What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    That you'll get comments like this: "You're so lucky you can lose weight..."

M*th*r f**k*r... Luck had naught to do with it.

Because the fact that you're successful and have gone through it you obviously don't know anything about how to do it. Really people, it is that easy! CICO!!! Just because you don't lose 50 Pounds in a week.... a pound lost is a pound lost. You need to be patient and realize that it is a slow process and as long as the numbers are shrinking (weight, measurements, or sizes) then you're succeeding. Once this realization hits you, it's so much easier to lose the weight.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Terri6627 wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of people who say their skin has cleared, I'm not at goal but I've been having the worst chin breakouts since I started losing. :(
    Well that's the unfortunate side of "eat less, sweat more. I get more pimples too, but I've never had bad skin.

My face is a hot mess that will not clear up. I've paid for laser treatments, taken a ton of antibiotics, used a ton of prescription face creams, tried Proactiv and Mary Kay Clear Proof, use Cetaphil daily. Nothing works at all. It's been bad for the past 3 years and gotten worse as I've lost weight.

Poor you. :(

I've cut down on dairy over the last couple of weeks and I'm using Dermalogica anti Bac face wash plus activ moist. Finally I seem to be clearing up but I've got quite a few scars from some really big cystic spots I just didn't leave alone. Thank god for make up! I use bareminerals so it's not too pore clogging!

I luckily don't have cystic acne. It's a mix of acne, rosacea, and seborrheic dermatitis so nothing seems to work for it. My skin is ultra sensitive, so make ups and creams either make me break out more or they cause me to get bad rashes. I bought some Bare Minerals and as long as I don't use it near my eyes it seems to be ok, but I still can't get everything to cover up. So far dermatologists have given me retinol, Finacea, Metrogel, Metrocream, Doxycycline, Minocycline, and a few others. All made my skin super flaky and red and peel off. I also tried Proactiv and Mary Kay Clear Proof and they made me feel like my face was going to explode it burned so badly. I gave up dairy with no avail. Same with soy and gluten. They don't know what to do for me. I've been to many different ones for other opinions.

Wow you really have tried everything, I hope you do find something that works for you.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    That you'll get comments like this: "You're so lucky you can lose weight..."

M*th*r f**k*r... Luck had naught to do with it.

Because the fact that you're successful and have gone through it you obviously don't know anything about how to do it. Really people, it is that easy! CICO!!! Just because you don't lose 50 Pounds in a week.... a pound lost is a pound lost. You need to be patient and realize that it is a slow process and as long as the numbers are shrinking (weight, measurements, or sizes) then you're succeeding. Once this realization hits you, it's so much easier to lose the weight.

Well you can lose 50 lbs in a week...it depends on how much you value your limbs though.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of people who say their skin has cleared, I'm not at goal but I've been having the worst chin breakouts since I started losing. :(
    Well that's the unfortunate side of "eat less, sweat more. I get more pimples too, but I've never had bad skin.

My face is a hot mess that will not clear up. I've paid for laser treatments, taken a ton of antibiotics, used a ton of prescription face creams, tried Proactiv and Mary Kay Clear Proof, use Cetaphil daily. Nothing works at all. It's been bad for the past 3 years and gotten worse as I've lost weight.

I've cut down on dairy over the last couple of weeks and I'm using Dermalogica anti Bac face wash plus activ moist. Finally I seem to be clearing up but I've got quite a few scars from some really big cystic spots I just didn't leave alone. Thank god for make up! I use bareminerals so it's not too pore clogging!

I luckily don't have cystic acne. It's a mix of acne, rosacea, and seborrheic dermatitis so nothing seems to work for it. My skin is ultra sensitive, so make ups and creams either make me break out more or they cause me to get bad rashes. I bought some Bare Minerals and as long as I don't use it near my eyes it seems to be ok, but I still can't get everything to cover up. So far dermatologists have given me retinol, Finacea, Metrogel, Metrocream, Doxycycline, Minocycline, and a few others. All made my skin super flaky and red and peel off. I also tried Proactiv and Mary Kay Clear Proof and they made me feel like my face was going to explode it burned so badly. I gave up dairy with no avail. Same with soy and gluten. They don't know what to do for me. I've been to many different ones for other opinions.

Wow you really have tried everything, I hope you do find something that works for you.

I even paid $1200 for light therapy because they thought that might help. Nothing. I am so sensitive to certain ingredients in the creams and stuff that I think that's what messes me up. I can't use anything with sodium lauryl sulfate or menthol or propylene glycol or a million other things. We've done process of elimination with it.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

I even paid $1200 for light therapy because they thought that might help. Nothing. I am so sensitive to certain ingredients in the creams and stuff that I think that's what messes me up. I can't use anything with sodium lauryl sulfate or menthol or propylene glycol or a million other things. We've done process of elimination with it.

Maybe?

http://www.lushusa.com/Cleansers/cleansers,en_US,sc.html

I've never tried any of these myself. I was only introduced to them recently on the official nightshift thread.
    I totally wanna try their Henna Hair Dye blocks :smiley:
  • loribethrice
    Options

Maybe?

http://www.lushusa.com/Cleansers/cleansers,en_US,sc.html

I've never tried any of these myself. I was only introduced to them recently on the official nightshift thread.
    I totally wanna try their Henna Hair Dye blocks :smiley:

I looked at lush before, but they all have "fragrance" in them and that makes me get hives all over my face. I have to use scent free, sensitive skin stuff for my shampoo, soap, and any facial cleaner. :(
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Their 'Ultrabland'. No fragrance!

http://www.lushusa.com/Ultrabland/9999902749,en_US,pd.html#start=8

I know what it is to try a whole bunch of things and nothing works. I have given up on my psoriasis. My doctor thinks it might start to go away if I lose more weight. Though, I myself don't hold out much hope for that, I admit, I have a teeny bit. But if it doesn't work, then I wont be terribly disappointed.
    The rash itself if mild, but it covers about 60-70% of my body.

ETA: My mom thinks it might be a weird form of 'reverse vitiligo' because it is darker than my normal skin tone. Only slightly flaky and it only REALLY itches if I have dairy products, which I actively avoid(I MISS YOU CHEESE!!!!).
  • loribethrice
    Options
    Their 'Ultrabland'. No fragrance!

http://www.lushusa.com/Ultrabland/9999902749,en_US,pd.html#start=8

I know what it is to try a whole bunch of things and nothing works. I have given up on my psoriasis. My doctor thinks it might start to go away if I lose more weight. Though, I myself don't hold out much hope for that, I admit, I have a teeny bit. But if it doesn't work, then I wont be terribly disappointed.
    The rash itself if mild, but it covers about 60-70% of my body.

ETA: My mom thinks it might be a weird form of 'reverse vitiligo' because it is darker than my normal skin tone. Only slightly flaky and it only REALLY itches if I have dairy products, which I actively avoid(I MISS YOU CHEESE!!!!).

Psoriasis would be so frustrating! I had a friend when I was a kid who had it and steroids seemed to work for her. They thought my face might clear up once I lost weight, but 70lbs later it's just gotten worse so the doctor was so confused.
  • usernoid1
    usernoid1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    How emotional it can be. Realizing you're almost 30 and you are smaller and weigh less than you did in middle school gets those feels going.

So, so true. Everything everyone has written so far - DITTO! Sometimes it's crazy=making! Thanks for the thread :smile:
  • Amytreetop
    Amytreetop Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How delicious corn on the cob is with just a teaspoon of butter/Becel & a bit of salt instead of being slathered with it - and all other vegetables for that matter.

How great it feels to drop belt notches - at first I thought the belt I've had for years had to be stretching...nope, it's actually reminding me of my progress. :)
  • SallyinIL
    SallyinIL Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ruthg6043 wrote: »
    Being ACTUALLY handicapped, I get really annoyed when large girls take the handicapped stall. It's NOY for you...it's for us who really need it. Please...a little respect.
    That's NOT...

Do not be too quick to judge. Large people can be handicapped too. Large people have MS, cancer, and other debilitating illnesses. I am just saying do not stereotype.

Yes, and is the stall supposed to be available or reserved for those who need it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!