Options

Replies

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    draznyth wrote: »
    is anybody cooking breakfast right now? *kitten* hungry

no, because I don't want to get fat...you can only eat a large breakfast from 8am to 11:59 am, or your metabolism reverses itself and you actually create calories instead of burn them.

ok but how big should my breakfast be? like extra big or just regular big
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

no, because I don't want to get fat...you can only eat a large breakfast from 8am to 11:59 am, or your metabolism reverses itself and you actually create calories instead of burn them.

I believe the article said "large"....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lexicpt wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Who attacked her? Which words are you taking as a personal attack on the OP?

Do you consider calling people rude, telling them to leave your thread, and implying that they have no life to be attacks? Because OP did all of those things.

ETA: and you just called us jerks. Stop attacking everyone.

If people copped an attitude with me all because of an article I posted, you bet I'd agree. I didn't call any specific member a jerk. I'm just letting the OP know that not everyone here is a mindless troll that feeds off of creating drama out of nothing. Let's be honest, that's what 75% of people on the internet do. If I wanted to call you a jerk, I'd be sure to make it quite clear.

so now you are here to rescue OP? Do you have any comment on the actual article?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Do you consider calling people rude, telling them to leave your thread, and implying that they have no life to be attacks? Because OP did all of those things.

If people copped an attitude with me all because of an article I posted, you bet I'd agree. I didn't call any specific member a jerk. I'm just letting the OP know that not everyone here is a mindless troll that feeds off of creating drama out of nothing. Let's be honest, that's what 75% of people on the internet do. If I wanted to call you a jerk, I'd be sure to make it quite clear.

Ah okay. I see. You just make generalizations about entire groups of people instead of being direct. And calling people mindless trolls and jerks is certainly not creating drama. I gotcha ;)

And again: Disagreeing with someone and posting science-based rebuttals to their advice/arguments is not rude and is not an "attack." It's just trying to stop the spread of misinformation.

ETA: Do you have any breakfast-related thoughts? Here's mine: Meal timing and frequency hasn't been proved to be a deciding factor in weight loss or health.
  • FitForL1fe
    edited May 2015
    Options

Is that like "Go Large" at McDonald's large or Burger King "King sized" large?

one of each. why risk making the wrong choice?

think of all the weight loss with double the breakfast.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Positivity p!sses me off

Just sayin'...it's the most useless of all sentiments IMHO

I mean what does it achieve? A little cynicism gives you a sense of reality; a touch of negativity spurs you on to try harder but positivity for positivity's sake...well that just makes one's teeth itch

This is why I love you Rabbit :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Is that like "Go Large" at McDonald's large or Burger King "King sized" large?

Mmmm hashbrowns..
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Sorry. Nope. Load of crap. That's my professional opinion.

As a pancake?

That's DR. Pancake. I didn't go to pancake school for 7 years just to called merely "pancake".

I lost it at work on this one :smiley: thanks for the great laugh!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Positivity p!sses me off

I mean what does it achieve? A little cynicism gives you a sense of reality; a touch of negativity spurs you on to try harder but positivity for positivity's sake...well that just makes one's teeth itch

Right back at ya nony

Love fest :bigsmile:
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Ah okay. I see. You just make generalizations about entire groups of people instead of being direct. And calling people mindless trolls and jerks is certainly not creating drama. I gotcha ;)

And again: Disagreeing with someone and posting science-based rebuttals to their advice/arguments is not rude and is not an "attack." It's just trying to stop the spread of misinformation.

ETA: Do you have any breakfast-related thoughts? Here's mine: Meal timing and frequency hasn't been proved to be a deciding factor in weight loss or health.

I call it like I see it. If it walks like a duck..

I'd be inclined to agree. If eating a bigger breakfast works for someone to stay within their calorie goals, then by all means. It still comes down to CICO, not timing.

• Nony_Mouse
    Options

so now you are here to rescue OP? Do you have any comment on the actual article?

Noooo, white knights are just here for the rescuing silly.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Positivity p!sses me off

Right back at ya nony

Love fest :bigsmile:

:heart:
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    sympha01 wrote: »
    sympha01 wrote: »
    Not that everyone was rude. Debating the topic is a good thing. ... Just don't see how I can be attached and told I'm telling people what to do and I'm a Newby when all I did was shared a article

Choose your words more carefully then. Your post title told people what to do. That's telling people what to do. Words mean things. Use them the way you mean them and you won't be misunderstood. And if you took the time to read and lurk for a while before posting links willy-nilly, you'd see that when people genuinely want a "debate" they post a little more about themselves, where they're coming from, if they have any credentials (and most people don't, and that's perfectly fine). Not just a directive headline of what to do and a link to an outside site. Put your own skin in the game.

Finally, please learn what the abuse flag is for. Hint: it's not for getting upset that someone posted that they didn't like your post. You can be disciplined by the moderators for abusing the abuse flag that way if you make a habit of it.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points?

You can stop commenting now... Find something better to do please

There you go again, telling people what to do lol. Maybe you can stop reading this thread, as it's only giving you sadz because it didn't go the way you thought it should.

Or don't. DO WHAT YOU WANNA DO lady.

Once again and for the last time.....

I bet you don't mean that. I bet you'll be back. To repeat yourself. Again.

Look, you posted a link.

I posted a reply essentially saying I thought your post showed bad manners (talking before getting to know the community, and telling people what to do).

You posted calling me a jerk.

I posted calling you a jerk back, and trying to inform you about the community guidelines. Also, to re-affirm my own thoughts of your jerkiness.

You posted telling me to stop posting.

I posted to laugh at you for not being terribly self aware.

You posted to tell me to stop posting again.

Do you get that I don't have to? Do you get that you're not the boss of me (or anyone else)? Do you get that telling me what to do triggered this whole thing in the first place, and just makes me want to do something to make you mad? I'VE GOT NOTHING BUT TIME.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hold on, I'm wearing the wrong pants for this thread.

66oux3gxi4il.png

That's better.
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    whiteknight.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Sorry. Nope. Load of crap. That's my professional opinion.

As a pancake?

That's DR. Pancake. I didn't go to pancake school for 7 years just to called merely "pancake".

I lost it at work on this one :smiley: thanks for the great laugh!

I aim to please. ;)

What am I? Scotch mist?

Ya think you made da funnies all on your own...

Dude

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUqQt3Kg0
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAAAAAAAAAY!
    No wait... I need breakfast first!!!!

u5fmgitm9zrr.jpg
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    This thread is a candidate for being closed. No useful discussion being made anymore.
This discussion has been closed.