30 Day Shred : STARTING MONDAY MAY 11TH

Options

Replies

• catjan
    catjan Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sorry... Just read back my last post - it reads expertise not exercise, made me laugh!
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I just started RI30 yesterday and found week 1 pretty much the same as 30DS. Does it change to different workouts after this first one? I like that it's 4 instead of 3 phases.

That's how I felt, initially. I promise it gets increasingly challenging and you may even experience a few "wtf?!" moments. Especially in Level 3.
  • PAYNEMAKER
    PAYNEMAKER Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What's the 30 day shred? I would love to start a new program!
    I believe its the Jillian Michaels dvd, my wife swears by it! I'm sure you'll feel the same way! Anyone feel free to add me, im motivated and I motivate ;-)
  • catjan
    Options
    Day 2 done, my legs are killing me - I'm sooo unfit!
  • apeck496
    apeck496 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i'm doing this too in addition to everything else i'm doing because in the next 30 days i have the time so i might as well! feel free to add me. i also have an open food diary
  • _Ghaze_
    _Ghaze_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OH YES- count me in! I'm a bit less fit than most of you- my goal is to make it thru all of day 1 of level 1 at once haha Ive done 4 days, resting a bit more than I should but I am finishing :) Please add me I need all the MOTO I can get!
  • Tezzi_B
    Tezzi_B Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Fancy that, I started yesterday too. Great minds.... Good luck everybody, see you on the other side :wink:
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I want to start tomorrow. I actually just went tonight n bought some weights. Can we start a group for this? I would love the constant encouragements! Peps go ahead and friend me :)
  • Solztice
    Solztice Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! Starting today and feeling very motivated! I hope day 1 goes well for me :)
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    There is a group already for people doing the 30DS - check out http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/117-30-day-shred
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Late to the game, but I'm planning to start tonight! Good luck everyone :smile:
  • catjan
    Options
    Day 3 done
    Wasn't looking forward to it but so happy now it's done.
    Keep going everyone , remember to breathe!
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I have been at it for 18 days already but would LOVE LOVE the company, please feel free to add me!! I am currently doing level 1 and 2 each day, ")
  • AuntieIly
    AuntieIly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started on April 28th- I had actually tried it before, last year, but gave up after 2 weeks because it really hurt my knees.

This time I've approaching it differently- I started going on very fast, hour-long walks 6 days a week back in March, and stretching, especially working on my calves and hamstrings.
    This seems to have helped my bad knees, but all the jumping around in the workouts still has an impact so I mix things up.

At the moment I start with 3 of the Blogilates videos, 2 for stretching and one for lower abs, and follow that with either 30DS (on Level 2 now) or Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism with the weight exercises from 30DS added on at the end.

If my knees twinge I either just do all the floor work or go for an hour's walk, but most days I'm fine with the level of intensity.
    I haven't seen any change in my body yet, though.
    I'm a bit disappointed, as I'm eating really well, too, so I expected to see a change.

Last year I dropped a stone just by walking half an hour a day, with no changes to my diet. My stomach was flat all the time (this NEVER happens, I've been constantly bloated since hitting puberty) and I felt really well. Then I piled it back on over the summer and even though this time I'm deliberately doing a lot more and watching what I eat, nothing's happening!

I find Jillian's workouts challenging, but shouldn't I be seeing some results by now? People who've completed it before, how long before you saw a difference? Did you have to follow the meal plan, too?
  • SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday so I'm a couple of days behind you guys. I have been aching all day! Haha, just about to do my day 2, I wonder how much pain I'll be in tomorrow!
  • catjan
    Options
    Well done Stephenz84
  • catjan
    Options
    Day 4 complete. Found this day the hardest so far! Think it's because it's evening and I would usually do it mid morning before I eat
  • Tezzi_B
    Tezzi_B Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This morning I completed level 1 day 5
  • catjan
    Options
    Level 1
    Day 5
    YEY!!
  • catjan