5/11 ... 6
    5/12 ... 5
    5/13 ... 7

65/150 goal
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I need to try to get in a run even if my rear hurts and my back is threatening to flare up. I could just turn on my garmin and drive around the park then tell everyone I ran a 3:11 marathon..crazy story
    http://m.runnersworld.com/general-interest/questions-arise-over-how-a-pennsylvania-dad-qualified-for-boston?page=single

Interesting story. I guess I just don't understand the fun in cheating (if he did) to reach a goal. If you want to qualify for Boston work your *kitten* off like every one else who has to do it. I've been in 2 or 3 5Ks here locally the last year where a guy wore a women's chip and "she" placed. What have you accomplished getting a $3.00 medal, a coupon from the local running store and cheating a real runner out of their earned finish. It's beyond me.

@kristinegift glad the calf is feeling better!

I missed this when Elise posted it. I read his response to his kids school after Boston and was very impressed by it. Though in retrospect the letter was a bit arrogant. Hopefully he did not in fact cheat to get into Boston but ultimately that is his guilt to bear if true. And cheating certainly negates any "life lessons" he claims he was trying to instill in his kids by taking them out of school for Boston.
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to miss my goal this month. My right calf has been bugging me for a bit. I rested it for a few days and did two slow miles yesterday. When I tried to run today it felt pretty bad so I think I am going to rest it some more this week. I had my doctor take a look on Monday and she didn't seem concerned. I'm worried because the Bolder Boulder is in 12 days.

exercise.png
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

May 6 - 5k
    May 7 - 6k
    May 9 - 8k
    May 12 - 5k
    May 13 - 5k
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    dennie24 wrote: »
    I think I am going to miss my goal this month. My right calf has been bugging me for a bit. I rested it for a few days and did two slow miles yesterday. When I tried to run today it felt pretty bad so I think I am going to rest it some more this week. I had my doctor take a look on Monday and she didn't seem concerned. I'm worried because the Bolder Boulder is in 12 days.

exercise.png

Good luck with the calf. I had soleus pain for nearly a year, and I believe my shoes were to blame. Massage and changing shoes helped. Hope it lines out before your race.
  • Wendy1Fl
    Wendy1Fl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    5/12 3.66 miles – Doomsday Hill up & down 3x Pace 10:11
    5/11 Yoga Bliss Hips
    5/10 9.53 miles - a distance record for me Pace 10:39
    5/9 5.53 miles Pace 10:00
    5/8 Yoga Bliss Hips
    5/6 6 miles Pace 10:00
    5/5 5 miles Pace S-L-O-W 12:12
    5/3 8.21 miles - Bloomsday race 7.62 miles Pace 9:23
    Total: 37.93; 78.27 to go

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Options
    I didn't understand the desire to cheat at a run either. Who knows, maybe the guy really did qualify. Its just odd he can't back it up since he is apparently wearing a gps watch in the qualifying run at the finish.

He's really stepped in it. The running community isn't going light on this fellow.

@Stoshew71 you are fast, do you think this guy could qualify with a 3:11 and run a 4:01 at Boston? Is there typically that much variability in marathons?

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    01/5 - Recovery
    02/5 - 15.1 miles Trail
    03/5 - 8.1 miles Trail
    04/5 - Recovery
    05/5 - 10.6 miles Trail
    06/5 - 12.1 Miles Trail (split into 2 runs)
    07/5 - 10.3 Road
    08/5 - Recovery
    09/5 - 17.3 Trail
    10/5 - Swapped a recovery day due to twinge in calf
    11/5 - 10.8 miles -2 runs one trail and one on the road
    12/5 - 8.2 miles Trail Hill repeat
    13/5 - 11.8 miles Trail

exercise.png
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I didn't understand the desire to cheat at a run either. Who knows, maybe the guy really did qualify. Its just odd he can't back it up since he is apparently wearing a gps watch in the qualifying run at the finish.

He's really stepped in it. The running community isn't going light on this fellow.

@Stoshew71 you are fast, do you think this guy could qualify with a 3:11 and run a 4:01 at Boston? Is there typically that much variability in marathons?

I run a 3:19 and am running a 5:30 this Sunday. Personally I wouldn't race what I'd consider a "destination" race like Boston (I jogged Chicago in 3:52 just to enjoy the sights) unless I ran it every year, so this by itself doesn't make Rossi a cheater. The fact that no other races he's done (from Athlinks) supports his 3:11 in any race predictor makes him suspicious. That and he's a douche who drew a lot of attention to himself by shaming an innocent school administrator.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing the ZuLu challenge - Tough Mudder in Grande Prairie,AB this weekend?
    http://zuluchallenge.ca/
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I have added No-see-ums / Midgies / Sandflies to the food database. For many of us, 'tis the season to ingest them!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/update_nutrition_facts/195994609?date=2015-05-13&show_controls=true
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    I have added No-see-ums / Midgies / Sandflies to the food database. For many of us, 'tis the season to ingest them!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/update_nutrition_facts/195994609?date=2015-05-13&show_controls=true

Hysterical and thank you! I hope no-see-ums are zero calories!

I run a 3:19 and am running a 5:30 this Sunday. Personally I wouldn't race what I'd consider a "destination" race like Boston (I jogged Chicago in 3:52 just to enjoy the sights) unless I ran it every year, so this by itself doesn't make Rossi a cheater. The fact that no other races he's done (from Athlinks) supports his 3:11 in any race predictor makes him suspicious. That and he's a douche who drew a lot of attention to himself by shaming an innocent school administrator.

@SonicDeathMonkey80 but you are doing a pace group this weekend correct? You haven't decided geez I think I'll just jog a 5:30 this weekend so I can see the sights.

If I made a big deal out of it every time Skip's school administrator and I didn't agree I'd spend a lot of time being a jerk. So they didn't excuse the kids, big deal. When Skip was in middle school, they gave her excused absences to volunteer at Special Olympics, the Principal at the 9th grade level won't unless the kids are involved in a school sponsored club that is attending. She is for one SO event but not for the 2nd one we volunteer at...guess what I'm not going to lose my mind over one unexcused absence. Life is too short. Why we feel the need to call people out over everything we think we are entitled to amazes me. Skip misses very little school, so if I decided to take a long weekend and go somewhere with her I don't lie and say she's sick or anything I put on the note, "went to the beach on Friday :-)" they can decide if that's excused or not I couldn't care less.

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @SBRRepeat : great to read the girls did well on the race! And that's a really georgous view in the photo.

@mwyvr OMG, I hate when I inhale / swallow a bug on the run! Sometimes I keep "feeling" them in my mouth until I get home and get a chance to brush my teeth... :s Good thing I'm net logging my food now that the "ingest a sandfly"-season is here - I could never log the beasties correctly, since usually they don't hover before my eyes long enough for me to identify just what it was that ended up in my face...

2.5.15 - 4.1km
    4.5.15 - 3.9km
    6.5.15 - 4.2km
    8.5.15 - 5.3km
    10.5.15 - 11.7 km
    11.5.15 - 3.6 km
    13.5.15 - 6.8 km
    ___
    39.6km (of 100km) done

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I'm curious how one should weigh a no-see-um for accurate logging.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    5/13: 2 miles

So far: 48.3 miles out of 100
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    kimlight2 wrote: »
    kimlight2 wrote: »
    I am going to try for 25 miles this month.

5/7 - 2.25
    5/12 - 3.25

19.5 to go
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options

LOL! Love bugs are the worst tasting bugs. Not that I'm a bug eating expert. But they are out in force in May and Sept. Love bugs are asleep when I run in the dark but when biking I've eaten a few. And Love bugs are always stuck together because they are always mating apparently - so you always get 2 for 1.
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    05/01 10 Km
    05/05 5 Km
    05/08 5 Km
    05/13 5 Km

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »

LOL! Love bugs are the worst tasting bugs. Not that I'm a bug eating expert. But they are out in force in May and Sept. Love bugs are asleep when I run in the dark but when biking I've eaten a few. And Love bugs are always stuck together because they are always mating apparently - so you always get 2 for 1.

LOL! EW! We have these slow flying black bugs, or gnats that land in your eyes. I've inhaled bugs, no idea what I ate.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Feeling a bit rudderless as I'm between plans and still in marathon recovery mode. Due to the non-plan, I went out in the mid-day heat planning to run 6, but ended up wimping out and just running 5 hot and sweaty miles.

Still, I'll dig up something this weekend to plan out my next few weeks - preferably involving shorter long runs than the usual marathon plans, and just go from there. May do a half ironman in a month, so jumping into an advanced half marathon plan might be in order for that.

5/2 - 2 miles
    5/3 - 26.2 miles (3:44 total time, 8:33 pace)
    5/7 - 6 miles
    5/9 - 4 miles
    5/10 - 12 miles
    5/12 - 4 miles
    5/13 - 5 miles

Total: 59 miles
    Goal: 100 miles
    Remaining: 41 miles