What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• hunter6295
    hunter6295 Posts: 1 Member
    palwithme wrote: »
    + You realize you don't need to go into the handicap stall in the bathroom any more to feel like you have enough room. Strange things like that.

I am so glad to see I'm not the only one that uses the handicap stall. I try to make myself feel better by saying I'm claustrophobic but in reality it's because I'm too damn fat!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Pipsg1rl wrote:
    Shoe size - I thought it would take more than 20 pounds, but I'm down half a shoe size from a 7 to a 6.5.
    I think I should get re-fitted for shoes the next time I need to buy some, 'cause I've noticed that the laces on my current pair are pulled pretty much as tight as they can go (which leaves them flopping on the floor to get stepped on) and the shoes are still getting loose.

the thought of getting up at 6:00 before work to hit the gym sounds just awful
    It is pretty awful, but I decided that on the days I work it's preferable to fighting with the
    after-work crowd. And as a plus, my closest co-worker can't tell me I stink, because I've
    just had a shower & deodorant. (I didn't stink anyway, but if she does it again I'll know that
    she's just being mean, and I can go to HR.)
    the craters on my feet were from the extra weight, not dryness
    Mind. Blown.
    I just realized that this past winter I really didn't have trouble with my feet cracking, even
    though I didn't moisturize like I usually do.
    being overweight (especially obese) is a handicap. you try fitting a BIG badonkadonk in a little itty bitty stall
    OK, badonkadonk make me laugh.
    But you're right. When I was really huge, I almost couldn't close the door in the normal
    bathroom stallls because there wasn't room to get my body out of the way.
    if there is a disabled lady waiting for a stall, I would certainly leave the handicap stall open for her, but only in the same way as I would encourage an elderly lady to go ahead of me in line
    Something else to think about is that it can take lots longer for someone with a disability
    to get clothes out of the way, transfer to the toilet, etc., so even if she's in line I'd let her jump
    the line to get to the larger stall, rather than wait her turn.
    People used to wait for me to finish going up or down the stairs, like there wouldn't be enough room for both of us
    Yes. :disappointed:
  • mom4tav
    mom4tav Posts: 21 Member
    Love this thread!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!