I am never hungry I have to force myself to eat and I just gain gain gain weight

Options
I've been trying to lose weight for years now. I've done a trillion different work out videos with little to no weight loss. My biggest problem is I'm just never hungry. Last year I weighed about 150 my father passed away and I now weigh 195 and I can't figure out how I gained so much when I hardly ever eat. I have to force myself to eat I'm fat so it can't be an eating disorder. I do drink plenty of water. I know i have to start eating three meals a day, but why am I gaining so much? and not losing weight now that Im forcing myself to eat! Please help

Replies

• Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    First use the food diary and record everything you do eat. Make sure to use a scale and weigh everything to make sure it is acurate. Eat as you normally do and see how many calories you're actually consuming. Often times we eat more than we think. Or our food choices are so bad we are starving our body nutritionally speaking with sugar foods with no substanance.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    First use the food diary and record everything you do eat. Make sure to use a scale and weigh everything to make sure it is acurate. Eat as you normally do and see how many calories you're actually consuming. Often times we eat more than we think. Or our food choices are so bad we are starving our body nutritionally speaking with sugar foods with no substanance.

There is nothing wrong with sugar.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    There's no rule that you have to eat any particular number of meals a day.

Stop forcing yourself to eat. If you're hungry, eat. If not, not. Get a food scale and log everything you put in your mouth for the next month. Don't worry about what any day's total is, or whether you're eating at a deficit. Just log everything as accurately as you can.

At the end of the month, figure the average calories you consumed a day. I predict that number will be higher than you think.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    What are you eating?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight for years now. I've done a trillion different work out videos with little to no weight loss. My biggest problem is I'm just never hungry. Last year I weighed about 150 my father passed away and I now weigh 195 and I can't figure out how I gained so much when I hardly ever eat. I have to force myself to eat I'm fat so it can't be an eating disorder. I do drink plenty of water. I know i have to start eating three meals a day, but why am I gaining so much? and not losing weight now that Im forcing myself to eat! Please help

You need to take a serious look at your dietary habits because you are eating too much food.
  • amandalambert11111
    amandalambert11111 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm really not eating more then I think. Today I had two glasses of milk and water. Yesterday I had two glasses of milk guacamole, pita chips and water.
  • amandalambert11111
    amandalambert11111 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

You need to take a serious look at your dietary habits because you are eating too much food.

Uuuh I don't eat like ever so how am I eating to much food? And I'm trying to understand why I'm never hungry.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Uuuh I don't eat like ever so how am I eating to much food? And I'm trying to understand why I'm never hungry.

Because you can only gain weight in a caloric surplus. So if you truly don't think you eat too much, then see your doctor. Otherwise, log the amounts of the foods you are eating and see how many calories you are ingesting.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition there is no way you are eating as little as you think you are and gaining weight. Not physically possible.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You need to log everything you are currently grazing on

After a few days of that you'll see why you're putting in weight

You could experiment with feeling hungry by taking a small fast ...say not allowing yourself to eat until supper time ...

But seriously weigh your food and log it accurately ...self knowledge is the key
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Log everything you are eating. Be honest and you will be surprised. And at this point, talking to a therapist might help.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    ...at this point, talking to a therapist might help.

^this^

If you are gaining weight you are eating too much. Log your food. Open your diary. No one can help without data. Sorry, but your say so is not enough.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, is the OP using 2 different names?
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Log a few days, be honest, and then review. If what you are saying is true, i'd see a doctor. Print your log and take it with you to the doctor's appointment. But really, you probably are eating and drinking more than you realise. Just log honestly, and see what it says. Report how big your glasses of milk are. 150 or 300 ml?
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Plus, I just realise, do you weigh 195 pounds or kilo's? I assumed kilo's because I am European. How tall are you?
  • icflyinmonkies
    icflyinmonkies Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    First of all, because one is fast does NOT mean they don't have an eating disorder. Ever heard of BED, binge eating disorder? Food addiction? You very well could have one that you havent come to terms with, who knows.. I get the being fat but never hungry. It has to do with what you're eating, your portions, and your activity level. You could not be hungry but still eat 3 or even 2 meals a day and if those meals are mostly salty or fatty and you don't get much activity, even if those meals were smaller meals, its still lacking nutritional value so you're just gaining. But also even if you eat good healthy stuff but have heftier helpings that's still not good. Theres different factors. You need to evaluate your eating and activity habits.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, is the OP using 2 different names?

Seems to be. Info on profile page is the same though the ticker weigh is 30# lower on Amandalambert11111 than Crashintome05416. Maybe lost login info on the first, so made a second account?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I'm really not eating more then I think. Today I had two glasses of milk and water. Yesterday I had two glasses of milk guacamole, pita chips and water.

Okay, that's two days, but your body doesn't forget all the times you consumed WAY more calories and that's what shows up on the scale. And calorie totals don't have to be humongous amounts of food. Even guacamole can pack a calorie punch, not that what you ate in the last two days is in any way appropriate

If you're really eating like this for weeks on end and gaining weight, you had best go see a doctor because none of us can explain why you have no appetite
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,036 Member
    Options

Weigh and log everything you eat and drink.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

Because you can only gain weight in a caloric surplus. So if you truly don't think you eat too much, then see your doctor. Otherwise, log the amounts of the foods you are eating and see how many calories you are ingesting.

This.
This discussion has been closed.