Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @shirayne , I am NOT ever going to give up! I have 80 more lbs to lose and I intend to be here for all the support and info that y'all have! I love this little group!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    You can check out my diary. I look at other's diaries ask the time for ideas.
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    ptkat28 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot @MischelIM . Just got done doing 1 hr and 40 min of Just Dance!!! I love burning calories dancing!! :smiley:

I REALLY need to try dancing for exercise. I love my weights, but I'm just NOT loving the treadmill.
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    @ptkat28: WOOT! You go girl!

Welcome to all who have joined us here is our little family of motivators. :)

@MischelM: I can't say I'm crazy about the treadmill either. I prefer walking outside. :)
  • tetorteson
    tetorteson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. I am taking a big step and am hoping to join your group. :) I began my journey in September with over 130 pounds to lose. I have lost almost 50 and keep stumbling. Sometimes more than a stumble, but a huge flat fall. But one difference this time is that I am getting back up no matter how big or small the stumble may be. I am looking for support and encouragement, help with accountability and of course I am very willing to provide the same. I look forward to meeting you.
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    Welcome @tetorteson , and not to worry... all of us spend time picking ourselves up from slips, trips, and falls. The point is to keep moving forward :smile: You've found a great group and congrats on your progress so far!!
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Today is a new day and I am back in the saddle! We've cleared off the treadmill (yuck) and our weight machine so... new game plan! I'll be using one or both every day! :)

@tetorteson: welcome and congrats on your success! As MischelM said, we stumble and fall but we get back up! Just like Chumbawumba! (OK that was corny). But seriously, regardless of our successes and weaknesses, we are all human first.

We can do this!
  • tetorteson
    tetorteson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good thing I am old enough to know Chumbawamba...:) Thank you!! This is gonna be great!
  • nik713
    nik713 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have a little over 100 lbs left to lose, I am currently down 34lbs. I started in January and lost the 34, but then got sidetracked for a month due to nursing school and just life. (It's amazing how many people actually put weight on during nursing school.. scary really)I put back on about 4lbs in that month. So I started back up, about a week ago, lost my 4lbs and am back to being down 34lbs. I really could use some motivation and someone to help me stay accountable. Does anyone have any tips on doing so?
    Anyways, Hi everyone!!! Let's melt this fat away!! :)
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    @nik713 it is said that telling everyone you're on a weight loss/lifestyle journey is a good way to stay accountable, but that's not always the case for everyone. I've told my closest friends so they don't bring me well-intentioned food gifts, but for me the accountability is just reporting to this awesome group of people here and riding that wave of pride that success brings. You're doing great just getting back on the right track, that's more than half the battle. If we all keep at this we'll succeed in our own time and our own way :smile:
  • didjaever
    didjaever Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Starting back after losing my way the past couple of months. I lost 11 lbs February and I am sure I gained it back and then some. I am not weighing this time. I feel that if I lose I reward myself with food or if I gain I drown myself in food. I have not gained control of that behavior yet so best to put the scale away for now.

Congrats to everyone in their successes. We can do this!!!
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been kinda MIA the last few days. I have just not been feeling good. Been super tired and had a nice case of Vertigo.

Still not feeling super great but trying to push through. Will try to go and read through on everyone's NSV and SV ASAP!

Happy Monday and I hope you all have a wonderful week!
  • jambodesign
    jambodesign Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    @taketwo2014 I weigh everyday. It keeps me motivated. If I only weighed in every week and my weigh in day I happened to be up it would be very discouraging. So If I weigh everyday then I know the trend. I can also look at my Weight Report and physically see the plateau. 5913s10zonmn.jpg
  • globug68
    globug68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also weigh every day. I feel obsessed at some points. To me sometimes it very discouraging.
  • CrystalA1984
    CrystalA1984 Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @jambodesign that's a really good idea. I think that might help me, too. Thanks!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    Day 2 of some serious strength training, another full body work out repeated from Sunday, and sheesh my muscles were tight and sore! Stretching worked out the kinks, and I feel super now that I'm home. I forgot how bittersweet those initial aches could be! They suck, don't get me wrong, but they are incredibly satisfying because you know your body is throwing serious resources at those muscles to fix them and make them stronger.
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I would love more friends for accountability and support! I too have about 100 lbs to go. Anyone can feel free to add. I do log daily and have an open diary to friends. Let's get started! :)
  • johntomeco
    johntomeco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel you I managed to lose 40lbs last year only to gain it back I am giving it a second try and so far have done rather well with exception of this last week for some reason. I am always up for making need friends a girl needs all the support she can get. so feel free to add me if you.

• johntomeco
    johntomeco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I have been looking for an online support group. I've decided it's the best way to get the much needed support yet keep my journey private from those around me.

You see I weigh 376lbs. My family and friends love me but ignore the life threatening obesity that plagues me.

Reading through the post there are some wonderful heart-felt stories from compassionate people who seem to mirror many of my pitfalls and frustrations.

I want to live. I don't even know where to begin. Maybe u guys can help me start......
  • adoreme214
    adoreme214 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Day 2 is off and running (not literally). I completed my grocery shopping this morning and have my meals planned for the day. I am going to walk for my breaks versus continuing to sit. I'm logging my meals/water. My official start weight this morning 258.4!