2nd day without eating meat

Options
Ryanstwin
Ryanstwin Posts: 70 Member
what's up everyone thought I would try something new and cut out meat on the weekdays only allowing myself to eat it on my two days off work. Hoping to improve my strength with weight training and get leaner. My midsection fat is frustrating me. So I will give an update on my results at s later date. Also is anyone else who weight trains doing this chime in

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Are you supplementing that loss of protein with a non-meat form of protein?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Um...I hope you're supplementing with other protein sources, if your goal is to get stronger.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I tried that last year and failed miserably, even supplementing my protein intake from plant and other sources. I guess some people can do it but I fell flat after about 4 months. Good luck to you.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I gave up meat in early April and am enjoying it. I was vegetarian for 4 years as a teen and now am back. Hopefully you already know, but make sure you're eating meat substitutes, eggs, whey/pea/whatever protein powder if needed, pulses and grains, tofu, etc.
  • MrJThomasEsq
    MrJThomasEsq Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Ohh eating meet. I read,, umm nebbermind
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    echo the protein sentiment.

i'm trying just the opposite as you...i eat MORE meat due to my weight training. seems to be working ok.

giphy.gif
  • MrJThomasEsq
    MrJThomasEsq Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Meat
  • kidragus
    kidragus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    that sound great! i've been vegetarian for four years now and a vegan for 6 months. protein is NOT A PROBLEM FOR VEGETARIANS. everything has proteins, veggetables, fruits everything. I'm perfectly healthy and strong, cutting dairy and meat out of my diet is the best desicion ive ever made
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    Still eating eggs.. Broccoli peas spinach and I'm waiting on some organic plant based whey to arrive in the mail @hollydubs85
    @_dracarys_
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I tried doing that, didn't have a problem getting enough protein, but I craved the meat. It didn't work so well. I have a decent balance now.

Also I kept eating things like falafel which are fried.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Why are you cutting out meat though?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    What does not eating meat have to do with belly fat? I'm confused OP.

Either way, just make sure you are getting enough protein (1gram per lb of LBM).
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    Didn't mean to say "Whey" plant based protein.. It's just plant based protein powder since whey derives from dairy
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    Why are you cutting out meat though?
    Personally for better digestion and to become more overall healthy more so tho anything. Longevity avoid heart related problems extra weight etc.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Ryanstwin wrote: »
    Still eating eggs.. Broccoli peas spinach and I'm waiting on some organic plant based whey to arrive in the mail @hollydubs85
    @_dracarys_

Well, if yesterday's diary logging is any indication of your permanent diet changes, you're going to need a lot more than 37 grams of protein.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    what's up everyone thought I would try something new and cut out meat on the weekdays only allowing myself to eat it on my two days off work. Hoping to improve my strength with weight training and get leaner. My midsection fat is frustrating me. So I will give an update on my results at s later date. Also is anyone else who weight trains doing this chime in

I would think the opposite would help you achieve your goals better-meat is a great, easy source of protein.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    echo the protein sentiment.

i'm trying just the opposite as you...i eat MORE meat due to my weight training. seems to be working ok.

Haha, nice. Yeah, I love meat. I dunno. You can of course do whatever you like. I ate vegetarian for about a year for some silly reason or other, but it didn’t do much for me.

If your concern is belly fat, just lift all the weights, and maybe do a recomp - I don’t see why your source of protein would make any difference…

Edited to add: but, bacon :disappointed:
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian for 7 years and never had a problem getting my protein in. When I became vegan though... I struggled every day to get my calories in. But I LOVE CHEESE, so veganism only lasted a few months.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

I would think the opposite would help you achieve your goals better-meat is a great, easy source of protein.

Agreed. Meat isn't bad for you and nixing it with your goals is just going to make it that much harder. The only real reason to cut meat is if you have a moral hang up about eating it.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    How will cutting out meat get rid of your midsection fat?

Hint hint- Nope.
This discussion has been closed.