What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    AprilCoe wrote: »
    Nobody tells you that you'll actually start to look your age...with (gasp!) wrinkles... but that it's ok because you also get the benefit of bone structure finally showing through

This!! I'm mortified I actually look my age now. I used to get away as younger with a bit of chub....!

• seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    I'm cold all the time, and every 10lbs I lose I get colder.

I'm not complaining, I just wear layers :D
  • nxiety
    nxiety Posts: 84 Member
    I'm cold all the time, and every 10lbs I lose I get colder.

I'm not complaining, I just wear layers :D

This! So much this. I'm constantly cold.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Alidecker wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of people who say their skin has cleared, I'm not at goal but I've been having the worst chin breakouts since I started losing. :(

Mine didn't get better just with the weight loss, but for some reason, I cut back on dairy...accidentally, I just got sick of yogurt and that was the main sours of dairy. My skin cleared up. Now that I track what I eat, I can see that I break out more when there has been more dairy in my diet

It's really interesting that you've said that, I keep wondering about the whole dairy and acne thing. I know there hasn't been any proof yet, but lots of anecdotes saying going dairy free helps. The problems is I love milk, yoghurt and cheese!

I might try cutting back on dairy and having the lactose free milk before I go full on non dairy. Would be great if it did help, I am so fed up with my skin! It was always perfect until I got to about 25 :(

I won't give it up completely, I love cheese and yoghurt is a go to when I am hungry and don't have a lot of calories left for the day. I was eating a lot more, I had yoghurt in smoothies and plain...so lots of it.

• paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    I'm so jealous of people who say their skin has cleared, I'm not at goal but I've been having the worst chin breakouts since I started losing. :(

Mine didn't get better just with the weight loss, but for some reason, I cut back on dairy...accidentally, I just got sick of yogurt and that was the main sours of dairy. My skin cleared up. Now that I track what I eat, I can see that I break out more when there has been more dairy in my diet

It's really interesting that you've said that, I keep wondering about the whole dairy and acne thing. I know there hasn't been any proof yet, but lots of anecdotes saying going dairy free helps. The problems is I love milk, yoghurt and cheese!

I might try cutting back on dairy and having the lactose free milk before I go full on non dairy. Would be great if it did help, I am so fed up with my skin! It was always perfect until I got to about 25 :(

I won't give it up completely, I love cheese and yoghurt is a go to when I am hungry and don't have a lot of calories left for the day. I was eating a lot more, I had yoghurt in smoothies and plain...so lots of it.

I thought about this more last night and definitely don't think I could give it up completely. But I can definitively cut down, currently I have milk in my porridge, milk in many cups of tea throughout the day, snacks of mini babybel or cheese strings, Philadelphia on crackers at lunch! That's quite a lot of dairy, so I might drop the yoghurt and Philly first and see how that goes. And maybe try almond milk in my porridge? :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!