Eat a big breakfast.. .

Options

Replies

• christybrumett622
    christybrumett622 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not that everyone was rude. Debating the topic is a good thing. ... Just don't see how I can be attached and told I'm telling people what to do and I'm a Newby when all I did was shared a article
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

That's broscience. While for me eating a big breakfast works, it has nothing at all to do with weight loss.

With weight loss, the only absolute is that you must eat less calories than you burn. The rest if preference only. :)
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the article! :) I plan on reading it as soon as I get my clothes out of the dryer. Be right back.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Pretty good article. Thanks again! :)
  • darcelchoy
    darcelchoy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is the biggest meal I have everyday. I'm a journalist and I'm always somewhere and there are times when I won't have the opportunity to have a healthy snack in between so with a big breakfast I'm not that hungry till it's time for lunch which is much smaller yet still fulling. I guess it really comes down to whatever suits each person.
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    How is she telling people what to do? She is simply sharing an article.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    In the article, none of the "studies" is identified by name, scientific setting or researcher. Makes me suspicious.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    God when people buy into tabloid fodder it makes me weep

If it works for you do it

If it doesn't don't

There are no rules beyond eat fewer calories than you burn in order to lose weight

(Fewer not less / lose not loose... OK I think it might be time for caffeine now)
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Not that everyone was rude. Debating the topic is a good thing. ... Just don't see how I can be attached and told I'm telling people what to do and I'm a Newby when all I did was shared a article

I agree that you weren't telling people what to do and I don't really see how people can say you were. However just be careful what you read and make sure you REALLY research something before posting a supposition on this site.

When getting information about your health stick to sites that have peer reviewed articles and are from reputable sources.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi, you will find a fair bit of sarcasm on these boards. I don't think your intention was to tell people what to do but it came across that way as your post said "eat a big breakfast" rather than say "is it a good idea to eat a big breakfast?" Or "who else loves a big breakfast and does it work for you?".

As for me, I need breakfast as part of my daily routine and because my kids need breakfast. But I have something small as I'm in control more at the start of the day and I'd rather have a big dinner!
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Hi, you will find a fair bit of sarcasm on these boards. I don't think your intention was to tell people what to do but it came across that way as your post said "eat a big breakfast" rather than say "is it a good idea to eat a big breakfast?" Or "who else loves a big breakfast and does it work for you?".

As for me, I need breakfast as part of my daily routine and because my kids need breakfast. But I have something small as I'm in control more at the start of the day and I'd rather have a big dinner!

My kids refuse to eat breakfast

one of them will vomit if we try to make him ...and he's 14 now

the other one is too lazy
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    @rabbitjb mine are 3 and 6 (and sometimes an 8 too) so they wake me up asking for breakfast!
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If I have a big breakfast, I am not more or less satisfied than when I have a small one, I find. I regret those big breakfasts however as I then have less calories for dinner time, which is when I personally really need them and find myself starving and miserable late at night.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    @rabbitjb mine are 3 and 6 (and sometimes an 8 too) so they wake me up asking for breakfast!

@megomerrett

they are old enough to help themselves to yogurt and a spoon until you wake up

:bigsmile:
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Op, a thing about message boards is, when all people have to go on is what you write, they're gonna go on what you write. All you said was "eat a big breakfast", so some people interpreted that as you telling them to eat a big breakfast...

Maybe in future, if you're wondering what people think, just add a "wdyt?" Or, "thoughts?" Or something.

Anyway, I'm with the majority, as it may work for some and not others. I tend not to have time or inclination for much food in the morning, and like to hoard my calories for later in the day. I do make sure to always have something though, otherwise it's a struggle to get to lunch.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

@megomerrett

I wish this worked with cats. They're 10 ffs, why haven't they worked out how to open the fridge yet??
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

@megomerrett

I wish this worked with cats. They're 10 ffs, why haven't they worked out how to open the fridge yet??

lockable cat flaps :nods:
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

@megomerrett

Unfortunately I have French doors right by the head of my bed. They'd just scratch at them until I got up :\ (actually they're mostly very good about being patient, I'm maligning them rather unfairly).
  • Sued0nim
    Options

@megomerrett

Unfortunately I have French doors right by the head of my bed. They'd just scratch at them until I got up :\ (actually they're mostly very good about being patient, I'm maligning them rather unfairly).

they is cats .. they c'n take it

now dogs on the other hand .. a dog would just be sleeping on your neck :heart:
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

@megomerrett

they is cats .. they c'n take it

now dogs on the other hand .. a dog would just be sleeping on your neck :heart:

Actually that's pretty much what the big fluffy one in my profile pic does! It's ok, I don't really need to be able to breathe.
This discussion has been closed.