elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    @rabbitjb mine are 3 and 6 (and sometimes an 8 too) so they wake me up asking for breakfast!

@megomerrett

they are old enough to help themselves to yogurt and a spoon until you wake up

:bigsmile:

I wish this worked with cats. They're 10 ffs, why haven't they worked out how to open the fridge yet??

lockable cat flaps :nods:

Unfortunately I have French doors right by the head of my bed. They'd just scratch at them until I got up :\ (actually they're mostly very good about being patient, I'm maligning them rather unfairly).

they is cats .. they c'n take it

now dogs on the other hand .. a dog would just be sleeping on your neck :heart:

Actually that's pretty much what the big fluffy one in my profile pic does! It's ok, I don't really need to be able to breathe.

Hahaha! That is exactly what my female cat does. She thinks she's a scarf. The male (one in my profile pic eyeing my dinner) just sits on my chest, but weirdly enough will pet my face with his paw lol!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    @rabbitjb mine are 3 and 6 (and sometimes an 8 too) so they wake me up asking for breakfast!

@megomerrett

I wish this worked with cats. They're 10 ffs, why haven't they worked out how to open the fridge yet??

Unfortunately I have French doors right by the head of my bed. They'd just scratch at them until I got up :\ (actually they're mostly very good about being patient, I'm maligning them rather unfairly).

Actually that's pretty much what the big fluffy one in my profile pic does! It's ok, I don't really need to be able to breathe.

Hahaha! That is exactly what my female cat does. She thinks she's a scarf. The male (one in my profile pic eyeing my dinner) just sits on my chest, but weirdly enough will pet my face with his paw lol!

Mario (the fluff ball) has taken to sticking his little wet nose in my eye when he really wants me to get up. He also pets my face, and has unfortunately never learnt to not include extended claws in that. He's lucky he's so damn handsome.
  • gulogulo2014
    gulogulo2014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly aim to have a large breakfast but whenever I do I do eat less throughout the day. It can't just be mainly protein or carbs though. Usually some combination of protein, fats and carbs
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options

@megomerrett

Haha, the 3 year old eats all of the frubes if I leave them in the fridge so I freeze them for lunch boxes! He does the same with yoghurt - at my mum's he'll just sneak pots of fromage frais but he can't reach the spoons. Helluva mess. To be fair, the 8 year old makes them all cereal and juice on the weekend if we're not awake!

My breakfast is usually eggs or a juice so I don't go crazy

• NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast; i find that if i eat first thing in the morning i am super hungry all day and constantly looking for things to eat. I will usually have my first 'meal' at 10am and then eat little and often throughout the day, saving the majority of my calories for dinner as i eat with my boyfriend and i feel it is unfair to make him eat my low fat healthy foods all the time (he is quite a healthy eater luckily, but not a calorie counter).

So no; for me personally, eating a big breakfast is NOT a helpful weight loss strategy.
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options

@megomerrett

Tell that my grasshopper type dog...he decides, that it is breakfast and generally party time as soon as the sun is out (5:00AM atm) and then jumps around, headbutting me and shoving is BALLS in my face...balls...
  • donna38104
    donna38104 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not telling anyone what to do. We are all adults here. I just thought it was interesting and shared. Didn't expect people to be so rude. I won't be sharing again....
    :/ I know ! I felt the same way when I starting reading some of the comments ! I'm sorry !
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    likehlikeo wrote: »

@megomerrett

Tell that my grasshopper type dog...he decides, that it is breakfast and generally party time as soon as the sun is out (5:00AM atm) and then jumps around, headbutting me and shoving is BALLS in my face...balls...

laughsss
  • BenjaminS_Fitness
    BenjaminS_Fitness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    for some a big breakfast helps with appetite. for some it doesn't. don't gerneralise.
    same with macros. Some people have a lower appetite on high fat some people do better with medium fat higher carbs.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I don't have a big breakfast. On the odd occasion that I have a "Grill up" Bacon, eggs, sausage etc... I usually have it mid morning and don't need anything until later on that evening. So it doesn't always mean you'll turn into a raving truffle hog that wants to eat all day.

We are all individuals.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

We are all individuals.

I'm not
  • drpmrvel
    drpmrvel Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I go with your Suggestion of bigger breakfast... There is a lot to understand about the evolutionary physiology, human life in jungle and current life style of human race to accept this concept...

Options
    katem999 wrote: »

We are all individuals.

I'm not

You mean there are two of you? Are you Batman??!?!?!?! Can I have your autograph! LOL
  • mrsscandude
    mrsscandude Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    See. This is the reason I only mooch round this site reading posts and not replying. There are some really rude and sarcastic people on MFP. IMO, the OP wasn't telling people what to do, only give an option to read an article regarding weight loss. No doubt I'll be told to mind my own business, what with being a 'newby' and having no posts under my belt. I guess I can live with that...........!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast, but have recently started to eat a new yogurt that I've found with 20g of protein in. I hate feeling full and sluggish in the morning. It makes me want to go back to bed lol.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    katem999 wrote: »

We are all individuals.

I'm not

You mean there are two of you? Are you Batman??!?!?!?! Can I have your autograph! LOL

Harvey Dent, can we trust him?

*disappears* *nope still here* *creeps off again*

So now I've done both a Monty Python and a Badman (Pete Holmes) reference, my work here is done.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I don't have a big breakfast. On the odd occasion that I have a "Grill up" Bacon, eggs, sausage etc... I usually have it mid morning and don't need anything until later on that evening. So it doesn't always mean you'll turn into a raving truffle hog that wants to eat all day.

We are all individuals.

want one of those ..
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there is research on eating a big breakfast and weight loss but there is research saying that eating breakfast helps prevent blood sugar spikes which is important to diabetics, and perhaps others as well. MFP has had an article recently that stated breakfast should be around 300-360 calories and that many are eating much less. I find if I have a decent breakfast I am not as hungry throughout the day but to each his own.
    Options

We are all individuals.

want one of those ..

I've been one on occasion. Usually when Chocolate is involved. Sigh.
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I eat a big breakfast and lost 48lbs. since January 1st...CICO!
This discussion has been closed.