Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    @tonedby46 Thanks Holly. I appreciate that.

@ronronronj Keep at it. everyday you make positive habits, you will receive positive results!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    So, what are your big plans for the weekend?
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    So, what are your big plans for the weekend?

That's why I got married, so I can ask my wife! LOL

BUT SERIOUSLY, not too much. We have a neighborhood yard sale, and PS1 needs community service hours, so maybe we can volunteer to help, or I can walk him over and continue on my neighborhood walk. We have the weekly shopping, which means going to Wegmans and having all kinds of samples. We have something from Netflix to watch, also.

Some good news: I cut the grass this afternoon, and afterwards the scale read 157.8, a new low for me. This includes having a not-quite-so health lunch today with m wife, as we had our first "lunch date" in awhile. According to MFP, mushroom risotto is a good source of protein. I'd have more mushrooms in my food, but PS1 doesn't like them (though PS2 does). I think this is a constant struggle for us parents, when one child does not like a healthy vegetable, but another one does. It's hard to find healthy foods that everyone agrees to eat.
  • MikePXstream
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So true. My younger daughter loves salads, while my oldest and youngest do not. But, my middle does not like potatoes, while the other 2 do. it is a constant battle.
  • Kimmy82109
    Kimmy82109 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 3. Soon to be 4 yr old twins and soon to be 2 yr old. I've lost 31lbs so far out of a 40lb goal. Send me a request
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    @Kimmy82109 Way to go! Keep moving. You're doing great!
  • Kimmy82109
    Kimmy82109 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • ronronronj
    Options
    Good morning! We ended up doing an extended walk because whoever wanted PS1 to help with community service was gone when we got there at the appointed time. It added to the exercise log (though with the kids I did not walk nearly as fast as if I were alone). Got more walking in this weekend and this morning. I was at 160 this morning, which I guess is not too bad for a Monday. Just need lower highs and lower lows, kind of like a bad stock market! LOL

Have a great day, everyone!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Good morning. Off to a great start today. Got some good reading in for about 10-15 minutes to exercise my mind, followed up by an hour of chest and tricep lifting, cleaned up, haircut, and now on to supporting an encouraging others along with continued job hunting. Have a great day everyone!
  • JLDRKSJ
    JLDRKSJ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So true. My younger daughter loves salads, while my oldest and youngest do not. But, my middle does not like potatoes, while the other 2 do. it is a constant battle.

I know how you guys feel!...My youngest has what we like to call it "food phobia". She only eats white meat. She will not eat fruits or veggies. Gave her a pea, one pea and it took her over an hour to eat it only to vomit it up right after. My oldest has celiac while my middle boy is happy with meat, potatoes and a salad. So my house is like a diner.
  • ronronronj
    Options
    JLDRKSJ wrote: »

I know how you guys feel!...My youngest has what we like to call it "food phobia". She only eats white meat. She will not eat fruits or veggies. Gave her a pea, one pea and it took her over an hour to eat it only to vomit it up right after. My oldest has celiac while my middle boy is happy with meat, potatoes and a salad. So my house is like a diner.

Sorry to hear about the celiac! I know that can make food management very difficult because you have to control cross-contamination. We are very lucky not to have this issue in our household. I can sympathize, though, as one of my nephews has Type 1 diabetes and celiac together.
  • JLDRKSJ
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the celiac! I know that can make food management very difficult because you have to control cross-contamination. We are very lucky not to have this issue in our household. I can sympathize, though, as one of my nephews has Type 1 diabetes and celiac together.[/quote]

Thanks.....She is learning and adjusting. As well as the rest of the family.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    That can be a tough battle. One of my coworkers had to go and buy all new cooking pans and utensils for herself because of it and has to cook completely separate meals for her and her family.
  • JLDRKSJ
    Options
    @ Mike...Yup that is right. It's a big adjustment. Slowly I have added some of her gluten free food into our food. It's amazing the amount of products that contain gluten. Even some medicines, lotions, shampoos and tooth paste.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    @JLDRKSJ Yeah, it is all over the place. Like we don't have enough things to worry about right!
  • MarcBasse
    MarcBasse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Parenting is fattening! Add me please!
  • ronronronj
    Options
    @ Mike...Yup that is right. It's a big adjustment. Slowly I have added some of her gluten free food into our food. It's amazing the amount of products that contain gluten. Even some medicines, lotions, shampoos and tooth paste.

I have read and heard different things about this. From what I gather, if you do not have to be on a gluten-free diet for medical reasons, you shouldn't be. Have you heard differently?
  • raquel715
    raquel715 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys need support mom of one little baby girl!! Would love some support if I lose 10 pounds I'll be at the weight I was before I has her but I want to be in the best shape of my life so 30 is my goal! Yikes that's a lot :s
  • ronronronj
    Options
    MarcBasse wrote: »
    Parenting is fattening! Add me please!

I think I saw a "Family Circus" cartoon on just that topic many years ago!
    raquel715 wrote: »
    Hey guys need support mom of one little baby girl!! Would love some support if I lose 10 pounds I'll be at the weight I was before I has her but I want to be in the best shape of my life so 30 is my goal! Yikes that's a lot :s

Welcome, Raquel, and congratulations on the baby. I haven't been here that long myself, but this seems to be a pretty nice group.
  • JLDRKSJ
    Options
    ronronronj wrote: »

I have read and heard different things about this. From what I gather, if you do not have to be on a gluten-free diet for medical reasons, you shouldn't be. Have you heard differently?

@ronron....Its true, if you don't need to be gluten free, then don't. I've only
    added pasta and the way I make sauce to make my life a little easier.

This discussion has been closed.