I am never hungry I have to force myself to eat and I just gain gain gain weight

Options

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    ok I agree she needs to weigh everything and log it but,Im going to put this out there. my daughter was the same way,never hungry and didnt eat much food. most days it was under 1200 calories. she kept gaining weight even though she was barely eating, BUT, come to find out she has hyperthyroidism and insulin resistance(but not diabetic yet). she has only lost 14 lbs since april 2nd. she is on low carb and 1200 calories and some days she struggles to eat that much food. so yes it is possible to gain weight when you have health issues and arent eating enough food.my daughter sees an endocrinologist because of all of it. I know a lot of you said that its not possible but it is. you can also have insulin resistance and not know it. she has had it for years and all her blood work would come back normal until recently.

When I was a kid my mother could not figure out why I was gaining weight either because she moderated what I ate at home. The problem was that I went other places to get food, therefore I was indeed eating enough food to gain weight. In other words, it's possible your daughter eating more food than your realize. This has no reflection on your as a mother, but simply goes to say that there is no possible way to know exactly how much she is eating unless you are with her 24/7.

Even with a medical condition, could it be that when she was gaining weight on "under 1200 calories," because she was eating more than both you or she realized?
    she doesnt go anywhere(shes a homebody so to speak) and if she does she is always with me. her dr said due to her insulin resistance that everything she ate was being stored as fat and her body was not converting it properly.no she was not eating more than 1200 calories.most days she would only eat 6-800 if that. she was eating a lot of carbs which did not help her insulin levels. she has lost some weight. but the dr is trying the 1200 calorie low carb diet to see if that helps. it is helping with her insulin resistance some. she was even in marching band in high school and had gym every day and still was not losing weight.even when she ate healthier.Her thyroid condition was just diagnosed in the last 6 months. even though over the years from the age of I'd say 10 she would gain weight,no matter what she did or what she ate or how little.she is going to be 20 and she hasnt gained weight since she started the diet but there are still days she cant eat 1200 calories.

Do you live with the OP?? Follow her 24/7?? I doubt you know exactly what she is eating, OP is in denial and she has some issues going on and needs to see a therapists ASAP!!!!!!

She's not talking about the OP. this is a different conversation. I believe she is discussing her daughter.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    ok I agree she needs to weigh everything and log it but,Im going to put this out there. my daughter was the same way,never hungry and didnt eat much food. most days it was under 1200 calories. she kept gaining weight even though she was barely eating, BUT, come to find out she has hyperthyroidism and insulin resistance(but not diabetic yet). she has only lost 14 lbs since april 2nd. she is on low carb and 1200 calories and some days she struggles to eat that much food. so yes it is possible to gain weight when you have health issues and arent eating enough food.my daughter sees an endocrinologist because of all of it. I know a lot of you said that its not possible but it is. you can also have insulin resistance and not know it. she has had it for years and all her blood work would come back normal until recently.

When I was a kid my mother could not figure out why I was gaining weight either because she moderated what I ate at home. The problem was that I went other places to get food, therefore I was indeed eating enough food to gain weight. In other words, it's possible your daughter eating more food than your realize. This has no reflection on your as a mother, but simply goes to say that there is no possible way to know exactly how much she is eating unless you are with her 24/7.

Even with a medical condition, could it be that when she was gaining weight on "under 1200 calories," because she was eating more than both you or she realized?
    she doesnt go anywhere(shes a homebody so to speak) and if she does she is always with me. her dr said due to her insulin resistance that everything she ate was being stored as fat and her body was not converting it properly.no she was not eating more than 1200 calories.most days she would only eat 6-800 if that. she was eating a lot of carbs which did not help her insulin levels. she has lost some weight. but the dr is trying the 1200 calorie low carb diet to see if that helps. it is helping with her insulin resistance some. she was even in marching band in high school and had gym every day and still was not losing weight.even when she ate healthier.Her thyroid condition was just diagnosed in the last 6 months. even though over the years from the age of I'd say 10 she would gain weight,no matter what she did or what she ate or how little.she is going to be 20 and she hasnt gained weight since she started the diet but there are still days she cant eat 1200 calories.

Do you live with the OP?? Follow her 24/7?? I doubt you know exactly what she is eating, OP is in denial and she has some issues going on and needs to see a therapists ASAP!!!!!!
    I wasnt talking about the OP(as in the poster if thats what you meant. I was talking about my daughter. as for my daughter yes she does live with me and she is home for now 24/7 until she starts working.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    I logged in threw my Facebook like I usually do. I don't even know what OP means. I do have medical conditions. And I'm not in denial of what I eat or don't eat. I just don't like food plain and simple if I feel hungry I decided to drink a glass of water or milk sometime a diet pepsi. And starvation to your body does more damage then over eating I just thought other people might have my problem in just not liking or wanting to eat food.
    OP = original poster (you)

She's not the original poster. She jumped into the conversation about half a dozen posts in.

• Machka9
    Options
    T
    jonrenly wrote: »
    Honestly none of us here can tell you anything for sure because no matter how adamantly people here insist they're always right, they're not your doctor. obviously most of the information you've been offered in this thread is correct on a general basis but nobody can say for sure what is wrong in your specific case. you need to speak to a medical professional, or a therapist, or someone who can actually give you accurate and valuable advice. We don't know you or how much of what you say is true, we dont know your medical history or anything else about you, so some of the responses here could be right or they could be completely off the mark, but you'll never know until you seek real medical help from a real professional.

Thanks! It's the best advice yet I have actually talked to her and she told me to go on basically the atkins diet log EVERYTHING I eat also that I have a thyroid issue and a small metabolic disorder. After my father died I just stopped caring about anything and food was one of those things.

You don't need the Atkins diet necessarily, but you do need to log everything.

BTW ... crashintome here is the OP (original poster).

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I shared with the OP the possible causes of gaining weight while not eating a lot,by telling her about my daughter,letting her know it was possible with a health condition. where a lot of people were saying its not. hope that cleared up any confusion
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight for years now. I've done a trillion different work out videos with little to no weight loss. My biggest problem is I'm just never hungry. Last year I weighed about 150 my father passed away and I now weigh 195 and I can't figure out how I gained so much when I hardly ever eat. I have to force myself to eat I'm fat so it can't be an eating disorder. I do drink plenty of water. I know i have to start eating three meals a day, but why am I gaining so much? and not losing weight now that Im forcing myself to eat! Please help

I think you're confused.

It has nothing to do with the QUANTITY of food you're eating. It has to do with the overall caloric intake of the food you are eating.

How are you gaining? You are eating too many calories, period.

I don't buy that you are "just never eating" and "have to force yourself to eat". I suggest you step back, eat a piece of humble pie, and look at your intake objectively. Once that's done, you can take steps to remedy the problem.
  • Machka9
    Options
    And I figured out that I wasn't on the username I have been on for years so I logged out of my Facebook one and back into my old one.

Ah ... so you're both names.

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I shared with the OP the possible causes of gaining weight while not eating a lot,by telling her about my daughter,letting her know it was possible with a health condition. where a lot of people were saying its not. hope that cleared up any confusion

If you have a health condition it doesn't change CICO. It just means that it's harder to get the CO side of the equation. For example, hypothyroidism may lower your BMR, so you're not burning as many calories throughout the day as someone with a normal BMR. Calories in calories out still applies.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    And I figured out that I wasn't on the username I have been on for years so I logged out of my Facebook one and back into my old one.

LOL

It's not confusing at all :laugh:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Let me guess... this is one of the OP types that posts with self-pity, ignores valid advice, listens to those who echo the invalid and factually impossible, and then never makes changes they need to and never finds success because they'd rather be coddled than face the facts...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Let me guess... this is one of the OP types that posts with self-pity, ignores valid advice, listens to those who echo the invalid and factually impossible, and then never makes changes they need to and never finds success because they'd rather be coddled than face the facts...

YEP!! BINGO!
  • Machka9
    Options

LOL

Enough to make my eyes cross! :laugh:

But here's a question, has anyone been able to see the food diary of whoever the OP is?

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

These types of posters should head over to Facebook...

Unfortunately so much valid advice is ignored here because of stupid pride :disappointed:

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

LOL

Enough to make my eyes cross! :laugh:

But here's a question, has anyone been able to see the food diary of whoever the OP is?

She hasn't logged anything except for today.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

giphy.gif
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    No offense but you didn't gain 45 pounds by hardly eating. You gained 45 pounds by overeating.

Right now, it sounds like you need to address your emotional instability before trying to lose weight. Weight loss is emotionally and mentally draining. If you aren't mentally stable, you won't lose weight.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    She reminds me about myself sometimes. I swear up and down I have no clue how I gained so much, and that i haven't eaten too much food. However, every little thing adds up. Chips and dip 600 calories maybe? 2 glasses of milk 250 calories?
  • Machka9
    Options

One of the things I had to do when I decided to sign up here was to commit to being completely honest about what I ate and what I burned.

Weigh and log everything, and if there's any question about how many calories something might be, I estimate high.
    For example, my husband made a salad yesterday, but didn't weigh everything out. He was, however, able to give me some reasonable estimates, and then I added half again as much to everything.

And on the burning side ... estimate low. MFP tends to give rather high estimates for exercise.
    I assume 200 calories per hour when walking.
    I also assume 100 calories for every 5 km cycling.
    And just in case that's high, I eat about half those calories back.

The third element is to stick with it. Weight loss doesn't come off a little bit every day. It might do for a few days ... and then there might be a few days or even a couple weeks where nothing happens. You've got to keep logging everything and stick to the plan through those days or week. Maybe even evaluate and tighten things up a little more.

But it's all about being honest with yourself. You don't have to validate what you're doing to anyone else or get anyone else's approval. What you choose to enter here affects you alone.

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    OP: You say you take Wellbutrin and anxiety meds.

Did you start the medications after your father died?

When you started the Wellbutrin and other medicines, is that when you experienced a loss of appetite?

If yes, you need to speak to the doctor who is prescribing these meds and ask them to put you on a different medication.
This discussion has been closed.