You have 415 calories left for the day and you have to eat fast food....

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    big mac, no special sauce, small fry
    Too expensive to order as a big mac, and you get an extra half slice bread (which I don't particularly enjoy), for no reason!

Replace BigMac with McDouble. Same meat. Same cheese. Less bun. Add lettuce. Add tomato (if so inclined). Add red onions (if so inclined) to turn into a more crunchy/real burger. Extra mustard and ketchup if you feel up to it too!

All this comes in at around 370 Cal; still under 400 Cal even with the extras, and around $2 in total.
    33g (to 38g with the extras) carbs, 17g fat, 21g protein, 880mg sodium.

If you ditch the slice of cheese and order it as a double hamburger, you "save" about 50Cal (2g carb, 3g fat, 3g protein, and 210mg sodium) and pay the $ame (Greater Vancouver prices.

Whether you pay $1.69 or up to $2.29 depends on which restaurant you go to and whether (and how much) they charge for the tomato slice and the leaf lettuce).

If money is no object you could get a Subway (chopped) Salad with one Scoop of Egg Salad as your "meat" and no other dressing and no cheese. That would come in at about 210 Cal (but in reality about 250, I think). And a small Wendy's Chili for 210 Cal. Again sodium would be up to about 1100mg between them :smile:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    A Big Mac with no sauce or cheese is 390.
    I've never had a Big Mac. It's just 2 patties separated by another layer of bread, right? I'm trying to figure out how that is 30 calories lower than the Quarter Pounder with no cheese. The QP has more protein and fat and fewer carbs I guess. The patties must be different sizes. I thought that the BM used two QP patties.
    The Big Mac uses two regular meat patties. They used to be 1.6oz each. I think their current cooked weight is 1.2oz (or they've grown smaller over the years). The quarter pounder is 4oz. the buns are different too :smiley:

It is less expensive if you don't want the thousand island dressing big mac sauce (and the triple decker bun) to just order a double hamburger (i.e. no "cheese"), or MacDouble (1 slice "cheese"), or double cheeseburger (two "cheese" slices). All three use the same bun.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Panera Power Chicken Bowl
  • haibu
    haibu Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    McDonald's hamburger (not a 1/4 pounder, just a hamburger) and kids' fries. You'll be under budget.

Nice.

Also, six nuggets and a side salad?
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I'd remain calorie negative.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Trick question, I have 485 calories left. But I'm making up for the weekend.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Chickfila 12 grilled nuggets (210), side salad(80) with honey mustard dressing (45) and a large diet lemonade (35-40 can't remember). Total 365-370 calories.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Ugh....i'd prob eat a frozen TV din from the store instead lol. If you're doing a take-out drive thru, why not go to Panera Bread & get a sammy from them or another restr that does To Go orders.
  • vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Moes streaker salad with no rice, little bit of black beans. Tofu, mushrooms, peppers, pico, ton of lettuce, cucumbers, salsa, guac, Take 6 big tortilla chips out and toss the rest (or u know what happens....)
  • DrunkInAGolfCart
    DrunkInAGolfCart Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If a Chocolate fudge Sunday at McD's is in the vicinity of 415 calories then that's what I'd pick.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    big mac, no special sauce, small fry
    Too expensive to order as a big mac, and you get an extra half slice bread (which I don't particularly enjoy), for no reason!

Replace BigMac with McDouble. Same meat. Same cheese. Less bun. Add lettuce. Add tomato (if so inclined). Add red onions (if so inclined) to turn into a more crunchy/real burger. Extra mustard and ketchup if you feel up to it too!

All this comes in at around 370 Cal; still under 400 Cal even with the extras, and around $2 in total.
    33g (to 38g with the extras) carbs, 17g fat, 21g protein, 880mg sodium.

If you ditch the slice of cheese and order it as a double hamburger, you "save" about 50Cal (2g carb, 3g fat, 3g protein, and 210mg sodium) and pay the $ame (Greater Vancouver prices.

Whether you pay $1.69 or up to $2.29 depends on which restaurant you go to and whether (and how much) they charge for the tomato slice and the leaf lettuce).

If money is no object you could get a Subway (chopped) Salad with one Scoop of Egg Salad as your "meat" and no other dressing and no cheese. That would come in at about 210 Cal (but in reality about 250, I think). And a small Wendy's Chili for 210 Cal. Again sodium would be up to about 1100mg between them :smile:

@PAV8888 You know your stuff, and I find this VERY useful! I love a burger every now and again, and I’ll remember this :smile: Thanks!!
  • NoXcusesFit
    NoXcusesFit Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What do you get?

I wouldn't eat anything from there. Granted I have cheat meals, but I try to stay away from processed food. Just from cutting out soda and fast food, I lost an inch off my waist. With calisthenics added, I lost an extra 1.5"

I always look at fast food and other processed food as a step backward. Instead of stopping by a fast food place I would go to a grocery store, Walgreens, CVS, whatever, and grab something healthier. Remember that being fit is a lifestyle choice. Yo-yo dieting in the long run isn't effective and a majority of people gain their weight back.
  • MelissaKarnes
    MelissaKarnes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd probably go with a couple chicken tacos from el pollo loco.... or the bbq charbroiled chicken sandwich from carl's jr. :) mmmm... now i'm hungry!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    2 slices of Skinny Beach pizza at Pizza Hut
    Regular hamburger and side salad at McDonald's
    junior burger at Sonic
    6" Italian BMT sub at Subway
    Local Mexican place... Half of the Chicken fajita quesadilla
    Local Chinese place... Chicken fried rice or kung pao chicken
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    kailakrush wrote: »
    What do you get?

I wouldn't eat anything from there. Granted I have cheat meals, but I try to stay away from processed food. Just from cutting out soda and fast food, I lost an inch off my waist. With calisthenics added, I lost an extra 1.5"

I always look at fast food and other processed food as a step backward. Instead of stopping by a fast food place I would go to a grocery store, Walgreens, CVS, whatever, and grab something healthier. Remember that being fit is a lifestyle choice. Yo-yo dieting in the long run isn't effective and a majority of people gain their weight back.

sigh ..there is always one….

what does eating fast food on occasion have ego do with yo yo dieting? Talk about ridiculous comparisons…

What if you are traveling for business and don't have time to stop at a grocery store? Did you ever consider that peoples lives are not a mirror image of yours?

geez….

oh and processed food is a "step back"…pretty sure all food is processed on some level, so I guess all food is a step back….

I think we hit bingo in this one reply….
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    What do you get?

what does eating fast food on occasion have ego do with yo yo dieting? Talk about ridiculous comparisons…

What if you are traveling for business and don't have time to stop at a grocery store? Did you ever consider that peoples lives are not a mirror image of yours?

geez….

oh and processed food is a "step back"…pretty sure all food is processed on some level, so I guess all food is a step back….

While, it is good to think out of the box and consider your options (such as a grocery store instead of fast food), I would argue that for most people the lifestyle choice that is most sustainable is a flexible one that allows you to eat various types of foods and places and still be on track.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    What do you get?

I'm successfully maintaining an almost 60lb loss, am fit and healthy (blood panels are excellent, blood pressure great, no health issues etc), and I eat fast food all the time (had Taco Bell AND Arbys today). Eating fast food does not equal yo-yo dieting, confused as to why you would think that?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Ugh....i'd prob eat a frozen TV din from the store instead lol. If you're doing a take-out drive thru, why not go to Panera Bread & get a sammy from them or another restr that does To Go orders.

Assuming there is one nearby. They are not as common as McD, BK, or Wendy's. The closest one to me is almost 45 minutes away, and I have to make a special trip to that area, it's not my normal place to go.

That said the Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich is 290 calories for a 1/2 sandwich. There is a Mediterranean Chicken Salad that is about 295 calories for the 1/2 salad. Both are very yummy. The salad is more filling than the sandwich.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    What do you get?

geez….

While, it is good to think out of the box and consider your options (such as a grocery store instead of fast food), I would argue that for most people the lifestyle choice that is most sustainable is a flexible one that allows you to eat various types of foods and places and still be on track.

what is so bad about fast food every once in a while?

what matters ithe overall diet and hitting macros/micros. So if you are in a bind one day and hit up mcdonalds but the rest of your day was nutrient dense, what difference does it make?

And when I am driving through southern MS on a business trip, I don't want to stop at the local walmart to eat, which may be 20 miles off the exit….
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    What do you get?

geez….

what is so bad about fast food every once in a while?

what matters ithe overall diet and hitting macros/micros. So if you are in a bind one day and hit up mcdonalds but the rest of your day was nutrient dense, what difference does it make?

And when I am driving through southern MS on a business trip, I don't want to stop at the local walmart to eat, which may be 20 miles off the exit….

I was actually writing in response to the person you quoted. So basically, I'm agreeing with you.