Hungry after 7pm Struggles...

Options

Replies

• kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I dice up cucumber & soak it in white vinegar. For about 30 mins. A crank of fresh ground black pepper/salt. Drain the vinegar. & I have a nice fresh, snack. And all vinegars, help with digestion. It's super low cal, Cukes have vitamins that after ingested, are great for your skin. Its a Win/Win.!!!
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have a snack every night! Usually a bowl of cereal
  • TylaGagnon
    TylaGagnon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my go to, I always have my cup of coffee and a good snack at night, tonight I'll be having some popcorn my coffee and probably a fruit bar ☺️ I stay up late soI always eat at night, definitely just plan for it throughout the day so you have enough calories left for something.
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I used to wake up at 2 every night and finally I realized it was hunger that woke me as my last meal was around 5 or 5:30 - now around 8:30 I have peanut butter on whole wheat toast with 1/2 banana and sleep like a baby! It works and I have lost weight - I lost 35 pounds 2 years ago (have kept it off), and planned this snack always- this snack also induces a good sleep. Can also put peanut butter and banana on a whole wheat English muffin.
    It is included in my daily calories or intake.
  • _dflow
    _dflow Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have an incredibly hard time not snacking at night so I normally eat dinner around 9 and then I'll have a 100 calorie snack for dessert.
  • thuynguy
    thuynguy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you have a trader joes around... Their frozen mangos are delicious for a late night snack...especially if you're in the mood for something cold and sweet.
  • 73Charli
    73Charli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im always hungry around 8.30 and instead of eating I will have warm milk (fat free) with 1tbs of peanut butter (natural if you can)in it, you can also add protein powder or a banana. This is sweet, pretty healthy and filling.
  • syndeo
    syndeo Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    dufus12 wrote: »
    If you that hungry then you need to re-evaluate your needs and calories. I know current wisdom says don't eat after 7pm but we are all individuals,and it is what works for us, which will get us to our goal eventually - not current wisdom (!)
    Its an individual journey - take what suits you but leave the rest!

Wait, what? There is some little fat fairy that comes around and magically turns calories after 7pm into fat? Wow! That is almost as cool as the gremlins turning evil when they eat after midnight. Make sure you don't take a shower after 7pm either, you could start splitting into multiple people!

/sarcasm :)

There is no truth to that. Nothing turns into fat unless you have an excess of calories over several days/weeks.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I think the calories near bedtime are evil thing has been debunked already but it is certainly true that most people tend to do the bulk of their snacking later in the evening. These snacks are usually excessive and end up being more calories than people bargained for. Its not so much the timing, its just more that they were not planned for and end up inflating your caloric intake numbers.
    Snacking at night is a tough problem to solve. It takes discipline. You can either
    a. choose better snacks
    b. figure out why you crave calories at that time...may need a bigger supper....may need a smaller supper split in two (one can be the snack)
    c. lock yourself in the bedroom and hide the chips

good luck.....i tend to struggle with this exact problem at times.

• pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    syndeo wrote: »
    dufus12 wrote: »
    If you that hungry then you need to re-evaluate your needs and calories. I know current wisdom says don't eat after 7pm but we are all individuals,and it is what works for us, which will get us to our goal eventually - not current wisdom (!)
    Its an individual journey - take what suits you but leave the rest!

Wait, what? There is some little fat fairy that comes around and magically turns calories after 7pm into fat? Wow! That is almost as cool as the gremlins turning evil when they eat after midnight. Make sure you don't take a shower after 7pm either, you could start splitting into multiple people!

/sarcasm :)

There is no truth to that. Nothing turns into fat unless you have an excess of calories over several days/weeks.

Mogwai... Mogwai turn into gremlins if you feed them after midnight. Much like I turn into one if I smell bourbon... fact.

There's nothing wrong with eating past 7. If you really want a sammich and can stomach that 35c / slice shame bread wonder bread makes, you can make a pretty large sandwich pretty easily.
    2 slice 70c
    2oz turkey 60c
    1 slice swiss 70c.
    Stack on veggies and some Dijon and you're still under 300.

***edit. I won't use this bread for stuff like burgers or dinner in general unless I'm running really low. I'd much rather have that foam at the mouth, die for more bread.
  • cdossey2014
    cdossey2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I eat dinner around 6:30-7 and go to bed no later than 10, typically I'm not up late enough to want to snack. It's when I eat dinner early and go to bed later that I find myself feeling hungry and end up snacking.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a small yogurt parfait. I have 1/2 a cup of plain greek yogurt with small piece of fruit and 1/3 cup of high fiber cereal(kashi)- I love it
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    the things you want for a snack don't sound too bad if they fit your cals. maybe a half sandwich. for healthier options i am loving whole carrots at the moment. i have them with a laughing cow cheese wedge or a spoon of sunflower seed butter for dipping. just a single whole carrot. it takes a while to eat, which makes it more satisfying.
  • Cassiea199
    Cassiea199 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I saw on the doctor oz show that u should only eat for a twelve hour period of time. So if u wake up at 7a.m. dont eat after 7p.m. i also talked to a pharmacist that read in a book that 90%of dieting is not eating 4 hours before u go to sleep. I think that number is exaggerated but if ur goal is to loose weight it might actualy be better for u to eat a little bit bigger of a dinner. But im not an expert. Lol.
  • nenalizardi
    nenalizardi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If there is room in your calorie budget for a late night snack, do it. I frequently have a little something right before bed. Especially on workout nights when I get home at 10 pm. Eating late but within my calorie budget has not stopped me from loosing weight. I always leave myself a little cushion when I plan my dinner so that I can have that evening snack if want it.

Hi, this is so me!!!!! Late night snacks.
  • SianOdell
    SianOdell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    a cup a soup under 100 calories or a small light tin of soup. A small egg white omelette made in a non stick pan with a little green salad with lemon juice dressing, and fresh tomato.or a little bit of tuna and cucumber works for me. All low in calories and take the edge off when u r hungry. Apparently protein better at filling u up than carbs and u need less.
  • nenalizardi
    nenalizardi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    SianOdell wrote: »
    a cup a soup under 100 calories or a small light tin of soup. A small egg white omelette made in a non stick pan with a little green salad with lemon juice dressing, and fresh tomato.or a little bit of tuna and cucumber works for me. All low in calories and take the edge off when u r hungry. Apparently protein better at filling u up than carbs and u need less.

I love sweets and coffee :( thank you for the info I will keep that in mind :smiley:
  • CindyR81
    CindyR81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys these ideas are so good! I never would've thought of half of these things to make
  • mrslevias32
    mrslevias32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Warm v-8 juice depending on your calorie budget...
  • unilateralinc
    unilateralinc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kale chips and guac