2nd day without eating meat

Options

Replies

• Ryanstwin
    Ryanstwin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @erickirb when you're in a caloric deficit you're cutting calories so what's the point in cutting whatever you're cutting?? Meat is just what I'm choosing to cut for health reasons. Eating more plants and veggies living organisms to fuel my body is just a strategy that I'm choosing
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Ryanstwin wrote: »
    @erickirb when you're in a caloric deficit you're cutting calories so what's the point in cutting whatever you're cutting?? Meat is just what I'm choosing to cut for health reasons. Eating more plants and veggies living organisms to fuel my body is just a strategy that I'm choosing

And that is fine... as I mentioned, just make sure you still get enough protein. Not knocking what you are doing, just want to make sure you know to pay attention to protein intake.
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    @erickirb thanks a lot for the input in well aware of what my protein intake needs to be I'm 31 years old been into this for a while taking it more serious now
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Lots of armchair nutritionists in here.....

where?

i see people giving good advice and questioning the elimination.

anything of worth you can add?
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    @Akimajuktuq of excess carbs are so bad why is it that vegans can eat 30 bananas a day and be so slim ?
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    Lots of armchair nutritionists in here.....

Lol the cut up guys with their shirts off have some credibility.. But if you're fat ehhh.. Ears closed
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    @Akimajuktuq of excess carbs are so bad why is it that vegans can eat 30 bananas a day and be so slim ?

Freelee the banana freak is a gimmick, and if you're going to bring her in as an example your argument loses all credibility.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with eating less meat as long as you make sure to eat lots of other foods high in protein.
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    I didn't say her name but how do you know she's a gimmick ? @bigblondewolf
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Freelee the banana freak is a gimmick, and if you're going to bring her in as an example your argument loses all credibility.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with eating less meat as long as you make sure to eat lots of other foods high in protein.

Truth lol... Freelee the banana freak LOL.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    @HotKanye thank you for the positive feedback and I went to the gym this morning after my first day of eating meat and did 21 sets bench press heavy along with other heavy dumbbell lifts plus an hour of cardio.. On an empty stomach . I got this

21 sets of heavy bench press? Rep range?

21 sets of anything can't be considered heavy.

This. But whatever, it doesn't seem like the OP is particularly receptive to discussion (this thread lost me at Banana Girl being considered a good example of proper nutrition).
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    @randomtai I guess everyone associates her with 30 bananas a day lol. I've watched plenty of other people
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Because they are burning more than whatever 30 bananas a day equals calorie wise.
  • bigblondewolf
    Options
    I didn't say her name but how do you know she's a gimmick ? @bigblondewolf

Gimmick: In marketing language, a gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something "stand out" from its contemporaries. However, the special feature is typically thought to be of little relevance or use. Thus, a gimmick is a special feature for the sake of having a special feature.

Please tell me how eating a crap-ton of bananas is anything other than a gimmick.
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    I don't agree with eating a crap ton of bananas a day personally I would puke. I see the point you are making "the banana girl " eats a lot of bananas to sell shirts .. Got it .. Just making the point that carbs aren't evil neither is meat. I'm simply trying something new @bigblondewolf
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    @Emillia77 not receptive just because I am not. Replying to every single comment ??
  • bigblondewolf
    Options
    @Ryanstwin I never said meat or carbs were evil. Nor did I say it was a stupid idea to cut out meat. In fact, my exact words were "there's nothing wrong with eating less meat as long as you make sure to eat lots of other foods high in protein. "

My beef (pardon the pun) was with you using Freelee as a positive role model.
  • tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    All those in a tizzy about the implication of meat and weight loss: calm down. Why should one consider reducing meat intake when trying to lose weight? Well, it *could* help someone who hasn't been adventurous in eating vegetables to try new things. And meals including more vegetables and other whole foods are great for weight loss. Yes, lean protein is good for humans. But someone who often would otherwise eat less-ideal meats like cold cuts, fried foods, fast food, cheese-covered food, etc. might feel more compelled to broaden horizons when making a purposeful, wide shift. It really can help to open our minds to different foods, eating patterns, and behaviors. That doesn't mean we all have to do it that way, but a semi-vegetarian plan can do wonders for some.

I'm a vegetarian (again, calm down: I logged 85 grams of protein yesterday) and my fiancé is not. He eats meat at work and on weekends, but not at home during the week because those are the days I cook for us. He's not only not nutrient-deficient from this schedule, he's used this division as part of his own weight-loss plan, and has learned to like eggplant, asparagus, cabbage, squashes, and other foods he never would have otherwise indulged before. He was previously of the opinion that sweet potatoes were a Thanksgiving day-only food, that anything needing peeling was too much effort, and didn't know that greens other than spinach existed (and that he knew in the form of spinach dip). Talk about a journey: he purchased and cooked Brussels sprouts of his own volition last weekend.
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    And you brought up free lee before I did so who's example was it? I never said her name she isn't the only you tuber who eats 30 plus bananas @bigblondewolf
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    Mike Rashid power bodybuilder was a vegan for a good part of his adult life Doesn't look like he ever had any problems getting an adequate amount of protein without meat ....2xaivigmcf6s.jpg
  • bigblondewolf
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Ryanstwin Maybe she's not the only one, but she's certainly the most popular example of such YouTubers. It was her everyone else thought of.

I never disagreed with your point about cutting down on meat, but you're clearly looking to pick fights about other things as well by nitpicking on this aspect of the comments.
This discussion has been closed.