Fifty plus (or so) support group

Options
1353637383941»

Replies

• misselly
    misselly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi I am 53 and have struggled with obesity and overweight most of my adult life. I am the local president of the yoyo club as I have lost and put on between 20 and 30 lbs regularly in the last 5 years. I know how to get it down but struggle to keep it there. I am currently just 5 lbs above my "lowest" weight since turning 40 which still puts me in the obese range on BMI. Id like to join and hope to motivate myself and others who have similar experiences.

:) spotted the link in happy trails post

Let's get at it!!!!

• butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    misselly wrote: »
    hi I am 53 and have struggled with obesity and overweight most of my adult life. I am the local president of the yoyo club as I have lost and put on between 20 and 30 lbs regularly in the last 5 years. I know how to get it down but struggle to keep it there. I am currently just 5 lbs above my "lowest" weight since turning 40 which still puts me in the obese range on BMI. Id like to join and hope to motivate myself and others who have similar experiences.

:) spotted the link in happy trails post

Let's get at it!!!!

Did you join the group happy trails started? Scroll up and there's a link
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    This is the link to the group - please join us!

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/104713-fifty-plus-or-so-support-group
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    audra54321 wrote: »
    I am in my last year of 50s and have lost about 25 pounds slowly. I have about 80 to go but I have been unwilling to eat in my calorie range and have become discouraged with not losing in the last two months. I am exercising almost every day, biking & swimming. I need to lose this weight for my knees which have osteoarthritis and no cushion. The lighter I am and the stronger my quads are the better it will be for me.

You can do this! Great weight loss, keep moving!
  • smythepatricia90
    smythepatricia90 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So how does one post a reply or comment on this group I'm on an iPhone I can't find the right section any ideas?
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    So how does one post a reply or comment on this group I'm on an iPhone I can't find the right section any ideas?
    To go to the group click the link below:
    MFP - Fifty plus (or so) Support Group
  • Deputymax
    Deputymax Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm on the downside of 62 years old and need to lose 22 lbs to reach my goal. I've lost 58 so far and have come too far to slide back now. Count me in.
  • auntannette1
    auntannette1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. Haven't check in a while, thank God I haven't gained anything. Committed again today to lose my next 10 lbs. Looking forward to reading more of your motivational messages.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. Haven't check in a while, thank God I haven't gained anything. Committed again today to lose my next 10 lbs. Looking forward to reading more of your motivational messages.

Welcome back! :)
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    Hey, never too late to keep on going @auntannette1 . How many weeks are you gonna target for your next 10-lbs? Off by Halloween or so?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Just reposting the group link!
  • taco_inspector
    Options

Me too, @Just_Ceci (a Friday Bump)
  • patsymead129
    patsymead129 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    56...would like to join too!
  • taco_inspector
    Options
    here's a link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/104713-fifty-plus-or-so-support-group c'mon in, the water's fine...
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Patsy- just click on the link below and join right in. The group is pretty active with various topics being covered in the discussions.

Me too, @Just_Ceci (a Friday Bump)

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and I find that I get great support and inspiration from my 50+ MFP friends. I'd love to join this group as well. Please feel free to friend me (anyone) if you would like. My diary is open. I don't always make the best food choices, but I'm trying, I'm getting better and I'm seeing some results.