What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    ddmusica wrote: »
    1. My butt and boobs left first-- :( I had to adjust to that, but my legs look better than they have in years!! Arms, too.
    2. Realizing that fast food was what was making me feel so horrible.
    3. I can now jog and not feel the fat juggling up and down on my tummy, butt and legs.
    4. My thighs don't rub together any longer- I used to use tons of powder - no more!

I was wondering if this would go away! It's so annoying lol and I feel like it's going to give me bad stretch marks from all the bouncing. When did you notice that this got better, if you don't mind me asking?
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    n/a
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    TiaBia9 wrote: »
    You'll struggle with your new body image and might even become afraid of the changes; you'll want to back track and might even back track.

This is so true! Great insight!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Sometimes you can lose lots of weight and still be wearing the same clothing. I had to trade in my shoes because they were too big, but my clothing is just kind of loose on me now. In a way it is good because I haven't had to spend extra money on it yet, but it is also bad because I'm still wearing the same old tents.

I had to quote myself because I has an epiphany earlier. I went shopping and saw something I liked so I went to try it on. In the dressing room before I took off my clothing I caught sight of myself in the mirror and I really looked at myself. My clothing looks massive. My jeans look like I'm wearing a sag so deep that if you could see the top of my jeans (you can't, huge shirt) you'd be able to see my underwear. I knew my clothing was a little loose, but I seriously did not notice they were that big. These were the jeans I couldn't fit into before. So, I am amending my earlier statement. You can lose weight and still be wearing the same clothing, but maybe pay better attention to how your clothing is actually fitting versus how you think it is fitting.

I ended up buying clothing that is several sizes smaller and dancing out of the changing room much to the amusement of the attendant.

That is awesome, congratulations!

Similar to this is when I go try on clothes and have to go back for a smaller size....It always looks way to small to fit me and then is too big. I think I was used to hiding in oversized clothes.

Thank you! Yes, I definitely hide in over-sized clothing as well.
  • secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    - That eating healthy, veggies & low fat, lean meats) can mean eating a lot of food - some days I am just tired of eating, and still don't reach my calorie goal.

Amen lol! I darn near feel stuffed when I eat and still not quite hitting calorie goals.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!