What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I completed my first 5K race today with a finish time of 32:22! I didn't run at all a few months ago, but I used the C25K app and before I knew it I was running further and faster than I ever imagined. I haven't felt this accomplished in forever!
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym.
    For years, I've tried exercising on my own, only to fail. Since joining, I've been every day but Sundays (rest/walk the dog day). I'm sore, I'm tired, but I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something. It's a start.
  • miinorawr
    miinorawr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I walked my first 5k race today, and did little bits of jogging too :)
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Today I ran my first ever 5K. It took forever but I never stopped running.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I Realized that any thread that has "lots to loose" in the title does not apply to me any more. ( I assume since 20-30 lbs. compared to about 150 lbs. is not a lot).
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of pants that I have not been able to wear since before I got pregnant with my 10 month old! I tried them on a few weeks back but could not get them past my hips. A bit too tight to wear yet, but almost there!!
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Tried on size 12 pants I wore to work 13 years ago -loved them back then. They fit well enough that I would be able to wear them out of the house if I wanted! They sit higher than they used to, but will be back to sitting on my hips sometime this year ~ come hell or high water. I have a pair of size 12 jeans and a pair of shorts that are still much too small, though.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    livityliv wrote: »
    I finished my first EVER duathlon (that I just found out about last night-a friend offered me a free race entry)!! So pumped and proud of myself...a few short years ago this would NOT have been possible! 1.97 mile run, 10.88 mile bike ride (omg hills), followed by another 1.97 mile run in rain and wind and I finished in 1:53:59 (My goal was under two hours!). The other part of the NSV is that my friend even considered asking me to do the race! I used to weigh over 300lbs...and now I'm one of the fit friends?! 31rwsrisuz6u.jpg

Woo hoo! Nice pic!
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I still have chocolate left over from Easter and I'm not even trying to avoid eating it, I just haven't! Feel like it really reflects a change in my mind set, just been slowly nibbling away at it.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty today.

Very cool!

I was thinking the same thing. lol
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I spent most of my Saturday climbing up and down a ladder while helping my husband install an attic scuttle. That simply would not have been possible this time last year.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I bought new lawn furniture and am not above the "recommended weight limit". I've always been nervous about breaking chairs, and have cracked a few in the past...
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    Last week it was finally losing enough so that I am finally at a healthy weight.

Today, I ran for 30 minutes straight when previously the most I've run without stopping was 21 minutes. This is a big deal because I dislike running. It's slowly growing on me though.

2 days ago I ran 40 minutes straight on the treadmill :)
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    sarahat10 wrote: »
    My nsv that here has been ice cream in my freezer for longer than 6 days. It's usually a whole quart gone in 24 hours !

Same! Even crazier is it's only a pint and it still isn't done. Those used to be 'single servings' way back when.

I hear that. v__v
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    livityliv wrote: »
    I finished my first EVER duathlon (that I just found out about last night-a friend offered me a free race entry)!! So pumped and proud of myself...a few short years ago this would NOT have been possible! 1.97 mile run, 10.88 mile bike ride (omg hills), followed by another 1.97 mile run in rain and wind and I finished in 1:53:59 (My goal was under two hours!). The other part of the NSV is that my friend even considered asking me to do the race! I used to weigh over 300lbs...and now I'm one of the fit friends?! 31rwsrisuz6u.jpg

You are such a winner!!
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Amazing victories, you are all winners.
  • JennyC123
    JennyC123 Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My husband and I went away for the weekend and our room had two double beds. I thought, for sure, we would be sleeping in separate beds. To my absolute delight, we both fit in one bed! We have a queen at home and I hadn't even noticed the amount of extra room we have since I've dropped almost 30 pounds. This made me feel so good!
  • RGannam
    RGannam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's warm enough to wear my favorite short sleeve work button down shirts again and I no longer need a safety pin to keep the buttons over my chest from gapping!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!