12346»

Replies

• brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ryanstwin wrote: »
    Why are you cutting out meat though?
    Personally for better digestion and to become more overall healthy more so tho anything. Longevity avoid heart related problems extra weight etc.

should probably read up more, i personally try to eat all of the meat i can. seems to be working as i'm down 90lbs. Cutting out meat is ignorant. Saying meat makes you gain weight is just crazy and you need so much protein if you're going to gain strength. Without meat, getting 200g of protein a day would just be binge drinking on protein shakes.

im eating meat as i type this ha.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Not a good reason to give up meat, imo, because meat doesn't cause belly fat.

That's where I just shook my head. If you are doing it just to try it out for fun or doing it for moral reasons, that's cool. But doing it because you think that cutting it out is going to make belly fat disappear is just :laugh:
  • Ryanstwin
    Ryanstwin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If OP wasn't clearly a dude as evidenced by his profile pic and username, I'd swear he was a 20 something female. When he referenced Freelee the Banana Nut I seriously had to go double check.
    Yeah, meat's not bad for you nor is it fattening. If you want to cut down on it/stop eating it for moral reasons then that's OK but it's simply not correct to assume that eliminating or drastically reducing it will make you healthier.

Have you ever went vegan or vegetarian?

• Ryanstwin
    Options
    brdnw wrote: »
    Why are you cutting out meat though?
    Personally for better digestion and to become more overall healthy more so tho anything. Longevity avoid heart related problems extra weight etc.

should probably read up more, i personally try to eat all of the meat i can. seems to be working as i'm down 90lbs. Cutting out meat is ignorant. Saying meat makes you gain weight is just crazy and you need so much protein if you're going to gain strength. Without meat, getting 200g of protein a day would just be binge drinking on protein shakes.

im eating meat as i type this ha.

Have you personally ever went without eating meat for a extended amount of time ?

• Ryanstwin
    Options
    IF you have no experience eating
    If OP wasn't clearly a dude as evidenced by his profile pic and username, I'd swear he was a 20 something female. When he referenced Freelee the Banana Nut I seriously had to go double check.
    Yeah, meat's not bad for you nor is it fattening. If you want to cut down on it/stop eating it for moral reasons then that's OK but it's simply not correct to assume that eliminating or drastically reducing it will make you healthier.
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Not a good reason to give up meat, imo, because meat doesn't cause belly fat.

That's where I just shook my head. If you are doing it just to try it out for fun or doing it for moral reasons, that's cool. But doing it because you think that cutting it out is going to make belly fat disappear is just :laugh:
    And your profile pic is pikachu what do you know you're probably 12 years old not even old enough to go in a gym on your own
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    I'm cutting my notifications off for this thread I got 90% *kitten* responses from people criticizing my decision with no real knowledge nor experience on the subject of vegan or vegetarian style eating . Just a bunch of meat eaters telling me I'm stupid of giving up meat because they couldn't imagine ever doing it.. I'm out I will stick to talking to my friends reading books and YouTube videos anything better than the advice I got on here
  • Ryanstwin
    Options

Have you ever went vegan or vegetarian?

How is that a relevant question?
    But to play your game, no I haven't. I have considered vegetarianism on occasion, for ethical/financial reasons. NOT because of a misguided notion it will make me healthier or help with weight loss. I prefer to use science to aid in my decisions on that front.

So you have no real evidence that it doesn't work. Thanks .. You have never tried the vegan or vegetarian lifestyle so you don't know what the f you are talking about peace
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I've gone meatless for long periods of time. Sometimes I'd go completely plant based with no animal foods at all. Other times I'd include a little dairy and some eggs. Sometimes I'd take a flexitarian approach.

I didn't notice any noteworthy benefits. I currently emphasize real, whole foods, that includes lots of veggies and a fair amount of meat, fish, eggs, and dairy. I think I feel stronger and more energetic this way.

that said, I'm all for trying new things and if you want to try cutting down on meat and seeing how that works, go for it. I hear a lot of people say it improves the way they feel. That was not my experience, but it might be yours, and if it is, than I would keep moving further in that direction.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    what's up everyone thought I would try something new and cut out meat on the weekdays only allowing myself to eat it on my two days off work. Hoping to improve my strength with weight training and get leaner. My midsection fat is frustrating me. So I will give an update on my results at s later date. Also is anyone else who weight trains doing this chime in

Let us know how it turns out when you actually start restricting calories instead of randomly eliminating foods
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congrats on deciding to go meat-free on week days :) Fill up on fruits and veggies and eat plant based proteins like beans and lentils :)
This discussion has been closed.