wrap. 490 cals. It's high in cals and fat but at least I'm getting some veggies. That's what I tell myself. XD
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    What do you get?

I wouldn't eat anything from there. Granted I have cheat meals, but I try to stay away from processed food. Just from cutting out soda and fast food, I lost an inch off my waist. With calisthenics added, I lost an extra 1.5"

I always look at fast food and other processed food as a step backward. Instead of stopping by a fast food place I would go to a grocery store, Walgreens, CVS, whatever, and grab something healthier. Remember that being fit is a lifestyle choice. Yo-yo dieting in the long run isn't effective and a majority of people gain their weight back.

sigh ..there is always one….

what does eating fast food on occasion have ego do with yo yo dieting? Talk about ridiculous comparisons…

What if you are traveling for business and don't have time to stop at a grocery store? Did you ever consider that peoples lives are not a mirror image of yours?

geez….

oh and processed food is a "step back"…pretty sure all food is processed on some level, so I guess all food is a step back….

I think we hit bingo in this one reply….

While, it is good to think out of the box and consider your options (such as a grocery store instead of fast food), I would argue that for most people the lifestyle choice that is most sustainable is a flexible one that allows you to eat various types of foods and places and still be on track.

what is so bad about fast food every once in a while?

what matters ithe overall diet and hitting macros/micros. So if you are in a bind one day and hit up mcdonalds but the rest of your day was nutrient dense, what difference does it make?

And when I am driving through southern MS on a business trip, I don't want to stop at the local walmart to eat, which may be 20 miles off the exit….

I was actually writing in response to the person you quoted. So basically, I'm agreeing with you.

hmmm OK, it is kind of confusing when you quote me as if you are responding to me and then seem to be agreeing wit the other poster….
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    What do you get?

what does eating fast food on occasion have ego do with yo yo dieting? Talk about ridiculous comparisons…

What if you are traveling for business and don't have time to stop at a grocery store? Did you ever consider that peoples lives are not a mirror image of yours?

geez….

oh and processed food is a "step back"…pretty sure all food is processed on some level, so I guess all food is a step back….

While, it is good to think out of the box and consider your options (such as a grocery store instead of fast food), I would argue that for most people the lifestyle choice that is most sustainable is a flexible one that allows you to eat various types of foods and places and still be on track.

what matters ithe overall diet and hitting macros/micros. So if you are in a bind one day and hit up mcdonalds but the rest of your day was nutrient dense, what difference does it make?

And when I am driving through southern MS on a business trip, I don't want to stop at the local walmart to eat, which may be 20 miles off the exit….

I was actually writing in response to the person you quoted. So basically, I'm agreeing with you.

hmmm OK, it is kind of confusing when you quote me as if you are responding to me and then seem to be agreeing wit the other poster….

LOL, I could see how that would be confusing. Hmm, I wonder if my post is saying much at all if it can be interpreted either way.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    It depends - if I still have to eat dinner and it has to be fast food I would do 3 Taco Bell Fresco Chicken Soft tacos and then walk a bit to make up the 5 calories over (and because their calorie count could be off due to variations in making them). If I have had all three meals and still have 415 (which is more likely) I would go for some sort of small ice cream treat - I saw someone mentioned culvers above, that sounds good.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    pizzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Depends on my macros. Do I have carbs left? Fat? Protein? I would go grilled chicken salad usually but it depends where I am lacking.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What do you get?

geez….

LOL, I could see how that would be confusing. Hmm, I wonder if my post is saying much at all if it can be interpreted either way.

I think it's pretty clear you agreed with him. You: flexible lifestyle choices, etc. Him: business travel precluding grocery store shopping, etc.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    4 pages of comments and not one person said Burger King Chicken Fries. 380 cals for a 9 piece. My fav!
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    big mac, no special sauce, small fry

What sort of heathen are you that you can eat big macs without the special sauce????
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Wow. Some of you know your fast food stuffs. Now I kind of want to try something.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    JordisTSM wrote: »

What sort of heathen are you that you can eat big macs without the special sauce????

I think its gross…if that makes me a heathen then so be it….
  • arditarose
    Options

Between this and the caramel cookie crunch. I dunno man!

J/k I like that one too
  • rickyjones1848
    rickyjones1848 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hardee's cheeseburger. It's a decent sized burger and cheap, too.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

J/k I like that one too

am I losing it???????????

lol
  • Malasaurus
    Malasaurus Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'd probably just go home and continue to not eat fast food for the day.
  • arditarose
    Options

J/k I like that one too

lol

lol people giving you a hard time
  • arditarose
    Options
    Malasaurus wrote: »
    I go home and continue to not eat fast food for the day.

well la-ti-da
  • arditarose
    Options

J/k I like that one too

lol

lol people giving you a hard time.
  • Malasaurus
    Malasaurus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Malasaurus wrote: »
    I go home and continue to not eat fast food for the day.

well la-ti-da

Well, they asked? That's honestly what I would probably do. It's a valid answer. I don't like fast food that much.